Sanogo First Team All BE | The Boneyard

Sanogo First Team All BE

Reaction Score
Another monster double-double tonight with 20 and 16. He was the major reason why we won. I believe he has to be First Team All BE by the end of the season. You’d be hard pressed to find 5 better players right now in the conference.

Reaction Score
He's incredible. Monster game tonight.

He destroyed Seton Hall in both games this year. I'm sure there's some extra motivation since they recruited him, but it's also nice that they seem to think he can be guarded one-on-one.

Reaction Score
Add Cole maybe to the first team and Martin 2nd team would be sweet.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Gillespie, Cole, Moore, Lewis, Sanogo
Anticipating the Scruggs, Bynum, Champagnie challenges to including RJ. The only one who has better numbers on paper is Champagnie but his team is on the bottom of the table.

Coles ATO and defense + carrying a top 3 team are what put him there for me.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Anticipating the Scruggs, Bynum, Champagnie challenges to including RJ. The only one who has better numbers on paper is Champagnie but his team is on the bottom of the table.

Coles ATO and defense + carrying a top 3 team are what put him there for me.
Champagnie is a first teamer I don’t think there will be any debate about that.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
He's incredible. Monster game tonight.

He destroyed Seton Hall in both games this year. I'm sure there's some extra motivation since they recruited him, but it's also nice that they seem to think he can be guarded one-on-one.
They triple teamed him under the basket a few times. They can get away with it because they know he's not passing it from under there. But I think two of the three times, they ended up fouling him.

Reaction Score
He had a 4 game stretch of single digits in the middle of the conference season. He played great tonight, so if he continues that, he'll probably make it. But it's close right now.

After game tonight, Sanogo into the KenPom BE POTY top 5 with Cole, Moore, Gillespie, and Lewis.

Team is probably coming from these options...
Gillespie
Moore
Lewis
Cole
Sanogo
Nunge
Champagne.
Bynum

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Would be cool if there were all star games where they actually played inter conference exhibition games with the lineups from their POTY winners. I know that's total fantasy but let me have it! Of course then I'd be left with the sour taste of rooting for Gillespie. Never mind that idea :D

Reaction Score
He had a 4 game stretch of single digits in the middle of the conference season. He played great tonight, so if he continues that, he'll probably make it. But it's close right now.

After game tonight, Sanogo into the KenPom BE POTY top 5 with Cole, Moore, Gillespie, and Lewis.

Team is probably coming from these options...
Gillespie
Moore
Lewis
Cole
Sanogo
Nunge
Champagne.
Bynum
Where’s preseason 1st teamer Nate Watson?… Oh that‘s right, all he’s done is expose his lack of potential by coming back this year and regressed from his (apparent) ceiling he displayed last season… trying to think of anyone else in the BE conference who’s damaged their future earnings potential more than him… probably could have played in a half decent league somewhere after last year when people might have believed he was capable of expanding his game - instead he came back, no expanded skill set and existing skillset appears to have gotten worse (despite getting relatively less defensive attention this year)… would be nice if Coach Cooley cut him a check to make up for the damage done to his future earnings as an apology for not giving the kid the advice he needed last year... Watson will have plenty of time to ponder this when he’s eating meat kebabs in Kazakhstan after his B League games next year… Real shame we never got to see Sanogo dominate him this year

Reaction Score
My only complaint with the team last night is the defender cross court who sags off his man and leaves his shooter wide open for a 3. Whaley and Sanogo are very good defenders and don't need help.

Tying it in with this topic, I don't think Sanogo gets enough credit for his defense yet, either. He's very good on both sides of the ball.

I also love that he is constantly talking with his teammates, and he listens to them as well.

Reaction Score
I think Sanogo is on the bubble and that'll be it for Huskies on the first team.

Reaction Score
Per KenPom (this changes almost daily):

1645139119065.png

Reaction Score
Wait I was told that RJ coming from a mid major would be in over his head in the BE let alone be All Conference.
Martin won't be a first teamer but if he continues to play like he has recently he'd have a case.

Reaction Score
I imagine that simply due to Providence's win loss total they will be rewarded with one first teamer

Reaction Score
I imagine that simply due to Providence's win loss total they will be rewarded with one first teamer
Yeah like neither Bynum or Watson have top 5 numbers, but it would surprise me if they didn't have a first teamer. It's possible they're both on 2nd team though.

Reaction Score
He has first team talent but guys like him and Freeman-Liberty, for example, are unfortunately on bottom half teams in the conference - which ultimately may hurt their chances of individual accolades. That being said, I could still see him on 1st or 2nd team.

Reaction Score
1st: gillespie/moore/champagnie/lewis/sanogo

2nd: cole/bynum/durham/nunge/watson

Reaction Score
ajackson is THE most important player on this team. he’s our ben Simmons who can shoot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom