Saturday 2nd round thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Saturday 2nd round thread

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Is Missouri really going to foul down 16 with under 2 minutes left?

Reaction Score
Let's be honest, Houston probably would've had 8-10 losses if they played in a Power 5 or BE. Very good team, but definitely overrated because of the lack of competition in the AAC.

Another reason why we bailed on them.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I didn't care who we get if we win tomorrow. Arkansas is tough, young, and athletic but UConn has been playing physical teams all season long. Kansas always gets a good whistle and they travel as well as anyone in the country. Wouldn't have loved the idea of playing them in Vegas with Self likely making his grand entrance back for that one.

That was a really good game and now you don't have to decide who you're rooting for.
There was no decision to make, I always root UConn first. You’re right that we are more used to teams like this than Kansas is. But I still think we are better against teams that don’t bump, clutch and grab. It throws off our shooters just like it did for KU. But Davis likely doesn’t have another 28 point game in him and Sanogo could feast.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I hate when the refs let the team that is down big foul with impunity. Call the game like it is 0-0.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Arkansas is very beatable. Focus on davis. Council plays hero ball. Nick Smith has been intimidated by Musselman to not even be a factor anymore.
The best basketball game ( most entertaining) I’ve watched all year was Arkansas beating Creighton in Maui. They had a similar pre conference to us. And had a real rough conf season ( rougher than us) and like us figured a bunch of stuff out and turned it around.

Reaction Score
The best basketball game ( most entertaining) I’ve watched all year was Arkansas beating Creighton in Maui. They had a similar pre conference to us. And had a real rough conf season ( rougher than us) and like us figured a bunch of stuff out and turned it around.
BUT they can’t shoot. Teams that can’t shoot don’t scare me this time of the year. They’re physical and athletic. That’s about it. And we’ve been well conditioned to withstand that. No guarantee we take advantage. But they path is WIDE open

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
You mean when they beat Creighton by -3, 87-90?

Reaction Score
They lost their best player.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I admit to not really following Princeton lately, but when did they start scoring in the high 70s?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
BUT they can’t shoot. Teams that can’t shoot don’t scare me this time of the year. They’re physical and athletic. That’s about it. And we’ve been well conditioned to withstand that. No guarantee we take advantage. But they path is WIDE open
One game at a time. I remember the 94 tournament being wide open after BC took out 1 seed North Carolina in our Bracket, we were in the process of having 427 straight wins against BC and salivating at how wide open our cruise to FF was going to be, all we had to do was beat a meh Florida team.

We didn’t.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Has an ivy team ever made it to sweet 16?

TBS just flashed that Cornell in 2010 and Penn in 1978 and 1979. I think there was another one in the early 70's that got vacated.

Reaction Score
One game at a time. I remember the 94 tournament being wide open after BC took out 1 seed North Carolina in our Bracket, we were in the process of having 427 straight wins against BC and salivating at how wide open our cruise to FF was going to be, all we had to do was beat a meh Florida team.

We didn’t.
No I agree that anything can happen. But we couldn’t have argued for a better path when we woke up last Sunday morning. It’s there. And we’re capable

Reaction Score
I agree. The teams we've struggled against the most this season are Xavier and Marquette. Neither of them are very athletic, they play ok defense, but they can score like hell. Arkansas is the opposite, they play great defense with a lot of great athletes, but they definitely struggle offensively.

Reaction Score
I agree. The teams we've struggled against the most this season are Xavier and Marquette. Neither of them are very athletic, they play ok defense, but they can score like hell. Arkansas is the opposite, they play great defense with a lot of great athletes, but they definitely struggle offensively.
Agreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom