Sanogo out | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Sanogo out

Reaction Score
Certainly not the first time any Coach has been second guessed around here. My point was meant to reinforce the growing impatience with Coach's short rotation. Now when it becomes a liability he appears to be setting up some kind of "I told you so" scenario where they get blamed for not instantly producing. It just rubs me the wrong way even if it wasn't his intention. I get that some people prefer everything to be positive but it's just an observation that what Coach says isn't going to "motivate" them to be ready. They're already motivated. Preparation makes you ready.
So what do you suggest Hurley does? Play a 13 man rotation so everyone is ready in case of injuries?

Reaction Score
“Next man up,” Hurley said. “We’ve got to keep going. Every team goes through these things through the course of the season. But, I’ve talked a lot about our depth. So, here we go. A lot of people weren’t happy with their role, wanted more minutes. Well, here you go. Go produce.”
For the Grambling game what intrigues me here is Richie Springs. Would really like him to come in and spell IW. Have Polley and or Johnson come in for Akok most likely Polly but want Johnson to get minutes. Obviously Hawk for AJ and Gaff for RJ. I know alot of posters want Diggins but I don't think he will get much time in tomorrow's game. I think he would have if we were healthy and had pretty sizable lead.

Reaction Score
this will benefit us in the long run, time to start laying the foundation for 2023.

cole---digg
hawk--gaff
aj------polley
akok---samson
whaley-springs
Yeah I rather see Spings backup at Center than Samson due to his girth. I hope both get minutes upfront but rather play Samson at PF and even start him over Akok.

Reaction Score
February is the best case scenario? most likely March ? what? Stop
“A couple weeks, likely more” is what Hurley said. A couple weeks brings you into January. Likely more brings you into February. A two month reocovery from early December brings you to early Feb. Have you looked at a calendar lately? And I said by February. Late January aka 6 weeks from now is by February.

Reaction Score
This thread is very negative understandably but is it possible that after the game tonight it turns positive? With those 2 players out we will not be favored heavily against St. Bonaventure or certainly West Virginia so 1 win there would be a big deal. We need good performances and scoring now from Gaffney and Hawkins, both capable.

Reaction Score
“A couple weeks, likely more” is what Hurley said. A couple weeks brings you into January. Likely more brings you into February. A two month reocovery from early December brings you to early Feb. Have you looked at a calendar lately? And I said by February. Late January aka 6 weeks from now is by February.
If you watch this with Hurley talking about how long Sanogo will be out, it's obvious he has no idea at this point.

Reaction Score
I don't like this quote one bit. It's the Coach's job to get the players ready. If you never got them ready don't bother with the macho crap.
He wasn't talking to the players in the quote. He's paraphrasing and summarizing what he would say to them more in full. We know for a fact he's not Ollie and that his staff is very detailed. You're reading too far into a throwaway line to the media.

Reaction Score
One game to adjust but I just think we are going to see a faster team and more blocks from our defense. Just my feeling. We are a better team with Adama and rese no doubt, but they are likely both gone next year and this loosens the coaching up a little too. Better now than in 2 weeks. We could be really rolling. A win today probably gets us into the top 15 Monday without 2 starters. We should get some consideration for that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't like this quote one bit. It's the Coach's job to get the players ready. If you never got them ready don't bother with the macho crap.
How do you like that quote tonight? Any better?

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
“We’re still kind of getting a sense of what that is exactly,” coach Dan Hurley said prior to Friday’s practice. “Right now, it’s looking like a couple of weeks to possibly longer. Potentially longer than that, or longer than that. We just don’t really know the extent. A couple weeks, three weeks absolute minimum,” Hurley continued. “I don’t think you’ll probably see him for longer than that.”

That sounds like "longer than that" to me unfortunately, especially with the following quote:

Hurley said Sanogo has had an MRI that revealed what could be a tear, though it’s not decisive yet.

Hope he heals well and swiftly (ditto Tyrese!).

Reaction Score
“We’re still kind of getting a sense of what that is exactly,” coach Dan Hurley said prior to Friday’s practice. “Right now, it’s looking like a couple of weeks to possibly longer. Potentially longer than that, or longer than that. We just don’t really know the extent. A couple weeks, three weeks absolute minimum,” Hurley continued. “I don’t think you’ll probably see him for longer than that.”

That sounds like "longer than that" to me unfortunately, especially with the following quote:

Hurley said Sanogo has had an MRI that revealed what could be a tear, though it’s not decisive yet.

Sounds like a rehab & see if he can play through it, or bite the bullet & get surgery now vs in the off-season type injury. Would prefer personally to bite the bullet now. We’ll see tho

Reaction Score
Sounds like a rehab & see if he can play through it, or bite the bullet & get surgery now vs in the off-season type injury. Would prefer personally to bite the bullet now. We’ll see tho
If hypothetically that is the case, just get the procedure done and get him back in Feb or March. I have had a hernia type tear. It does not get better. It will bother you to some degree until it gets fixed. The caveat, I am not a world class athlete with a top training staff. With that said, if it is going to nag him, pull the band-aid off now.

Reaction Score

Yeah, you can watch him say this in a post about 6 above yours and it's pretty clear he has no idea how long Sanogo will be out. I don't know why he even said what he did.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
If you watch this with Hurley talking about how long Sanogo will be out, it's obvious he has no idea at this point.

"A lttle bit more clarity" LOL. He could have a good future in politics with that kind of spin.

Reaction Score
At the risk of sounding like the Pollyannas I so often mock, I am pretty confident at our chances in the next two games even without Martin and Sanogo. I don't why; just a gut feeling. Anyone besides the aforementioned Pollyannas have the same feeling?

Reaction Score
At the risk of sounding like the Pollyannas I so often mock, I am pretty confident at our chances in the next two games even without Martin and Sanogo. I don't why; just a gut feeling. Anyone besides the aforementioned Pollyannas have the same feeling?
Well West Virginia isn't all that good and Bonnies are missing their best player, so that helps. I wouldn't be surprised if we split the two and there's certainly a world where we win both. If WVU was a home game I think we'd still be favored in both.

Reaction Score
Well West Virginia isn't all that good and Bonnies are missing their best player, so that helps. I wouldn't be surprised if we split the two and there's certainly a world where we win both. If WVU was a home game I think we'd still be favored in both.
I've watched a couple games of WVU on youtube, and I think we're better without rese and Adama

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom