Saniya (in game) pictures | The Boneyard

Saniya (in game) pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now that we have Saniya under our wing, I thought you might like to see a few pictures of her in action from the MaxPreps web site.

Look at her eyes in the first picture at the top…….determination, concentration, scanning the court for options (same thing in the second picture)!.........Check out her shooting wrist in the third picture…nice follow through.

Click on this LINK to get to the pictures (and article).

Reaction Score
MMMMMMMm mmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm. Can't wait for this addition to "Our GIrls, " for all sorts of reasons. Can see her picking up alot of what the great Farris does for us, without the rebounds bec of her size, but likely with more scoring to balance that out. Passing, assists, hustle, personality, team-first....ala Kelly seem to be right there from all I've read and seen of Saniya.

TIME: really liking your Swanier quote as well. Take heed, 2014 recruits...and Happy Thanksgiving.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Here's what I think about Saniya (FWIW). I think she's a solid player and possibly a top 25 kid. It is my hope she develops like Brianna Banks did - I have a feeling Saniya may be overwhelmed her first year, but hopefully she really works hard to "get it" by her 2nd year...

Geno has pointed out how hard it is for kids to come to UCONN if they aren't really top talent to compete against the kids we already have. He's also pointed out how hard it is to recruit kids when you look at a fabulous forward, a fabulous wing, and fabulous guard a class ahead of you.

Saniya was invited to the USA national trials but she was cut and I suspect she was a tad overwhelmed by the talent of the other top girls she was playing with. I really hope she took that as a learning opportunity and went back home to work on the things that she struggled with at the trials.

I bet she scores a ton this season. It's clear she's a pure scorer. It's rare that a kid works hard on fitness and strength while in high school, and even if they do, it's nothing like what they will experience when they come to UCONN. But Geno thinks she can handle it and I really look forward to seeing her next season. If she ends up ANYTHING like Brianna Banks (as far as progress), I think we will all be thrilled.

Have a great senior year Saniya and I look forward to seeing you at UCONN next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom