Sarah at Grace Christian HS | The Boneyard

Sarah at Grace Christian HS

Reaction Score
I finally got to see one of Sarah’s regular season games on YouTube. Not one of the games against special academies or AAU highlights, or all star games. This one is from February and though it’s not really competitive, it is revealing. All the skills everyone has been talking about are in evidence. The rebounding, the quick passing, the shooting. And the one handed tip passes seem to be a favorite of hers.

Also after every defensive rebound she immediately looks to make a length of the court pass. Her head is always up and her hands are very strong so these are typically one handed flips. Sometimes it almost seems like it’s a way for her to conserve energy, since she doesn’t have to run the entire floor. For part of the game, she’s effectively the PG since her passes initiate most plays.

Watching this game, I can really picture how having Paige and Sarah together on the court will be a little like the Gabby-Katie Lou-Phee teams where it was a track meet for opposing teams. That much quick passing and perimeter shooting will be exciting. It does also suggest that Jana will have to run the floor hard to keep up with the ball if she wants minutes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I finally got to see one of Sarah’s regular season games on YouTube. Not one of the games against special academies or AAU highlights, or all star games. This one is from February and though it’s not really competitive, it is revealing. All the skills everyone has been talking about are in evidence. The rebounding, the quick passing, the shooting. And the one handed tip passes seem to be a favorite of hers.

Also after every defensive rebound she immediately looks to make a length of the court pass. Her head is always up and her hands are very strong so these are typically one handed flips. Sometimes it almost seems like it’s a way for her to conserve energy, since she doesn’t have to run the entire floor. For part of the game, she’s effectively the PG since her passes initiate most plays.

Watching this game, I can really picture how having Paige and Sarah together on the court will be a little like the Gabby-Katie Lou-Phee teams where it was a track meet for opposing teams. That much quick passing and perimeter shooting will be exciting. It does also suggest that Jana will have to run the floor hard to keep up with the ball if she wants minutes.

To me what stands out the most is her poise. I really doubt she's going to get rattled in college basketball. I believe Sarah's freshman campaign is going to remind us a lot of Maya's freshman year. That poise Maya played with her freshman year made her look like she was a 4 year veteran. And although the speed of the college game is something most, if not all, freshman struggle with at first, just think about who is going to be on the floor with her. I don't thinknit will affect her as much as it will to some. Sarah is going to be a nightmare for defenders on the perimeter and on the glass. If healthy, this team is going to be lethal, and Uconn is going to have the blessing of of substituting multiple players to minize any chance of injuries. I can't wait for next fall.

Reaction Score
She will cause matchup problems for other teams with her ability to shoot the three if they put a big on her and inside if they put a guard on her. She already is a fantastic passer and will fit in our offense like a glove. Can't wait to watch Geno stir the soup and come up with a recipe for the many nation championships in the coming years. Wowooozer!!!!!!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Sarah’s team vs Kelis’s team highlights. Also playing for IMG are recruits Lara Somfai and Deniyah Prawl

Reaction Score
Sarah’s team vs Kelis’s team highlights. Also playing for IMG are recruits Lara Somfai and Deniyah Prawl

Can’t wait to see how well Geno shapes her to be even better. I know she was dealing with an injury in this game so it’s a little more understandable, but I wonder how quick she is on the defensive end. Because we know everything about her offense is amazing. So I’m excited to see her either do well like she always does on defense, or see how Geno has molded her into a defensive beast.

Reaction Score
Can’t wait to see how well Geno shapes her to be even better. I know she was dealing with an injury in this game so it’s a little more understandable, but I wonder how quick she is on the defensive end. Because we know everything about her offense is amazing. So I’m excited to see her either do well like she always does on defense, or see how Geno has molded her into a defensive beast.
In the first video in this thread, she often plays a high hedge on defense as part of their press. At other times she plays post defense.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Somfai didn't play in this tourney. She was in street clothes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom