Sanogo on the Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Center of the Year award watchlist | The Boneyard

Sanogo on the Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Center of the Year award watchlist

Reaction Score
I thought the young kid was the center for Gonzaga.

Reaction Score
Per Borges, Sanogo wasn't on the Pre-season Center of the Year watchlist of 20 players. Makes sense I guess, but pretty wild to see how far Adama has come this year. And we all know that he can get better too.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

In great company here. Gonna be a tough award to win this year.

that's it?!?! that's the list for 'best in the land at center????'
count me as highly unimpressed, tho i fully expect the tv to tell me, ad nauseum and during tourney times, how 'can't miss' their futures are.
yikes.
and no chet? i guess becuz they can't figger out if he's a center, forward, or guard. if he was on my team, he'd sure be the center of the offense, whatever label they hung on him.
timme is gillespie smart, oscar is constantly beastin, and walker has draft spurtability. that's all i got.
let's go adama!

Reaction Score
count me as highly unimpressed, tho i fully expect the tv to tell me, ad nauseum and during tourney times, how 'can't miss' their futures are.
yikes.
and no chet? i guess becuz they can't figger out if he's a center, forward, or guard. if he was on my team, he'd sure be the center of the offense, whatever label they hung on him.
timme is gillespie smart, oscar is constantly beastin, and walker has draft spurtability. that's all i got.
let's go adama!
Not sure if you’re joking but of the 4 other Finalists for this award, 3 are sure-fire All-Americans and the 4th is gonna win National DPOY.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
yikes.
let's go adama!
hey! i thought this before i saw the final five! getting 4 out of 5 correct should get me some kind of prize here!
fork it over. 20s and fiddys are always nice.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Not sure if you’re joking but of the 4 other Finalists for this award, 3 are sure-fire All-Americans and the 4th is gonna win National DPOY.
not joking, and not impressed. it's called the Kareem prize - u see any kareems, or potential kareems in this group?
i don't.
let's go adama! this deal is like cherry pie sitting on an open window.
snatch it!
and earlier today, i noted that 'im not so sure that adama will be coming back....'
since then, well, Exhibit A 'center of the year watchlist.'
imagine that!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
could you make the argument that sanogo is the best two-way player on that list? obviously kessler is leading the nation in blocks and tshiebwe is a beast on the boards, but sanogo can holds in both of those categories despite making his hay mostly on the offensive side of the ball.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He may end up having a more long-term impact on the program than Bouk imo
I think he already has in terms of everything he has contributed to the success of the team; especially his work ethic. Looking forward to his contribution in the Big East Tournament and Big Dance.

Reaction Score
not joking, and not impressed. it's called the Kareem prize - u see any kareems, or potential kareems in this group?
i don't.
That's just a weird statement to try to prove your point. On so many levels.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
That's just a weird statement to try to prove your point. On so many levels.
weird? hardly.

oh look! since my earlier jibberjabber here, they've announced that ol chetster is on the beastly forward list. i guess that they decided to label him as a '4.' still wrong but ok. nice to see the luv.
that was fast.

Reaction Score
weird? hardly.

oh look! since my earlier jibberjabber here, they've announced that ol chetster is on the beastly forward list. i guess that they decided to label him as a '4.' still wrong but ok. nice to see the luv.
that was fast.
So you're trying to compare any of these guys to the greatest, and if not the greatest then top 2 or 3, center in the history of basketball? Name me 1 center who has come out of college in the last 20 years who you would compare to Jabbar? You can be unimpressed with the centers on the list but don't use that statement to try to prove it. That is all.

Last edited:

pierogiscri

the food guy
Reaction Score
weird? hardly.

that was fast.
I wan't to smoke what this guy has please.

Reaction Score
I think he already has in terms of everything he has contributed to the success of the team; especially his work ethic. Looking forward to his contribution in the Big East Tournament and Big Dance.

If we win a couple games in the NCAAT I'll agree with you. Hard to compare at this point without both of them having finished their sophomore season. Bouk boosting our clout by getting drafted trumps Sanogo's contributions at this point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom