Saturday games | The Boneyard

Saturday games

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Clemson blowing out BC, 60-27!
Clemson's turnaround this year has been pretty stunning. To be fair, Amanda Butler didn't inherit a bare cupboard, despite their dismal record of the past few years. Kobi Thornton, Danielle Edwards and Aliyah Collier are a nice returning core with a lot of experience. And then add in Simone Westbrook, who basically followed coach Butler from Florida to Clemson after the NCAA granted her a 7th year of eligibility.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
3:13 left...Clemson leads BC, 86-52.

At halftime...Central Michigan leads Buffalo, 51-34.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Final: Clemson beat BC, 91-58. Clemson improves to 17-9, 7-5 ACC and only 3 games off the conference lead. BC lost its 5th game in a row and are now 14-12, 3-10 ACC.

Plebe

Reaction Score
In a game between Big 12 bubble teams, West Virginia was 8-14 from 3 in the first half to build a 44-25 lead over TCU.

In a key game in the MAC, Central Michigan is looking for a season sweep over Buffalo, currently up 51-34 at the half. This game features 3 players among the finalists for the "positional" awards: Cierra Dillard (shooting guard), Presley Hudson (point guard) and Reyna Frost (power forward).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In BIG SOUTH action... My Panthers (HPU) are ripping the Blue Hose (PU) to shreds at halftime 35-16. When the Methodists and Presbyterians meet up on the hardwood.... you might as well throw out that record book. :cool:

Plebe

Reaction Score
In BIG SOUTH action... My Panthers (HPU) are ripping the Blue Hose (PU) to shreds at halftime 35-16. When the Methodists and Presbyterians meet up on the hardwood.... you might as well throw out that record book. :cool:
The record book, or the hymnal? :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Final: Clemson beat BC, 91-58. Clemson improves to 17-9, 7-5 ACC and only 3 games off the conference lead. BC lost its 5th game in a row and are now 14-12, 3-10 ACC.

I expected a better game from Boston College. I checked the score while waiting for my shawarma.. and saw Clemson was monkey stomping them at half-time by 30 :eek: Got home and watched the last few minutes.... those deep reserves for Clemson were intent on getting their shots up .. :D... I wonder what the BC coach thought of that.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The record book, or the hymnal? :rolleyes:

well since its a Saturday.. the record book :p HPU needs this win to stay within a game of Hampton. Getting the #2 seed in the tourney is key. Im already ceding the Regular season title to Radford.

Reaction Score
Clemson's turnaround this year has been pretty stunning.

So who is ACC COY -- Butler or Moore? Probably Moore, even though good chance they both end up 11-5 in conference.

Plebe

Reaction Score
well since its a Saturday.. the record book :p HPU needs this win to stay within a game of Hampton. Getting the #2 seed in the tourney is key. Im already ceding the Regular season title to Radford.
I looked up the Big South tournament bracket and I see that the #2 seed gets to host the semifinal game. That does make a big difference between #2 and #3. I also see in the schedule that Hampton still has to play at Radford, whereas High Point has already played Radford twice.

The High Point-Hampton on Mar. 2 will be important for your team.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Something odd just happened in the HPU-PU game. The HPU player was shooting free throws... and apparently someone in the crowd yelled out Biscuits and Gravy while the HPU player was in the motion of shooting. She missed... but they rewarded her with another free throw. :confused:

Plebe

Reaction Score
So who is ACC COY -- Butler or Moore? Probably Moore, even though good chance they both end up 11-5 in conference.
Both would be very worthy. Really tough call. Clemson was picked to finish last by the media and next-to-last by the coaches. Moore is earning lots of extra credit for weathering the injury storm. To me it's a toss-up.

Plebe

Reaction Score
The CMU-Buffalo game has heated up. Buffalo is frenetically full court pressing and forcing some turnovers, has closed the gap to 10 early in 4Q.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I would seek @Plebe perspective on this given my initial view that I am not convinced Joanna Bernabei-McNamee is such a great coach. To wit, After Coach Abe left Albany to lead UCF, JBM took over a pretty talented team and won the next two conference titles, which then garnered her the BC job. However the Albany cupboard appears completely bare and BC is not showing signs of any improvement since the beginning of the year. I haven’t researched their roster enough to know how bare it was whenJBM took over. I do have grave concerns whether JBM can recruit any talent so this could be just another BC team overmatched in the ACC. Thoughts?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

If Clemson gets to 11-5.... Butler will be COY without a doubt. They probably havent won 11 conference games combined the past 4 years. Im willing to bet they lose 2 of their final 3 games though.

Plebe

Reaction Score
If Clemson gets to 11-5.... Butler will be COY without a doubt. They probably havent won 11 conference games combined the past 4 years. Im willing to bet they lose 2 of their final 3 games though.
So you think Duke will be their only loss for the rest of the regular season? :rolleyes:

Plebe

Reaction Score
CMU-Buffalo game is really a good one. Buffalo cut the lead to 7 on a steal and layup with 4:00 to play. CMU working hard to endure the pressure, with only mixed success.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Something odd just happened in the HPU-PU game. The HPU player was shooting free throws... and apparently someone in the crowd yelled out Biscuits and Gravy while the HPU player was in the motion of shooting. She missed... but they rewarded her with another free throw. :confused:

That is indeed odd. Was there any explanation? Was a technical called on the crowd?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Holy cow. Dillard gets yet another steal and then an and-1 to cut the lead to 5 with 1:59 to play.
That kid is a baller.

Plebe

Reaction Score
And now Dillard with the step-back 3 cuts the lead to 4 with 1:03 to play.
Then Buffalo with another steal on the inbound.

And then Dillard gets swarmed by 3 players, and she just manages to find Hemphill who hits a huge 3 to cut the lead to 1 with 47 seconds to play.

What a game.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That MAC tourney is gonna be something to see. Unforunately the championship game will be aired on CBS Sports Network Head bang

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom