Saturday's conference-tournament bonanza | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Saturday's conference-tournament bonanza

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
OSU does play ugly, but they can shut teams down w/ their D.

I would love for Duke to play Oregon State in the sweet 16..... Might be the brutal to watch... First team to 37 would probably win. :confused::oops:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
71-56 final. McCall and Johnson combined for 28 pts and 27 rebs and shut down the Oregon post players. McPhee scored 8 of her 15 in the 4th quarter.

OSU-Stanford round 3 coming up in the championship game. I predict a low scoring grinder, going way out on a limb with that one.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
What a stifling defensive performance by Stanford. After Oregon scored 25 in the first 10 minutes, they only scored 31 in the next 30, including a 3 in garbage time. There wasn't a single offensive possession in the 2nd half were Oregon looked anywhere close to comfortable.

How many blocked shots did Stanford have? Box score says 10. That's a lot.
How many O-boards did Stanford get? Box score says 16, including 8 by McCall and 6 by Johnson.

Oregon had a great run. I'd like to think they did enough to get a #7 seed, and thereby avoid a potential 2nd-round game vs. a #1 seed, but we'll see.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Yes; I'm worried about that with MSU's bigs. A'ja will have to have a monster game.
Herbert Harrigan played very well today, and I'm sure she'll get plenty of minutes in Coates's absence.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It's weird how that works. Texas beats Baylor and FSU and then loses to Oklahoma, Baylor and Iowa State.
OU beats Texas and then loses to Kansas State and gets crushed in demoralizing blowouts by Baylor and WVU.
Tulane almost beats UConn and then loses to UCF, Memphis, and again to UCF.
Lange went down for TX in the Baylor game which helps explain that loss and the following ones.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Herbert Harrigan played very well today, and I'm sure she'll get plenty of minutes in Coates's absence.

It's a preview of next season since Alaina is our only senior who plays much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom