Saturday's conference-tournament bonanza | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Saturday's conference-tournament bonanza

Reaction Score
In their last 20 games (ie, the PAC games), Ore St averaging 64.3 points and giving up 55.8.

Take out games against the PAC bottom feeders and it becomes 62.3 to 56.0.

Eek.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Ummm just saw Jordin Canada hug Scott Rueck and ummm she is a couple inches taller than him! She looks so small on the floor :eek:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
And she is the highest rated recruit to ever come to Oregon State. Didn't know that!

That is a bit surprising. Weisner and Wiese were both really good college players, but neither were real high ranked coming out of HS. They have a player coming in next year that is ranked somewhere around the 35-40 range. I would REALLY like to see what Rueck could do w/ a top 10 ranked recruit. He was close but no cigar w/ Ionescu and then Westbrook. Maybe he'll get one of those type of players eventually.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ummm just saw Jordin Canada hug Scott Rueck and ummm she is a couple inches taller than him! She looks so small on the floor :eek:

I know he's not tall. I've never officially heard his height. It's hilarious if you see him next to one of his players like Hamblin last year or Gulic, 6-4 or 6-5.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
That is a bit surprising. Weisner and Wiese were both really good college players, but neither were real high ranked coming out of HS. They have a player coming in next year that is ranked somewhere around the 35-40 range. I would REALLY like to see what Rueck could do w/ a top 10 ranked recruit. He was close but no cigar w/ Ionescu and then Westbrook. Maybe he'll get one of those type of players eventually.

Yea, I was hoping Westbrook would pick Oregon State. She would get better coaching that's for sure!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I HATE UNC.... The team.. The colors.. The fans.. The mascot.. The fight song :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:Head bangHead bangHead bangHead bang

Anyway... Let's go ducks

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
UCLA seemed to be only good, in the 2nd quarter, when Hanson was on bench with 2 fouls and Gulich was not playing well.
Monique Billings was flustered by the Beavers.
By the way, I know Hanson on OSU is a senior, but I am pretty sure she and Lou played one year on Cal Swish. Lou played 2 years ahead of most players. Hanson definetly played with the rebounding Samuelson, aka Karlie on Swish.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
In their last 20 games (ie, the PAC games), Ore St averaging 64.3 points and giving up 55.8.

Eek.

Which of the Pac-12 teams are you considering bottom-feeders? You mean the bottom half of the conference?

But it's true that OSU just keeps pulling out the close games against good teams. They have beaten:
  • Washington by 3 (after leading by 20+ in the 3rd quarter)
  • Stanford by 3 in double OT
  • Oregon by 3
  • UCLA by 7
  • Stanford by 3
And their only losses were to UCLA by 10 and USC by 20.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score

Eek.

18-2 record in those games. Winning is the goal, style points aren't necessary.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I HATE UNC.... The team.. The colors.. The fans.. The mascot.. The fight song :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:Head bangHead bangHead bangHead bang

Anyway... Let's go ducks

I love me some Joel Berry II :p

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
WVU leads OU 74-45 with 5 minutes in game.

OU has been on a slide since upsetting Texas.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I love me some Joel Berry II :p

daffy_duck__1920x1080.jpg

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yea, I was hoping Westbrook would pick Oregon State. She would get better coaching that's for sure!

I was hoping so too. Really hard to make the case that Tennessee is a better program right now than Oregon St. is. Tennessee has a pipeline to Oregon for some strange reason. Russell, Reynolds, Nared and now Westbrook. The Beavers and Ducks need to shut that pipeline down.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
I was hoping so too. Really hard to make the case that Tennessee is a better program right now than Oregon St. is. Tennessee has a pipeline to Oregon for some strange reason. Russell, Reynolds, Nared and now Westbrook. The Beavers and Ducks need to shut that pipeline down.

Can you imagine if those players were at Oregon State!?!?! Holy cow!!!

Plebe

Reaction Score
WVU leads OU 74-45 with 5 minutes in game.

OU has been on a slide since upsetting Texas.

It's weird how that works. Texas beats Baylor and FSU and then loses to Oklahoma, Baylor and Iowa State.
OU beats Texas and then loses to Kansas State and gets crushed in demoralizing blowouts by Baylor and WVU.
Tulane almost beats UConn and then loses to UCF, Memphis, and again to UCF.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
West Virginia upsets Oklahoma in the BIG12 Quarters 82-58.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Can you imagine if those players were at Oregon State!?!?! Holy cow!!!

That would be something. When those older players were coming out of HS I don't think OSU really had it rolling yet, but Westbrook...I just don't get that one. If she wanted to go across the country, why not pick a current top program like Notre Dame? But staying close to home and playing for a really good up and coming program like OSU seems so much better than a fading program that's been resting on it's laurels for the last decade like the Vols, under a coach who just doesn't seem like she's any good at coaching. Current OSU soph Katie McWilliams was a HS teammate of Westbrook.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Canada got some window dressing at the end, but she basically got shut down in the 2nd half.

The problem for Canada was that other than a couple O-board tip-ins and one 3 from Burke, literally no one else scored for UCLA in the 2nd half. Canada is great but she needs other players to be scoring at least a little to open the floor up for her.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I wonder if OSU has a preference between facing Stanford or Oregon? They went 2-0 against both, all 4 games were tight games and grinders. Beating Stanford for a third time would do more for them trying to impress the committee for seeding purposes.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The problem for Canada was that other than a couple O-board tip-ins and one 3 from Burke, literally no one else scored for UCLA in the 2nd half. Canada is great but she needs other players to be scoring at least a little to open the floor up for her.

Wait, are you talking about Canada or Plum? Sounds a bit familiar for the Huskies. No player, no matter how good, is gonna win games without any help from their teammates on a regular basis.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wait, are you talking about Canada or Plum? Sounds a bit familiar for the Huskies. No player, no matter how good, is gonna win games without any help from their teammates on a regular basis.

Yeah, it was a similar problem. Billings could never settle into the offense and went scoreless in the 2nd half. Kornet and Korver and Hayes couldn't get anything to fall. OSU, meanwhile, opened up its 2nd half lead not through scoring from Wiese, but from Hanson, Gulich, and Pivec.

The other issue for Canada was that she was expending so much energy with her breakneck defensive intensity trying to come up with deflections and steals, that she looked tired on a lot of those shots she missed down the stretch. But she felt like she had no choice because no one else on her team could throw it in the ocean. But ultimately credit goes to OSU's defense for that.

Reaction Score
OSU made me proud tonight. Not the prettiest game, with 21 turnovers, but if you like defense, this team is special. Nobody has said anything about their post defense. They shut down UCLA in the post, and, completely dominated the rebounding. When Gabby Hanson returned to the game, everything changed. Her presence is as important as anyone on this team. She is just special. FYI, Jordan Canada is probably the best point guard in the country: offensively and defensively. WOW! UCLA is going to go deep in the tournament. They are just scary. OSU did luck out that UCLA did not hit a lot of 3's today. Even if OSU loses the PAC-12 championship game, they gave me confidence tonight that they know (as well any team) how to win the close games. OUT.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom