Sanogo- Whoa! | The Boneyard

Sanogo- Whoa!

Reaction Score
My favorite play of his didn't result in a basket. They were doubling all our guards way out beyond the 3-point line. He noticed a huge gap and put it on the floor 2 or 3 times and drove all the way to the hoop. He missed but not a lot of guys his size can do that.

Reaction Score
He was great today and a one of his better defensive games as well. This off-season I want him to learn to go for the jugular. With his moves, he gets guys off their feet so often but normally pivots away. If he learns to initiate the contact in that situation and finish, he’s going to be brutal for other teams to handle down low.

Reaction Score
Actually thought he did a great job with the hard hedge today. We all know Whaley’s the best at it, with Carlton and Adama often overextending or too slow, leading to open layups or driving lanes. Today, didn’t really see any of that when he hedged. A lot quicker back into position and a lot more in control.

Reaction Score
My favorite play of his didn't result in a basket. They were doubling all our guards way out beyond the 3-point line. He noticed a huge gaps and put it on the floor 2 or 3 times and drove all the way to the hoop. He missed but not a lot of guys his size can do that.
I was blown away by his driving ability. Did not know he had that in him. He was fast, strong and coordinated. He showed me flashes of Julius Randle. If he can do that consistently at his size in college watch out!!! He will be an AA and could play himself right into being an early entry lottery pick. I was impressed by him before but tonight the skills he showed for a big man were jaw dropping.

Reaction Score
I also appreciate the way he plays the game. Doesn't cry or pout. Doesn't complain or try to show anyone up. He competes his butt off. And when things don't go his way, he ignores it and moves on. He represents everything that is the best and UConn is lucky to have him.

Reaction Score
I love him and Whaley on the floor together. They wear guys down.

As someone said before, he hedge well tonight and got back to his man with purpose. If he develops a consistent jumper he has confidence in, look out.

Reaction Score
He was great today and a one of his better defensive games as well. This off-season I want him to learn to go for the jugular. With his moves, he gets guys off their feet so often but normally pivots away. If he learns to initiate the contact in that situation and finish, he’s going to be brutal for other teams to handle down low.
It will come. We are set for the next couple years. Don't remember the direct quote but at the start of the year Hurley said something to the effect of we'll win championships with that kid when asked about Sanogo.

Reaction Score
Sanogo, Cole, Martin, and Jackson next season is SCARY. Add in the newcomers? This is not momentary momentum!
Add Akok to that lineup, plus Gaffney and the 3 freshmen off the bench. Very talented team 1-9.

Reaction Score
Yes. In a couple of years he'll be adjusting to NBA life. Next year is his last year at UConn.
ehhhhhh. maybe after his junior year unless he makes a huge statistical jump and averages 15-10. i think he can do that but his game doesnt really translate to the league anymore. he's a ground bound mound of rebound. doesnt have the length or jumpability to be a nba shot blocker and he doesnt appear to have 3 point range. needs to do one or the other. i can't come up with a current player comparison for him. he's definitely playing pro ball somewhere just maybe not the nba (and hopefully not until after his junior year).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes. In a couple of years he'll be adjusting to NBA life. Next year is his last year at UConn.
A week ago, heck yesterday id have said i highly doubt that but with what he showed today it is certainly possible and if he takes a big leap next year its a definite.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom