Saniya and Ossining are in the deep end of the pool...great! | The Boneyard

Saniya and Ossining are in the deep end of the pool...great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/ossining-(ossining,ny)/girls-basketball/schedule.htm

The link is to the upcoming schedule for Ossining High. Quite simply, it is fabulous.
I believe they do not lose any starters from last year's NYS semifinal team...which lost to national top 5 Cicero with seven-one on that team.

The AD and coach are loading up....bigtime.

Among the treats: Archbishop Molloy of NYC...CTK [Sierra]...the Nike tourney in Arizona [hope they get placed in the toughest division]....New Jersey power St. John-Vianney...and a couple of other
tournaments in their area including one at the Westchester County Center and one in Jersey.

Frankly it sounds like a monster to deal with....and that should help prepare Ossining for the NYS tourney at Hudson Valley CC [no NYC teams allowed] and then if they win that, the NYS Federation
finals in Albany the following week when the NYC public and parochial champs arrive.

I hope we can get some of our scouting gurus to attend a game or two and see how Saniya is doing.
I got to see her play in that Cicero game last March and sure hope to go to HVCC again and this time
watch the team run the table on that weekend and then whomp whoever they face the next week in
Albany.
A loss or two or three along the way would not be at all unexpected but Saniya and the team will be better for having faced this tremendous line-up.

Congrats to everyone at Ossining who had something to do with this leap into the deep end of the pool.

BTW: I forget her name but they had a 7th grader on last year's team....she seemed to be in the regular rotation and had several 20 plus games....seemed to be a trey launcher and trey maker with
some regularity. Recruiting gurus might want to keep an eye on her.

Edit in: they were undefeated last year until they lost to Cicero...all double digit wins....but nowhere
near this difficult a schedule.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Good for them. Gonna be fun to watch her this year. Also to check in on Ekmark and see how she does this fall...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Good schedule! That should help get Saniya ready for the rigors of UConn basketball. The Nike TOC will be a good test, even if not the toughest bracket. A couple of UConn frosh--and a recruit--made names for themselves last year, as did players named Tina, Maya, and Elena in earlier TOCs.

Reaction Score
The seventh graders name is Andrea Espinoza-Hunter. She is back this season and I hear that she has grown several inches!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It will be fun to watch Saniya and the rest of her team this year. She rocketed up the rankings since last year and was invited to the US National team tryouts, but was cut from the team. I think she learned a lot in competing against girls who were just as good, if not better, than she was. I hope she, and her team, have a terrific year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom