Sanogo tonight | The Boneyard

Sanogo tonight

Reaction Score
From his page on the G League website:

Adama Sanogo (born Feb. 12, 2002) is a guard for the Windy City Bulls on a Two-Way Contract with the Chicago Bulls. He played collegiately at UConn and is a native of Mali.

Wut?

Reaction Score
Yeah I pointed that out before. Can't believe they haven't fixed that. If he was a 6-9 240 pound guard, with handles, and could shoot he'd be in the NBA and not the G League. Lol

It makes all the sense in the world now how Hurley kept him on top of the key to help facilitate ball movement. He's freakin Magic Johnson!

Reaction Score
I actually watched a G League game during the holidays when college hoops wasn’t on much. It was dreadful basketball honestly just throw it up anytime anywhere. If you can get the ball from anyone handling the ball you’re lucky. Can’t be easy for Adama that’s for sure.

Reaction Score
I actually watched a G League game during the holidays when college hoops wasn’t on much. It was dreadful basketball honestly just throw it up anytime anywhere. If you can get the ball from anyone handling the ball you’re lucky. Can’t be easy for Adama that’s for sure.
Easy enough, I guess, as he finished with game highs in points (27) and rebounds (15) in 29 minutes as the Bulls beat a pretty good Maine Celtics team 101-96.

Reaction Score
Even the G League highlights are usually like 2 terrible plays that lead to a good shot, or putback. Ive seen a couple games, and it's truly awful stuff.

Reaction Score
Easy enough, I guess, as he finished with game highs in points (27) and rebounds (15) in 29 minutes as the Bulls beat a pretty good Maine Celtics team 101-96.

Then he’s one of the lucky ones because the basketball there is predicated on the guards and wings who are trying to get to the league. Good for him!!

Reaction Score
Then he’s one of the lucky ones because the basketball there is predicated on the guards and wings who are trying to get to the league. Good for him!!
You're not wrong, but Sanogo has really good counting stats despite this. I figure he's doing most of his damage off of offensive rebounds. The shooting is so awful that he can make a killing on second chance points if he goes to the o glass, which it seems he is doing.
Averaging 23.5 points & 11.6 reb so far this season.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I guess a good performance in the G League might help him get a call-up but those stats portend absolutely nothing as far as his performance in the NBA.

Reaction Score
I guess a good performance in the G League might help him get a call-up but those stats portend absolutely nothing as far as his performance in the NBA.
No argument from me, but the one game he got real minutes with the bulls, i believe he had something like 8 points and 7 rebounds in 8 minutes.
That's not to say he'd do that often, but it was his only real NBA minutes and he did well.
As for what they want him doing in the g league, and how well he's doing it... i have no idea. The announcers for the bulls g league team love him and wont stop talking about he's gonna get a real shot in the league at some point. Nice to hear anyways.

Edit: Here it is. 9 min, 8 points, 6 reb

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
No argument from me, but the one game he got real minutes with the bulls, i believe he had something like 8 points and 7 rebounds in 8 minutes.
That's not to say he'd do that often, but it was his only real NBA minutes and he did well.
As for what they want him doing in the g league, and how well he's doing it... i have no idea. The announcers for the bulls g league team love him and wont stop talking about he's gonna get a real shot in the league at some point. Nice to hear anyways.

Seems to me he has a high floor. It's really all about how hard he works and learns the schemes. His feel and touch are good and he's shown a real knack for improvement so hopefully that continues even against better competition.

Reaction Score
Better than bad performances. Doing what he has to do.

Reaction Score
Seems to me he has a high floor. It's really all about how hard he works and learns the schemes. His feel and touch are good and he's shown a real knack for improvement so hopefully that continues even against better competition.
Agreed again.
Every team plays about 9-11 guys during the regular season, and that trims to about 8 during the playoffs.
There's 5 spots on the bench that are up for the taking. A couple will be given to good bench veterans, but others will be used for developmental guys, especially useful on a hopeless team like chicago.
Hopefully they sell at the deadline and decide to throw in the towel on this season, as they should. Adama could get a real opportunity to show what he can do in that scenario.

Reaction Score
Hope he gets in. He’s supposedly surprising a lot of the coaches /staff with his offensive game /footwork and ability to be in the right spot at the right time. Really hope they give him a chance. He’s a good player and deserves it over some of these other clowns that make a living in the nba

Reaction Score
Sanogo has done everything right at every level. Final Four MOP. G league superstar as a rookie. About 10 combined NBA minutes and scored 8 points with 6 rebounds.

There’s a trend. Dude works hard and the results show on the court. He’s making half a mil on his 2 way right now. If the Bulls blow up their roster (seeming likely), maybe he gets the chance. But he’ll definitely get a chance somewhere, eventually. Works too hard and produces too much not to

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow if they played him a full 40 minutes he'd score 36 points with 27 rebounds per game.

Amazon GIF by NFL On Prime Video

Reaction Score
Sanogo has done everything right at every level. Final Four MOP. G league superstar as a rookie. About 10 combined NBA minutes and scored 8 points with 6 rebounds.

There’s a trend. Dude works hard and the results show on the court. He’s making half a mil on his 2 way right now. If the Bulls blow up their roster (seeming likely), maybe he gets the chance. But he’ll definitely get a chance somewhere, eventually. Works too hard and produces too much not to
He's kind of taking a Gary Trent Jr. approach. Humble guy, worked incredibly hard at every level, college star, only to be not drafted/drafted in the second round. Obviously they play different positions but both undersized for their NBA positions, immediately sent to the G League, and I could see Sanogo following a similar career arc where he carves out an important niche role on a team by just continuing to work his ass off every day and win wherever he goes

Reaction Score
Come on, stats aren't everything but they sure aren't nothing. Couldn't sort the G-League stats easily but looks like for players in top 50 of scoring only one with over 60% shooting and has 6 offensive rebounds per game and didn't see anyone else over 3. Got to be getting some GM's thinking.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom