Sat at SHU | The Boneyard

Sat at SHU

Reaction Score
Taking my 14 year old son to the Sat game. He tells me that we have not seen the Husky men win since I have been taking him. I didn’t believe it at first but he’s right. We are riding a 5-game hoops losing streak starting with the December 2015 Maryland game (it is 8 losses in a row if you count the three football games we’ve been too together).

Maybe we shouldn’t go? Maybe I should leave him
home or one of you take him in my place?

Maybe we are due for a win? I sure as hell hope so!

Reaction Score
Taking my 14 year old son to the Sat game. He tells me that we have not seen the Husky men win since I have been taking him. I didn’t believe it at first but he’s right. We are riding a 5-game hoops losing streak starting with the December 2015 Maryland game (it is 8 losses in a row if you count the three football games we’ve been too together).

Feel bad for your son....have someone else take him...he deserves to see a win

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was really looking forward to this game, because both teams are fun to watch and match up really well against each other. Personally, and this may not be a popular opinion, I’d rather see it pushed off till both clubs are healthy.

Reaction Score

Dude, go to the game! Have a blast!

I live an hour outside Newark and just recovered from Covid, so I’m currently in the “yolo” stage of the pandemic wave. Combine that with my UConn basketball withdrawals…If the game’s on, I’m going.

Tickets are currently $35 on stubhub and I’m expecting that number to go down as the week advances so I won’t commit til Friday.

Reaction Score

Stay home! Lol

Reaction Score
On Saturday write a haiku and post then go to the game and enjoy.
A winning combination

If there is a game, we will be going! Maybe I will post a haiku for the bball gods. If we lose, maybe it will be a hanging offense. I agree though, my son and I are due way overdue.

Reaction Score
I bought my tickets a few months ago and had Covid over Christmas so besides having. Husky withdrawal... also look forward to being amongst people without worrying if I'm about to get sick or I'm infecting those around me.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score

Yikes, you poor guy. In all the games I've seen in person since 1989 (40 or so men's games, give or take) I can only remember about that many losses. I've had unbelievable luck.

My first game ever was the miracle comeback win over California in the Hartford Civic Center in the 1989 NIT. My older brother and his buddy brought me...we were way up in the cheap seats The building was packed and electric. I couldn't see anything going on, but the noise was exhilarating. I'm severely visually impaired.

Anyway, the next season was the 89-90 season and I was hooked like on nothing else before or since.

I haven't attended many games since the 2014 season.

Reaction Score
Yikes, you poor guy. In all the games I've seen in person since 1989 (40 or so men's games, give or take) I can only remember about that many losses. I've had unbelievable luck.

My first game ever was the miracle comeback win over California in the Hartford Civic Center in the 1989 NIT. My older brother and his buddy brought me...we were way up in the cheap seats The building was packed and electric. I couldn't see anything going on, but the noise was exhilarating. I'm severely visually impaired.

Anyway, the next season was the 89-90 season and I was hooked like on nothing else before or since.

I haven't attended many games since the 2014
I have been watching the Huskies play hoops since the Big East conference started. I have had the pleasure of riding the entire Jim Calhoun era and seeing many wins in person along the way. I did my Husky duty by raising my son to be a Huskies fan. It is quite the statement I guess on where the Huskies football and basketball programs fell in the 2015 - 2022 period that we haven’t seen a win in person since 2015 over 8 contests but to be fair, we didn’t get to many games over the last 6 seasons.

Reaction Score
I’ll be there, I recommend other yarders attend too if you can! Noon game so it won’t be a late night, let’s take over NJ

Reaction Score
It’s amazing how quickly this variant has changed things. It was less than a month ago that I sat in that building, maskless, and watched us beat St. Bonnies. This weekend — no way I replicate that trip. Even with a son in Hoboken who I’d love to go with.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It’s amazing how quickly this variant has changed things. It was less than a month ago that I sat in that building, massless, and watched us beat St. Bonnies. This weekend — now way I replicate that trip. Even with a son in Hoboken who I’d love to go with.
The double header at The Rock was a blast and I was looking forward to the Seton Hall game. They are built a lot like us and with both teams healthy it would’ve been an epic game. I am still thinking about it, but the smart answer is probably not to go

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom