Sanogo- Whoa! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sanogo- Whoa!

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Add Akok to that lineup, plus Gaffney and the 3 freshmen off the bench. Very talented team 1-9.
I was thinking the same thing; besides their talent they will teach the new guys attitude. Husky attitude and will to win.

Reaction Score
The biggest difference between this and other games is that he stayed out of foul trouble. He picked up his 1st foul very early. Everytime he would contest the dribble on a switch I was expecting him to pick up the 2nd foul and then head to the bench. The fact that the officials let them play was a huge benefit to Sanogo. A major difference between SH game 1 and SH game 2 was the fouls

Reaction Score
KFree making a huge difference on our interior D and rebounding. AS is just getting started in his evolution as a player.

Would be unstoppable if he could get some lift in those legs. Coach Mike??

Last edited:

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Birthday boy KFree?
He had pretty good moves in HS but KF was and is "the warrior." No doubt he's learned all kinds of things from KF.
The kid has such a great attitude as others have commented and having KF as a mentor is just about the best thing thing that could happen for him and us.

Reaction Score
It will come. We are set for the next couple years. Don't remember the direct quote but at the start of the year Hurley said something to the effect of we'll win championships with that kid when asked about Sanogo.
Yeah, I have absolutely no doubts about that. The couple of times today where he put the ball on the floor and took it hard to the hoop tell me that assertiveness is real close to busting out in a big way. He feels like that guy that other BE teams will just hate to play because of his ability to cause foul issues in the opposing front court every game. Will be really nice to have one of those guys playing for the good guys again.

I also just can't help but feel that Seton Hall fans watching Sanogo must feel like we did watching Kofi last year.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I call bs. With everyone wearing masks how could you possibly know it was...oh wait ?
I was sitting up in the lounge on top, you could pretty much see them anywhere in the store.
Jacksons hair makes it a little easier too.
I was saying to my friend with me, they must love being able to wear a mask because they can keep their anonymity a bit more. But not to the die hard fans ;)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's been a long time (too long) since our front court was as much, if not more, the reason for the w on the offensive end.

Reaction Score
Sanogo is such an interesting player. He's shown so much improvement and skill in just his first year. And yet for everyone saying he's a future lotto pick... I don't know about that. Not doubting his ability or skill, but I wonder if teams think he is quick enough to defend the 4, or big and long enough to defend the 5. He's not huge nor is he an athletic freak. And unless he's a surefire lottery pick, he may be best staying at UConn for 3 or 4 years.

All that is to say he has a chance to go down as one of the all-time greats here in Storrs, which is incredibly fun to think about.
Clint Capela is 6`10 240 and not the quickest guy in the world and had some of the same questions when he was drafted. It took him until his 3rd year to adjust to the league and now he leads the league in rebounding and has developed into one of the best shot blockers in the league. I can totally see Sanogo who will likely go higher in the draft become a similar player and i absolutely wasnt saying that before this last game. Guys do get better and hes nowhere near his ceiling and the flashes he showed against SH were that of a guy who is going to contribute in the NBA.

Reaction Score
He and Bouk looked like a mini Booker-Ayton combo

Physically, dude is already Clint Capella

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
KFree making a huge difference on our interior D and rebounding. AS is just getting started in his evolution as a player.
A strong big man coach is a must. KFree has already made forget whats his name.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom