OT: - Sarah Strong and FIBA U 18 Women's Americup 2024 games start Monday | The Boneyard

OT: Sarah Strong and FIBA U 18 Women's Americup 2024 games start Monday

Reaction Score
The USA U18 Girls Basketball Team will defend its "Americup" title in Bacaramanga,
Santander, Columbia starting this Monday, June 17th. Sarah Strong is playing on
the USA team (for those that did not know this). The USA is in Group B and will play
Brazil on Monday at 16:10 local time (4:10 in Columbia, one hour later in the Eastern
Time zone, 5:10 PM). On Tuesday the USA will play the Dominican Republic at 5:10 pm.
On Wednesday the USA will play Mexico at 1:10 pm. Thursdays is a "rest" day and
on Friday will be the Quarterfinals (TBA), Saturday the Semi-finals (TBA), and Sunday
the Finals at, I believe, 10 pm. I will be following the games streaming on the FIBA link:
FIBA U18 Women's Americup 2024. Click on the link for "GAMES" and the schedule
and times will appear for ALL the games. New York City (ETS) is currently four hours
behind Greenwich Mean Time and Baracamanga is five hours behind (i.e. " earlier)
So, our USA time zone corrected "tip off", by my reconning, is one hour "later" than
the local tip off times listed on the FIBA webpage. ENJOY. GO HUSKY! GO SARAH! Z

Reaction Score
The USA U18 Girls Basketball Team will defend its "Americup" title in Bacaramanga,
the USA team (for those that did not know this). The USA is in Group B and will play
Brazil on Monday at 16:10 local time (4:10 in Columbia, one hour later in the Eastern
Time zone, 5:10 PM). On Tuesday the USA will play the Dominican Republic at 5:10 pm.
on Friday will be the Quarterfinals (TBA), Saturday the Semi-finals (TBA), and Sunday
the Finals at, I believe, 10 pm. I will be following the games streaming on the FIBA link:
and times will appear for ALL the games. New York City (ETS) is currently four hours
behind Greenwich Mean Time and Baracamanga is five hours behind (i.e. " earlier)
So, our USA time zone corrected "tip off", by my reconning, is one hour "later" than
the local tip off times listed on the FIBA webpage. ENJOY. GO HUSKY! GO SARAH! Z
That’s a lot of games in a short amount of time but knowing team USA they’ll do 4-5 minute orations with no playing playing more than 20 minutes max!

Shea Ralph is also the coach of the for those interested!

Reaction Score
The age restricted tournaments are a good basketball fix during the long off-season. I think it is also a very good opportunity to see how high level recruits perform when surrounded by similar size and skill. Other than Sarah it also gives us a chance to see how some of the other top team's recruits look. Looking forward to it, thanks for the info.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Is there any way some Boneyarder can provide game stats for the USA...especially for Sarah?

Reaction Score
Some additional information: Group A: COLUMBIA, ARGENTINA, CANADA, and DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
GROUP B: MEXICO, USA, BRAZIL, and PUERTO RICO
The USA U18 Roster:
Sienna Betts #2 6' 4" UCLA (2025)
JASMINE "JAZZY" DAVIDSON #3 6'1" Undeclared (2025) =Clackamas H.S. (OR)
Joyce Edwards # 3 6'2" South Carolina, (2024)
Madison Francis #23 6'2" Undeclared (2025) = Lancaster H.S (N.Y.)
Kayliyah Heckel #13 5' 9" USC California, (2024)
Zakiyah Johnson # 7 5 ' 11" Undeclared (2025 = Sacred Heart H.S (KY))
Jordan Lee # 9 6' 0" Texas, (2024)
Leah Macy # 14 6' 2" N.D. (2025)
Alivia McGill # 15 5' 8" Florida, (2024),
Adrianna Roberson # 17 6' 4" Duke (2024)
Kennedy Smith # 6 6' 1" USC, California, (2024)
Sarah Strong 6' 2", #1 UCONN (2024)
Head Coach: Teri Moren Assistant Coaches: Jose Fernandez and Ralph Shea

Reaction Score
Some additional information: Group A: COLUMBIA, ARGENTINA, CANADA, and DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
GROUP B: MEXICO, USA, BRAZIL, and PUERTO RICO
The USA U18 Roster:
Sienna Betts #2 6' 4" UCLA (2025)
JASMINE "JAZZY" DAVIDSON #3 6'1" Undeclared (2025) =Clackamas H.S. (OR)
Joyce Edwards # 3 6'2" South Carolina, (2024)
Madison Francis #23 6'2" Undeclared (2025) = Lancaster H.S (N.Y.)
Kayliyah Heckel #13 5' 9" USC California, (2024)
Zakiyah Johnson # 7 5 ' 11" Undeclared (2025 = Sacred Heart H.S (KY))
Jordan Lee # 9 6' 0" Texas, (2024)
Leah Macy # 14 6' 2" N.D. (2025)
Alivia McGill # 15 5' 8" Florida, (2024),
Adrianna Roberson # 17 6' 4" Duke (2024)
Kennedy Smith # 6 6' 1" USC, California, (2024)
Sarah Strong 6' 2", #1 UCONN (2024)
Head Coach: Teri Moren Assistant Coaches: Jose Fernandez and Ralph Shea

So I see that Teri Moren has two male assistants: Jose Fernandez and Ralph Shea ...:eek:
GUILTY , As Charged! The Boneyard has the best editors in the world! Maybe I should have
put in a comma? Ralph, Shea or as they say: " TOUCHE! " Sincerely, Zarathustra
Some additional information: Here are the FIBA WORLD RANKING, presented by NIKE (there is a link for this stuff!)
Note this is not ranking for this U18 women's team / tournament, but a world ranking of countries based on many
different factors. Because each of these U 18 teams are "new" for every tournament, there is
no history on which to base the tournament "new" teams... this could be seen as a ranking base on the
historical strength of teams in FIBA tournaments. The Nike World Ranking (which you can google if you desire, I
believe, has a link as to how they determine the rankings.
USA # 1 Canada # 3 Puerto Rico # 22 Columbia #27 Brazil # 29
Argentina # 30 Mexico # 34 Dominican Republic # 54
So, I expect Canada and the USA to meet up again.... in the FINALS!! Z

Reaction Score
That’s a lot of games in a short amount of time but knowing team USA they’ll do 4-5 minute orations with no playing playing more than 20 minutes max!

Pretty sure Shea only worked with the team as an on-court coach during the trials, along with the coach from Cal. Teri Moren, Jose Fernandez and Niele Ivey will do the coaching at the tournament. Shea seemed happy to be involved with the national team, and I wouldn't be surprised to see her more involved in the future.

Reaction Score

I really don't like the 3 games in 3 days thing....but like you said I really hope they keep players minutes restricted. Hope Sarah and everyone else on the team comes out of the event healthy!

Reaction Score
Amer
Live in 113 mins

Reaction Score
Apparently the USA vs Brazil game is at 4:10 EST in ONE HOUR FROM NOW!
My error, I believe, was that there is no Daylight Savings time???... Fall Back Spring
forward in Columbia. ??? Please check in EARLY for any game you wish to see to
confirm the exact starting time. For those interested, Argentina will be playing
# 3 Canada this evening. My guess now it will be at 6:40 pm (if I'm still
miscalculating it would then be at 7:40 PM). Canada's better players are
Jasmine Bascoe from their U 19 team ( must be good to play UP to that
older level?) and Patricia Augustin , the MVP in one previous FIBA U 17 tournament.
Also: Marie Grace Tolle and Chante Murray.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Starting lineup plays smothering defense with Lee, Heckel, and Davidson on the perimeter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom