Saturday 2nd round thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Saturday 2nd round thread

Reaction Score
They are not “another team”. Look up the McD’s and number rankings of their roster. We have no one near as high as about 6 of their roster. Their backups are McD’s. They are playing a bunch of freshman, next year they’ll be dominant again. I dislike them, their fan base is entitled and so should you.
Any they have five 5 star commits for next year. In all honesty, none of Duke’s freshmen are ready the the NBA.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
One game at a time. I remember the 94 tournament being wide open after BC took out 1 seed North Carolina in our Bracket, we were in the process of having 427 straight wins against BC and salivating at how wide open our cruise to FF was going to be, all we had to do was beat a meh Florida team.

We didn’t.
We've been to the tournament enough to have a story covering every scenario, both positive and negative.

The stories you choose to tell say more about your own self confidence, or in this case lack thereof, than any future game insight.

Silly, but I get it though. Wet blanket any positive feelings...less suffering if you're let down later.

Reaction Score
$800 million sounds like they are pretty serious about sports to me.
One person is serious about sports…..multi- billionaire Pat Ryan. He has provided all the money and hasn’t really had much of a return.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
We've been to the tournament enough to have a story covering every scenario, both positive and negative.

The stories you choose to tell say more about your own self confidence, or in this case lack thereof, than any future game insight.

Silly, but I get it though. Wet blanket any positive feelings...less suffering if you're let down later.
Not wet blanket positive feelings. You need to recognize the difference between positive feelings and hubris. I’m all for being excited about our team. I’m very excited. And yes history both long past through this current weekend has taught me that a tempered realistic approach serves me well. That’s just me, you do you.

I root for my team, they aren’t my self identity, they speak to nothing about any of that. It is way more that the converse is true and that people who puff their chests prematurely at the slightest whiff of success screams small dik energy.

Last edited:

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Not wet blanket positive feelings. You need to recognize the difference between positive feelings and hubris.
You seem to interpret all positive feelings as hubris. And that may suit you fine. But how about we stop pretending your Debbie Downerism is some kind of Zen wisdom, instead of you just being scared?

August_West

Reaction Score
You seem to interpret all positive feelings as hubris. And that may suit you fine. But how about we stop pretending your Debbie Downerism is some kind of Zen wisdom, instead of you just being scared?
If I was scared I wouldn’t drop thousands and thousands of dollars on this endeavor

August_West

Reaction Score
"But...my wallet!"

Talk about small dik energy, lol
Youre trying way too hard, ease off the stick a little, maverick. You’re an incel I take it?

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Youre trying way too hard, ease off the stick a little, maverick. You’re an incel I take it?
Please, I'm cooler than the other side of the pillow. I'm spoiled and arrogant.

Now relax and enjoy our victory later today.

August_West

Reaction Score
Please, I'm cooler than the other side of the pillow. I'm spoiled and arrogant.

Now relax and enjoy our victory later today.
I’ll be rooting for it!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom