Saniya Rivers has hit the portal!!! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Saniya Rivers has hit the portal!!!

Reaction Score
safe to say that she won't be having second thoughts? Would be nice to see her be back with her teammates but prob just a last farewell night.
That small possibility has crossed my mind though it seems very, very unlikely. I keep thinking back to Kiki Herbert-Harrison who also entered the portal before the 2019-2020 season and then she changed her mind and stayed and had a great senior year. We'd have missed an entire season of Mad Kiki had she gone elsewhere.

Reaction Score
It was 7th on the team. She shot 26% from 3 in HS. Not great by any means but far better than going 1/31.

HS Stats Link

What surprised me most was just how badly she missed shots. Like routinely shooting airballs or hitting the side of the backboard. From her HS footage I thought she had potential to be the next Angel McCoughtry. Tall wing, extremely athletic, great at taking the ball to the basket, not a great shooter but capable, great defender, solid passer, etc. None of that really transpired on the court at SC and she never looked confident or in rhythm. Her strengths never fit SC's style of play this year, since the offense didn't utilize much slashing and was largely about pounding it inside and finishing around the basket. It worked and got them a championship, but I can see how Rivers feels like she wasn't the right puzzle piece for the program.
Agree, doesn’t remind of Angel, maybe someone a little more smooth like Chamique Holdsclaw. I agree that South Carolina is and always will be a post oriented team, she doesn’t want to play like that. Baylor and Kim Mulkey was the same way. Sometimes players don’t want to stand on the perimeter and dump the ball inside. Some do, some don’t.

Reaction Score
That small possibility has crossed my mind though it seems very, very unlikely. I keep thinking back to Kiki Herbert-Harrison who also entered the portal before the 2019-2020 season and then she changed her mind and stayed and had a great senior year. We'd have missed an entire season of Mad Kiki had she gone elsewhere.
I would say that Kiki situation was very specific. Her attempt to leave had nothing to do with USC or the coaching staff. It had to do with a player on the team who was eventually asked to leave. Once that player left she came back. It appears they Rivers still has a good relationship with everybody but she's looking for something else.

Reaction Score
I would say that Kiki situation was very specific. Her attempt to leave had nothing to do with USC or the coaching staff. It had to do with a player on the team who was eventually asked to leave. Once that player left she came back. It appears they Rivers still has a good relationship with everybody but she's looking for something else.
Say no more on who that player was. The only one I can recall, ever, that is almost universally disliked by our fan base.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Didn't Bianca Cuevas also change her mind after announcing she was leaving SC?

Reaction Score
Both Dawn and Kiki had answered that question multiple times during the season, because for some reason it always came up. It was an issue between Dawn and KiKi not her teammate(s). Summarizing Kiki stated it was a lack of communication between Dawn and herself. Dawn stated that Kiki did not feel wanted or needed. Dawn was bringing in the number 1 recruiting class, Kiki and Cuevas was coming off a suspension during the tournament. Kiki was not sure of her role with the team next year. Dawn brought in Kiki mom to help mediate it.

If there was an issue with KiKi and another player that is not why she wanted to transfer according to Dawn and Kiki. Also that player and KiKi was "liking" each other post on Instagram when they both were in the portal. If you have an issue with someone you would not acknowledge them.

In the following video Dawn goes into some of the things I summarized. What I wrote came from another interview so it is not verbatim. It starts at the 12:55 mark:

Reaction Score
Dang. We really on another board arguing about stuff from 5 years ago? It doesn’t matter. Goodness. Let it go.
Putting the truth out is arguing? Maybe a lot of people did not know the situation. I guess you liked the rumors better. If you are not a moderator mind your business and don't tell me how to post.

Reaction Score
Looks like you guys aren't the only fan base that feels that way. ;)
There are people in both fanbase who liked her. I never understood the hate for her. That is why I posted the video to clear her name. I wouldn't want people spreading rumors about me if it is not true. She got her degree from SC and wanted to play point guard her final year. With Ty being here that was not possible. Therefore, she went to Baylor.

Reaction Score
There is enough badmouthing of your program and Coach on that board of delusional volunteers. Y’all need to be nice and form a united front!

Reaction Score
There is enough badmouthing of your program and Coach on that board of delusional volunteers. Y’all need to be nice and form a united front!
Exactly what I was thinking.

Reaction Score
There are people in both fanbase who liked her. I never understood the hate for her. That is why I posted the video to clear her name. I wouldn't want people spreading rumors about me if it is not true. She got her degree from SC and wanted to play point guard her final year. With Ty being here that was not possible. Therefore, she went to Baylor.
You know what. I'm just deleting my original reply. You've got your opinion, I've got mine.

Reaction Score
We have a slightly dysfunctional relationship among our own fans. It's that way across the board with our athletic programs. It's almost as if we get bored if we have nobody else to argue with and turn on each other. Then a few days later we are all good again. Rinse. Repeat.

I had always assumed everyone's fan base was like this but it was actually a very good friend of mine who happens to be a UCONN alum and huge WBB fan observed how our fan base interacts with each other on social media. He was shocked at how we seemed to consider it the norm.

I guess they don't call us "South Carolina, Home of the Fighting Gamecocks" for nothing. :confused:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom