Saturday Tip 8:49pm | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Saturday Tip 8:49pm

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I was expecting and hoping it to be the 2nd game due to UConn vs __, as opposed to FAU vs SDST/Creighton .

I was invited to my wife's cousin's 50th birthday dinner at 6pm Sat, so I was really hoping we'd be the prime time game. At least now I don't need to create any excuses or watch on delay. I need to go thru my mojo ritual, and luckily should be fine.

Reaction Score
Happy Birthday Hbo GIF by SuccessionHBO
Lol that covered it...

Reaction Score
I get it, I'm just frustrated at having to stay up again. Did fine yesterday, but for the ladies game at 9 recently, I was falling asleep before the game ever started. It's a crap shoot.
I'm less concerned with your ability to stay awake than Adama's ability to be able to hydrate during the game...If he can play a game without eating or drinking...you should be able to stay awake. :D

The women's game is worthy of a 2 min check in IMO....watching an entire game would def put me to sleep.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I suppose the 2nd game is better, but I wish it was at 8:00 not 8:49. I'll have to find someplace to watch it in Saint Simon's Georgia. Hotel has a nice little pub, but lousy TVs. So I did some searching and this may be my best bet outside the hotel room. Brogen's South - Pier Village, St. Simons Island

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I can't believe that a handful of days before the final four (which we happen to be participating in) there's a thread basically telling people we have fans that are too old to stay up for the later games.

abe-simpson-abe-simpson-cloud.gif

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I can't believe that a handful of days before the final four (which we happen to be participating in) there's a thread basically telling people we have fans that are too old to stay up for the later games.

View attachment 86065
Since that likely means me, I'm just lamenting that the 2 east coast teams didn't get the earlier time slot and the west coast team get the later slot, but as others have said, that's what happens when you're the marquee team left alive. All of us will be awake for the game.
Excellent use of Abe Simpson. Kudos on that one.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

View attachment 86065

In addition to what @Fairfield_1st said, which is valid (although FAU is not west cost and it occurs to me Miami has two schools in the final four), the times just stink overall. The times of the games yesterday were much better. Play one of these at 3 and the other at 6. It's a weekend. Saturday night at 9:00 eastern isn't going to drive ratings, although it probably helps sports bars. MNF moved start back to 8:15 on purpose.

Reaction Score
In addition to what @Fairfield_1st said, which is valid (although FAU is not west cost and it occurs to me Miami has two schools in the final four), the times just stink overall. The times of the games yesterday were much better. Play one of these at 3 and the other at 6. It's a weekend. Saturday night at 9:00 eastern isn't going to drive ratings, although it probably helps sports bars. MNF moved start back to 8:15 on purpose.
Why aren't those times going to drive ratings? People tend to do things during the day on a Saturday and watch TV at night on a Saturday.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Why aren't those times going to drive ratings? People tend to do things during the day on a Saturday and watch TV at night on a Saturday.
College football suggests otherwise. People are often free during the day but have nighttime plans (dinner, movies, parties, concerts). There are no first run shows on Saturday nights because it's the worst night of the week for TV.

Reaction Score
College football suggests otherwise. People are often free during the day but have nighttime plans (dinner, movies, parties, concerts). There are no first run shows on Saturday nights because it's the worst night of the week for TV.
NFL suggests otherwise though. There's a reason they always put the games late on Saturday (evening and night) and then during the day on Sunday (afternoon and evening)

Reaction Score
FAU is in Boca…. Hardly Miami

That’s like saying Stamford and Mystic are the same.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

View attachment 86065

I dont mind the hour so much I just wish I didnt drink so much cough syrup

Reaction Score
I'm up at 6, even on weekends. That internal clock is a b*tch. Sometimes I wake up at 5-ish and the mind is racing. Those are the days I eventually head bob myself to sleep on the couch by 9.
I'm with you, worked in dairy farming as a kid and never got the early wakeup out of my system... I also hate the late start, but having Adama hydrated is worth it. BTW, got my start as a Husky fan right about when you did, the stars were Corny Thompson and Mike McKay

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I'm with you, worked in dairy farming as a kid and never got the early wakeup out of my system... I also hate the late start, but having Adama hydrated is worth it. BTW, got my start as a Husky fan right about when you did, the stars were Corny Thompson and Mike McKay
Corny was in the next town over from me (Cromwell/Middletown). As a player, I used to love Bobby Dulin. Unfortunately his legal history has marred my memories. But I can see Mike McKay hitting shots from the corner. I started watching them, I think, on Ch 20 and definitely on a B&W TV. I actually found a bunch of older programs from around the early 80's at a tag sale. It's fun looking through them.

Reaction Score
People watch games at bars while out.

College football plays their semifinals on Saturday at 4/8pm and end around 11pm, just like college basketball (accounting for longer games it's the same as 6/8:45).

Networks like that people will watch on Sat night and get good ratings and they don't have to disrupt their normal programming during the week. They put the championship on a weekday though to maximize viewership.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom