Sanogo on the Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Center of the Year award watchlist | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sanogo on the Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Center of the Year award watchlist

Reaction Score
weird? hardly.

oh look! since my earlier jibberjabber here, they've announced that ol chetster is on the beastly forward list. i guess that they decided to label him as a '4.' still wrong but ok. nice to see the luv.
that was fast.

I'll give you one more post before I block you.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He may end up having a more long-term impact on the program than Bouk imo
How so? I’m not disagreeing, but I’m just trying to figure out what you meant. Your comment could just mean in terms of program success during his tenure, or it could be a reference to our future ability to recruit big men etc.

FWIW, Bouknight’s impact far outweighed his impact to the seasons he played, in my opinion. It took away the argument that although Connecticut had a rich NBA history, Hurley, did not. James was a great example of the exposure that a top player can get at Connecticut. In a way, he helped make Connecticut cool again.

Reaction Score
He's not going to win it but great step and recognition for him. Hopefully uses it as motivation to try and win it next year although with Donovan coming in may get looked at as a 4 next year and go for malone instead.

Reaction Score
So you're trying to compare any of these guys to the greatest, and if not the greatest then top 2 or 3, center in the history of basketball? Name me 1 center who has come out of college in the last 20 years who you would compare to Jabbar? You can be unimpressed with the centers on the list but don't use that statement to try to prove it. That is all.
Emeka
Thabeet wins, by an inch

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You heard it here. Connecticut is cool again. Even my 9 yo granddaughter laughed and said “that’s pretty lame”.

Congrats Adama. They are making you the leading candidate for next season if you remain a 5.

Reaction Score
that's it?!?! that's the list for 'best in the land at center????'
count me as highly unimpressed, tho i fully expect the tv to tell me, ad nauseum and during tourney times, how 'can't miss' their futures are.
yikes.
Zags higher on the group than you are. Not that I put any credence in his opinion.

Last edited:

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Kessler is very overrated imho (and yes I realize he has a ton of blocks this year). The rest of the group is very very strong in terms of college centers. It says a lot about how good sanogo is and he absolutely deserves to be in this group. He is that much of a challenge for opposing teams. Prob not as much as with Tshiebwe and Cockburn yet, but I guarantee our NCAAT matchups are going to lose a lot of sleep trying to figure out how to stop him.

Reaction Score
Amazing accomplishment for the kid. His rate of improvement is remarkable. I can't wait to see what he looks like next year. Hilarious to juxtapose this honor with some of the posts on this board as recently as two weeks ago.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Zags higher on the group than you are. Not that I put any credence in his opinion.

'Zags higher on the group than you are.'

u've confoosed me with some one who cares bout dat.
i don't recall zagnuts joining me in being apoplectic aboot mr mobley's obvious wonderfulness, way back when. no brainer comes to mind.
let's check in on evan, shall we?
thus far, looking like numero uno for best new guy in the league.
cookies!

and now, back to chet. it's really just all about him until he goes, isn't it?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom