Saniya Chong #26 WNBA | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Saniya Chong #26 WNBA

Reaction Score
Very ironic it was Dallas that selected her. I'm predicting that she makes the team. She just started scratching the surface of her potential this past season. She has the skills, and the pedigree. WNBA coaches know the Huskies can play the game at this level.

She played on a team that only lost 2 games in her college career. Her having a few issues on five of the teams of the century can be overlooked.

Now we may see the real Saniya...

Reaction Score
She will turn out to be "the hidden gem" of this draft.

AR-161119663.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667
[/QUOTE]

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
1. Not a great college career, yet I still find it difficult to accept that there were 25 players better than Ms Chong.

I was surprised she didn't go before the end of the second round.

I've noticed that the people doing the drafting for the W don't put as high a value on winning as I would when evaluating the players. There are years when I haven't heard of half the players drafted because I don't often watch second-tier teams, but good players on top teams go undrafted. Karlie Samuelson surprised me this year (maybe she has indicated she doesn't want to continue in basketball?). Madison Cable last year -- honorable mention all-American, tough as nails on a top team, I just don't get it.

Reaction Score
A very crowded roster there. Maybe best if she gets cut quickly, and is free to latch on somewhere else.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor has four players who have signed camp contracts: Davis, Cave, Prince and Jones. I am glad to see Davis and Cave getting an opportunity with the Sparks but that will be a tough roster to make. Jones and Prince are locks, IMO, with the Lynx and the Mercury.

I hope Chong does well. She can definitely be a threat from the outside and is a very heady player. And winners win.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I went to the Dallas/Atlanta game in Dallas today to see Allisha Gray and Kaela Davis play. Saniyah just played a few minutes so I couldn't tell a lot about how she's doing. Dallas needs a front court really bad.

Reaction Score
I love that it says she formerly played for the Huskies in the semi pro NCAA league
Well to be fair roughly ~80% of the players on the team eligible to go to the WNBA since her freshman year are in the WNBA.
'14 (2/2); '15 (2/2); '16 (3/4); '17 (1/2)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom