Saturday games | The Boneyard

Saturday games

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So it's the battle of the "UConn alums turned assistant coaches for other AAC teams." So who wins a game of 1-on-1 between Sales and Crockett?

UCF has to be the least impressive top-20 RPI team ever. I fully expect them to do their usual close game vs. weak competition where they play with fire and hope they can pull through down the stretch.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
UCF 37-33 at the half. Lots of Temple players hitting the floor

Plebe

Reaction Score
Baylor-Iowa State will be coming up at 4 ET, but I just got back from the Erwin Center, and the curse is broken! Texas beat Texas Tech, 81-57, and it's the first game UT has won this year with me in attendance :)

Texas has had a *very* up-and-down season and were coming off a very disappointing home loss to Kansas State. The competition today was hardly elite, but there were still some encouraging signs in this game:
  • Joyner Holmes had by far the best game I've seen from her since freshman year. She finished with 20 points (16 in the first half), 6 rebounds and 4 assists. She was 9-13 from the floor and 2-2 from the arc. And 3 of those assists were extremely impressive—especially for a player not exactly known for sharing the ball.
  • Charli Collier has gradually been looking more comfortable (and less lost) on the floor, and her minutes have gradually increased. Today she had 14 points and 7 rebounds. She might not have much impact in this year's postseason, but her development does bode well for next year, after both White and Aborowa graduate.
As for Tech, well, not a great showing. Marlene Stollings did something very curious: she sat her point guard Chrislyn Carr—the nation's highest-scoring freshman (17.9 ppg)—in the 1st chair of the bench for the entire 1st quarter. I suppose this could've been a discipline issue, or maybe she just wanted Carr to take in the game from a tactical standpoint before entering. In any event, she then played almost the entire rest of the game (28 minutes) and still finished with 19 points.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In Big South Action..... the Hampton Pirates downed the Longwood Lancers 86-70. My Panthers (HPU) face the Garner-Webb Bulldogs in action at 4pm. I had thought about going to that game... to see some Big South action in person..... but I had to make a change in plans.

So it's the battle of the "UConn alums turned assistant coaches for other AAC teams." So who wins a game of 1-on-1 between Sales and Crockett?

UCF has to be the least impressive top-20 RPI team ever. I fully expect them to do their usual close game vs. weak competition where they play with fire and hope they can pull through down the stretch.

See if I would have said that...... :rolleyes:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The game is nowhere near as rough as the UConn game and in fact Temple is the one with the bumping and forearm shivers in the second half. Temple has also narrowed the score to 44-43 UCF with 2:30 left in Q3

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
In Big South Action..... the Hampton Pirates downed the Longwood Lancers 86-70. My Panthers (HPU) face the Garner-Webb Bulldogs in action at 4pm. I had thought about going to that game... to see some Big South action in person..... but I had to make a change in plans.

See if I would have said that. :rolleyes:
Longwood factoid - the women’s hoops team used to be coached by former UConn player Kris Lamb Caruso

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Temple is disintegrating in front of my eyes and yet they’re only down 6. Neither team can hit the ocean from a boat

The refs are completely in charge of the physicality, which is well within what I would call a normal range

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I’m leaving with 43 seconds left and UCF up 60-54. Just awful basketball

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
UCF 62 Temple 54, must have been a doozy.:eek::eek:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Just noticed Rice is ranked 25th. Best team they've beaten all year might be Western Kentucky. They've lost to the only three decent teams they've played, one of them by 25 to North Carolina at home.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

My money is on Sales. Willnett only wakes up during Tournament action according to Geno.

Reaction Score
I’m currently at the Iowa St & Baylor game. This is a total mismatch so far. Bridget Carelton is the only one talented enough to keep up. Landrum & Chloe Jackson have been great. Baylor defense is suffocating!

Plebe

Reaction Score
I’m currently at the Iowa St & Baylor game. This is a total mismatch so far. Bridget Carelton is the only one talented enough to keep up. Landrum & Chloe Jackson have been great. Baylor defense is suffocating!
Yeah I'm watching on TV and it's pretty much a mismatch. Not much different than how their game in Waco played out. I will say, Iowa State has had makeable shots that they've just simply missed. That last possession of the half where they got a steal, made a nice shot fake but then blew the layup pretty much summed up the half for them.

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm watching on TV and it's pretty much a mismatch. Not much different than how their game in Waco played out. I will say, Iowa State has had makeable shots that they've just simply missed. That last possession of the half where they got a steal, made a nice shot fake but then blew the layup pretty much summed up the half for them.
Could have been an 11 point game. Rimmed out on a 3 in the last minute also.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Rice is down at halftime to Texas. Sorry, I meant North Texas.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
My Aggies (NCAT) remain undefeated in MEAC play with a 59-52 victory over SC State Bulldogs. The Aggies mascot is a Bulldog... so a little Bulldog on Bulldog violence today in Greensboro. The men are playing right now... so its a bulldog battle-royale over in Corbett Arena.

HPU is up on the Gardner Webb Bulldogs 33-26 at the halftime. Just found out that the GWU Men's team plays HPU in the second part of the slate this evening. Whole lotta bulldogs up in the Triad today.... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
And Oklahoma is leading West Virginia at the half as well.
On DirecTV the OK/WVU game is on Channel 659...AT&T Sportsnet Pittsburgh
OK up 34-32, early seconds of the 3rd quarter.
I think West bygod Virginia is a suburb of Pittsburgh :rolleyes:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Its getting very heated at Iowa State
Fennelly got T'd up when he thought Carleton was fouled on a shot. Man is there any coach in the world who turns more lobster-red than he does.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Baylor holding pretty steady at 17/18 point margin on Iowa State in 3rd quarter. On MSG Plus HD DTV 635

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom