Sanogo putting up big numbers | The Boneyard

Sanogo putting up big numbers

Reaction Score
I always thought he would at least take Drummond's spot after the all star break. Maybe he will get some run even earlier if the Bulls don't turn it around.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
10 years from now we will look back with disbelief at an era of basketball where height was passed over so teams could have more marginal guards crowd each other on the perimeter chucking 3 attempts.

Reaction Score
On a related note, how many chances does Billy Donovan get?

Outside of his first year with OKC, he's been very underwhelming as an NBA coach but you hardly ever hear about him being on the hot seat.

Reaction Score

Outside of his first year with OKC, he's been very underwhelming as an NBA coach but you hardly ever hear about him being on the hot seat.
I am stunned he hasn't come back to college basketball at some point.

Reaction Score
Bulls are pseudo tanking. They dont want someone productive like Sonogo. Better have hime playing every minute in the G league. Once they trade Levine they can bring him up to the league.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I am stunned he hasn't come back to college basketball at some point.
He’s a college coaching legend, doesn’t need any money, and recruiting is more of a grind than ever before. If anything I’d expect more and more coaches to prefer the NBA or retire early like Jay Wright.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score

I like Donovan but his record speaks for itself. As a long time Bulls fan I will say that for the month or so when Lonzo Ball was healthy they were dynamic. Once Ball got hurt it went back to the same old. Also, I don't know if Donovan has any draft input but Patrick Williams at #4 pick 2020 - bust, no first round pick in 2021, Dalen Terry #18 2022 - bust, 2023 draft day trade for Julian Phillips so far a bust. Management hasn't done Billy any favors.

Reaction Score
I like Donovan but his record speaks for itself. As a long time Bulls fan I will say that for the month or so when Lonzo Ball was healthy they were dynamic. Once Ball got hurt it went back to the same old. Also, I don't know if Donovan has any draft input but Patrick Williams at #4 pick 2020 - bust, no first round pick in 2021, Dalen Terry #18 2022 - bust, 2023 draft day trade for Julian Phillips so far a bust. Management hasn't done Billy any favors.
There was a lot of hype for Arturas Karnisovas but the team he's put together is really bad and his draft picks have been atrocious.

Reaction Score
10 years from now we will look back with disbelief at an era of basketball where height was passed over so teams could have more marginal guards crowd each other on the perimeter chucking 3 attempts.
Are you aware that there are currently two rookies in the NBA over 7' with 8'+ wingspans chucking 3's? The three-happy era isn't ending unless they change the distance.
Height isn't passed over, the problem is there are plenty of 6'7"+ guys that are super athletic and can shoot and defend all over the floor. At 'just' 6'9" Sanogo is closer to wing size than he is to the successful interior centers like Jokic, Embid or even Valanciuinus.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Are you aware that there are currently two rookies in the NBA over 7' with 8'+ wingspans chucking 3's? The three-happy era isn't ending unless they change the distance.
Height isn't passed over, the problem is there are plenty of 6'7"+ guys that are super athletic and can shoot and defend all over the floor. At 'just' 6'9" Sanogo is closer to wing size than he is to the successful interior centers like Jokic, Embid or even Valanciuinus.
He's aware, he just knows more than all the NBA GMs and coaches. Probably all the college coaches, too

Reaction Score
Wemby but who is the other one? If you're talking about Chet he may be 7'0 or just a hair under, his wingspan is said to be 7'6.

Reaction Score
Wemby but who is the other one? If you're talking about Chet he may be 7'0 or just a hair under, his wingspan is said to be 7'6.
He definitely looks over 7 foot. He looked to have at least an inch on David Robinson on draft night.

Reaction Score
Wes Unseld, a 6'7" Center, was looked at the same way, many years ago. He's in the HOF.

Love me some Adama but you aren't seriously comparing him to Wes Unseld. Unseld averaged 19 rebounds and 20 amazing outlet passes in college.

Also when Unseld retired, he could have moved to Mali, had a child and then that child's child could be Adama.

PS - I fudged a little on wingspan but point remains on 3 hoisting & both arguably better perimeter defenders than Adama, I was referencing Holmgren (7 to 7'1) & Wemby.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He definitely looks over 7 foot. He looked to have at least an inch on David Robinson on draft night.
Watch the actual video. Look at Chet's shoes and look at how Robinson is standing. Robinson's playing height of 7'1 was also probably a with shoes measurement or the typical 1.5 inch NBA boost, we also don't know his actual height now.

Reaction Score
Watch the actual video. Look at Chet's shoes and look at how Robinson is standing. Robinson's playing height of 7'1 was also probably a with shoes measurement or the typical 1.5 inch NBA boost, we also don't know his actual height now.

I mean, he looks taller. Chet is definitely over 7 foot playing.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

There are plenty of 6'7 guys that are athletic. You could have stopped there. What does a 5th 3 point shooter do if he is shooting in the low 30's? That player is not really a threat from deep, and is crowding the perimeter for better shooters. A 5th 3 point shooter is just another body on the outside that makes defensive rotations easier and takes shots away from better shooters.

You don't space the floor by swinging the ball around the perimeter to people who start 25 feet from the basket. You space the floor by going inside/out. But a drive to the basket is a lower percentage play than a post-up by an above average interior player. The post-up enables easier kick outs to good shooters for high percentage, facing the basket catch-and-shoot 3's. The analytics will catch up, and there will be interior play again, instead of these ridiculous 5 out offenses that a simple 2-3 zone can shut down.

The fact that the Celtics were able to get Porzingis, one of the best big men of his generation, for an undersized, aging headcase that couldn't shoot like Marcus Smart goes to show just how badly some teams misunderstand the data, and how a GM like Stevens can outsmart other executives, at least for a few years.

Reaction Score
I always thought he would at least take Drummond's spot after the all star break. Maybe he will get some run even earlier if the Bulls don't turn it around.
He’s a smaller version of Drummond, who is much more athletic. It’s hard to believe he takes his place barring a trade.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I've asked before and I'll ask again. Can Sanogo develop into a Paul Milsap type player?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom