Saniya Chong #20 | The Boneyard

Saniya Chong #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ASGR released its top 100 via a series of tweets rather than a link to its sight. A little sloppy Chong #20 with the obvious lean to Georgia, Texas and Cali.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That's a little bizarre since in an article from July 12, it was reported by The Journal News...

Chong has also narrowed her college choices down to four schools, including: UConn, Maryland, Ohio State, and Louisville.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Not sure, but I think Man-Man may mean that ASGR has a bias toward players from those 3 states or simply that those states have disporportionate numbers of ranked players. I don't think there is any direct link between Saniya and those states.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not sure, but I think Man-Man may mean that ASGR has a bias toward players from those 3 states or simply that those states have disporportionate numbers of ranked players. I don't think there is any direct link between Saniya and those states.
Oh that makes more sense. I took "Cali" to mean "Cal"...

Reaction Score
Hoopgurlz expanded its list from 60 to 100. Chong is #75.

Reaction Score
Hoopgurlz expanded its list from 60 to 100. Chong is #75.
HoopGurlz put itself in a bind by not including Chong before. All they can do now is gradually ease down to something closer to #20.
#75 might be a good place to start the process.

JMNSVHO.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I thought HoopGurlz was phasing itself out and wasn't going to be around anymore?

Reaction Score
HoopGurlz put itself in a bind by not including Chong before. All they can do now is gradually ease down to something closer to #20.

JMNSVHO.

Doesnt make sense. Their old list only included 60 players. If they thought she was underrated they could've started her in the 40s or 50s.

Reaction Score

JMNSVHO.

Not at all. Moncrief went from unranked to #18. The better point is the Hoopgurlz does a lot of ranking without rhyme or reason. You watch a player like Greenwell excel at every level get topped out at #5 despite superior performance to those ranked above her. She is then rewarded after winning MVP at Boo Williams over all that are ranked above her with being dropped a spot because another player, Harper, had a good performance at a way lesser tourney in Georgia at the same time that didn't include the "studs". The UNC show seems to have done a great deal of good at raising Washington up to top 15 despite playing behind several other point guards on the U17 team. She's been riding the bench to pg ranked below her even before her groin pull the other day. The other point guards, ex. Allen, have dropped on HG yet is the starting pg for the U17 team. They, like all, are only credible with the first few after that you can just group players by groups of 20 or more as equal.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not at all. Moncrief went from unranked to #18. The better point is the Hoopgurlz does a lot of ranking without rhyme or reason. You watch a player like Greenwell excel at every level get topped out at #5 despite superior performance to those ranked above her. She is then rewarded after winning MVP at Boo Williams over all that are ranked above her with being dropped a spot because another player, Harper, had a good performance at a way lesser tourney in Georgia at the same time that didn't include the "studs". The UNC show seems to have done a great deal of good at raising Washington up to top 15 despite playing behind several other point guards on the U17 team. She's been riding the bench to pg ranked below her even before her groin pull the other day. The other point guards, ex. Allen, have dropped on HG yet is the starting pg for the U17 team. They, like all, are only credible with the first few after that you can just group players by groups of 20 or more as equal.
It also could be that they don't see certain players. I agree it is odd that she was invited to the Team USA tryouts and she's been "blowing up" due to her ridiculous scoring averages at Ossining, but while I do she probably should be higher, it's not like she has recently made a USA national team AND outperformed everyone (like Tuck has done in the past)...

H

Husk-E

I recently went to see Chong play at a tournament and I wasn't really that impressed. She has to start working out more. Right now she seems like she is extremely afraid contact. She does have a nice shot though.

Reaction Score
ASGR released its top 100 via a series of tweets rather than a link to its sight. A little sloppy Chong #20 with the obvious lean to Georgia, Texas and Cali.

Is it a lean or is it just where the talent is? California and Texas are two massive states that have tons of players and teams. They are going to produce a lot of talented players in any sport. Football rankings are dominated by the big 3 of CA TX and FL and really is basketball that much different?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Is it a lean or is it just where the talent is? California and Texas are two massive states that have tons of players and teams. They are going to produce a lot of talented players in any sport. Football rankings are dominated by the big 3 of CA TX and FL and really is basketball that much different?

Gotta include Georgia as well. They have some amazingly talented players down there. Thats including Football.... Men's basketball, Women's basketball....

Reaction Score
It also could be that they don't see certain players. I agree it is odd that she was invited to the Team USA tryouts and she's been "blowing up" due to her ridiculous scoring averages at Ossining, but while I do she probably should be higher, it's not like she has recently made a USA national team AND outperformed everyone (like Tuck has done in the past)...

Select college coaches recommendation weighs heavily on USA invites.

Reaction Score

True, they say Suwanee Sports Academy in Suwanee, GA is where players go to be ranked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom