Saturday games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Saturday games

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Fennelly got T'd up when he thought Carleton was fouled on a shot. Man is there any coach in the world who turns more lobster-red than he does.

His "I'm indignant" look is great too.

Reaction Score
Cox goes through some major stretches where she looks like she hasn't shot a basketball before

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I’m at the San Diego State-UNLV game . These refs are killing me.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I’m at the San Diego State-UNLV game . These refs are killing me.
Want the Lady Rebels to win, they need to stay in the top 5 for the MW Tourney.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Iowa State made it somewhat interesting, cutting the lead to 9 in mid-4Q, but couldn't get any closer. Carleton carried them for the most part offensively, but she missed a couple of open 3s that could have cut the deficit even closer.

Oklahoma, meanwhile, has opened a 14-point lead on West Virginia in the middle of 4Q. This would be a really bad loss for WV.

Reaction Score
20C3EBB0-EEEE-48F0-A579-A7F66CCF0854.jpeg
I had a great view at the game & here’s Fennely after getting T’d up. Carleton lost her legs late otherwise it would have been much more interesting. She had 3 wide open looks but missed them all & a layup in the 4th. Atmosphere was dead but came alive in the last quarter.

Landrum was Baylor’s best player. Relieving pressure & hitting big shots. Chloe Jackson also did well hitting mid range shots. Didi Richards is a HUGE liability, my goodness, she cannot shoot. They were letting her shoot from 8 feet and it would graze the rim. Kalani did well but she just doesnt ever impose her will, still not worthy of a top 3 pick IMO. Cox is great defensively but was almost just as bad offensively today. Baylor team defense is by far the best in the country. Will be a tough out but defintely beatable by a skilled team.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Head bang Overtime in High Point..... crazy last minute of the game.

Reaction Score
View attachment 40065 I had a great view at the game & here’s Fennely after getting T’d up. Carleton lost her legs late otherwise it would have been much more interesting. She had 3 wide open looks but missed them all & a layup in the 4th. Atmosphere was dead but came alive in the last quarter.

Landrum was Baylor’s best player. Relieving pressure & hitting big shots. Chloe Jackson also did well hitting mid range shots. Didi Richards is a HUGE liability, my goodness, she cannot shoot. They were letting her shoot from 8 feet and it would graze the rim. Kalani did well but she just doesnt ever impose her will, still not worthy of a top 3 pick IMO. Cox is great defensively but was almost just as bad offensively today. Baylor team defense is by far the best in the country. Will be a tough out but defintely beatable by a skilled team.

I really think Moon Ursin should get more minutes. She isn't bad defensively at all and actually can shoot. I love the way Didi plays defense but at the same time, her decisions with the ball and shooting is a big liability.

Cox has a lot of moments where she goes through major stretches of ugly basketball offensively.

Jackson was great as always.

Browns presence opened up a lot of wide open looks outside. Landrum and Didi missed a bunch of nice looks late in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
I really think Moon Ursin should get more minutes. She isn't bad defensively at all and actually can shoot. I love the way Didi plays defense but at the same time, her decisions with the ball and shooting is a big liability.

Cox has a lot of moments where she goes through major stretches of ugly basketball offensively.

Jackson was great as always.

Browns presence opened up a lot of wide open looks outside. Landrum and Didi missed a bunch of nice looks late in the 2nd half.
I agree I don’t know why Ursin doesn’t play more either.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, OK wins 80-69 on the road. :confused::confused:
Shot 50% from 3 and 52% overall

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You come into the Purple Panther's Den... prepare to get dealt with severely :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: My HPU Panthers remain in second place with an overtime win 78-68
Purple_Panther_Happy.png

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So you ended up going after all?

unfortunately no..... the last two home games are weekday games.. so I wont get to those either. Maybe if they remain the second place team.... i can catch some Big South tourney action.

Reaction Score
What killed ISU vs Baylor was their lack of scoring in stretches of =+5 minutes each. Of course I can give credit to Baylor, but ISU had shots that they should have made.

Reaction Score
What killed ISU vs Baylor was their lack of scoring in stretches of =+5 minutes each. Of course I can give credit to Baylor, but ISU had shots that they should have made.
No. What really killed ISU was that 70 percent of their scoring came from two starters. The rest of the team, with the exception of a seldom used post player, did very little.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Rice is down at halftime to Texas. Sorry, I meant North Texas.

In their defense, they wound up winning by 12. The actual Texas beat North Texas by 10.

They're a different team with Mulkey now playing.

Plebe

Reaction Score
No. What really killed ISU was that 70 percent of their scoring came from two starters. The rest of the team, with the exception of a seldom used post player, did very little.
That and the fact that they shot 5-27 from 3, especially when they're supposed to be known as a good 3-point shooting team.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Kansas State picked up another significant win at TCU, 75-72, to boost their at-large bid chances.

The Big 12 has 3 teams—TCU, K-State, West Virginia—that are all floating around the bubble but struggling to distinguish themselves from one another. They each have a win over Iowa State. K-State has swept the series with Texas, and WV got a win over Texas in Austin. TCU still has a key home game vs. Texas.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Want the Lady Rebels to win, they need to stay in the top 5 for the MW Tourney.

We pulled it out, 62-49. :cool: Today was a good day.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Interesting passage in the write-up of the Baylor-ISU game:

PLAYER OF THE YEAR DEBATE
Mulkey was asked about who she thought should be the Big 12 player of the year. Mulkey made a passionate case for Brown, arguing that she "gets triple-teamed every game." But just a few minutes later Fennelly, without being asked, made a push for Carleton. "There should be no doubt, no doubt, who the player of the year in the league is. And if anyone doesn't vote for Bridget Carleton, then you need to come talk to me," Fennelly said. "I'll see you at the Big 12 meetings."

Baylor vs. Iowa State - Game Recap - February 23, 2019 - ESPN

Reaction Score
Iowa State missed 3 after 3, especially in first quarter, but Baylor's height and muscle was too much. Yet, IS cut lead to 9 late. As long as Baylor can force the game inside, they will be team to beat. Problem is that they can hit from midrange if you concentrate on paint defense. Missed shots mean Brown rebounds. She's beast power. Shot selection is important but it is worth noting IS was open for 3s--they just couldn't make them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom