Sarah Strong announcing tomorrow 4/6 at 11:00 am on ESPN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sarah Strong announcing tomorrow 4/6 at 11:00 am on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why are kids still being criticized by how they make their announcments these days? Doing it through social media or on ESPN is how it's been done for awhile now. Can we stop longing for the old days where kids just sent in a letter of intent and we found out afterwards?

Deal with it...and just look forward to the top player hopefully choosing us!

I’m in my 70s and never quite got the reverence
For the “old days”

Reaction Score
I see her going to Duke….close to home, good school, promising future…btw: Geno and the other coaches know the answer now…. She has to ( should) notify prior to the announcement….

Reaction Score
If she is advanced in her academics I would choose Duke. It is close to home, the program is close to being really good, and the Degree from Duke is valuable. If she just wants to hone her skills for the next level I would choose South Carolina or UConn and South Carolina is rumored to be out of the mix. North Carolina would be the surprise. They aren't elite in basketball, and they are not elite in education so that one would be "I want to play close to dad".

Reaction Score
Why are kids still being criticized by how they make their announcments these days? Doing it through social media or on ESPN is how it's been done for awhile now. Can we stop longing for the old days where kids just sent in a letter of intent and we found out afterwards?

Deal with it...and just look forward to the top player hopefully choosing us!
Agreed! Moreover, these kids have worked so hard to get to achieve this level of success. If you’re the number ONE player coming out of high school it’s nice to be recognized and get a little limelight on TV. And as someone else noted, it may help with NIL next year.

Let’s build these these kids up!! And who knows, maybe it was ESPN who was in charge of the scheduling the announcement and not Sarah. It seems like a pretty good time to keep promoting the future of WCBB!

“In a world where you can be anything…be KIND”

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I wonder if this has anything to do with the timing of it. Between this and the timing of it, tea leaves say Duke but I wouldn't be at all surprised if she picks UCONN.

Reaction Score
I cannot in any way even remotely imagine a player announce in a negative way to a team that may still be in hot pursuit of a national championship. If Uconn loses tonight then this would be insult to injury. I just don't think she would do that. Her timing convinces me that she will join the sleddogettes and will,just like two of this year's freshmen, be an all american in her freshman year. fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
I wonder if this has anything to do with the timing of it. Between this and the timing of it, tea leaves say Duke but I wouldn't be at all surprised if she picks UCONN.

I never felt like Kara would leave for Tennessee. Regardless of if they got Sarah or not, Kara has recruited some top players to Duke and has a lot of great returning players. I think to her quote about how “if you build it right, you’ll only have to build it once.” So I feel like Sarah announcing she was committing didn’t have anything to do with it.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I never felt like Kara would leave for Tennessee. Regardless of if they got Sarah or not, Kara has recruited some top players to Duke and has a lot of great returning players. I think to her quote about how “if you build it right, you’ll only have to build it once.” So I feel like Sarah announcing she was committing didn’t have anything to do with it.

Why would Lawson leave? She's gonna have a frontcourt with Strong, Fournier, and Roberson.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I agree--I was actually thinking the reverse situation--that Sarah wanted confirmation that Kara was staying put in Durham before committing.

Reaction Score
If she is advanced in her academics I would choose Duke. It is close to home, the program is close to being really good, and the Degree from Duke is valuable. If she just wants to hone her skills for the next level I would choose South Carolina or UConn and South Carolina is rumored to be out of the mix. North Carolina would be the surprise. They aren't elite in basketball, and they are not elite in education so that one would be "I want to play close to dad".
Actually, UNC is elite in education. Rated higher than UConn I believe.

Reaction Score
Hmmmm interesting little piece I found on twitter. Sarah followed a child actor very recently, that seems to resemble a young Sarah a bit. The little girl posted on Instagram last night a photo of her wearing a UCONN huskies jersey and holding a basketball while a photographer is taking a picture of her. The caption is “stay tuned.” Wondering if there is some connection to this and the way she announces her commitment maybe in a photo or video montage. Maybe it’s nothing, maybe it’s something. The girls name is Juanita if you look through Sarah’s following to find it.

Reaction Score
Now the timing makes sense : Lawson is not going to Tennessee… Sarah is coming to Duke… Losing Strong doesn’t bother me as much as when we lost Boston! We need a talented big in the middle , not another wing..

Reaction Score
In years past, if Geno knew of good news on the recruiting front, he would make a non-specific, cryptic reference to it during one of his pressers. Having heard no such comments, I am inclined to think SS is going elsewhere.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I cannot in any way even remotely imagine a player announce in a negative way to a team that may still be in hot pursuit of a national championship. If Uconn loses tonight then this would be insult to injury. I just don't think she would do that. Her timing convinces me that she will join the sleddogettes and will,just like two of this year's freshmen, be an all american in her freshman year. fingers crossed.
I fully agree with your opinion of what would be appropriate under the circumstances.

I am also old enough to remember a number one recruit - pursued by UConn - who went down to the Virgin Islands, where she was from, at the same time UConn was playing, announced from there she was going to a rival school, and then watched UConn play from behind our bench.

Fair to assume that ESPN pushed this “event” big time, and all they care about is getting people to watch. The E does not stand for “etiquette”.

As far as what she decides, I suspect Duke but I haven’t thrown in the towel.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Once Sarah declares, I expect Emely Rodriguez and possibly Kaitlin Chen will make their choices known. Imari Berry, a 5-10 G and former(?) UConn recruit, is also undeclared. Lots of dominoes to fall

On edit - Did Berry sign with Clemson? I thought she reneged on her oral commitment

Reaction Score
Once Sarah declares, I expect Emely Rodriguez and possibly Kaitlin Chen will make their choices known. Imari Berry, a 5-10 G and former(?) UConn recruit, is also undeclared. Lots of dominoes to fall

On edit - Did Berry sign with Clemson? I thought she reneged on her oral commitment

She probably signed and was granted a release from her LOI. She’s down to Kentucky, Louisville and UNC now.

Reaction Score
A lot of members are saying finally. But what are we going to discuss on the Boneyard when the decision is finally made? It could be a long hot summer. Maybe Sarah should delay the announcement.

Reaction Score
If she chooses UConn - great. If not -- meh. Sarah doesn't stand between us and an outstanding team next year. If she was 6'6" and really talented I'd care a whole lot more.
You obviously haven’t see her play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01