San Diego St. Matchup | Page 5 | The Boneyard

San Diego St. Matchup

Reaction Score
Jackson sat for 15 mins in the first half and Miami was in the bonus for the last 8-9 mins.
I don’t think Miami got into the bonus. If we did get 7 fouls then I don’t remember them shooting any 1 for 1s as a result. Dodged a bullet there for sure.

Reaction Score
I am really relaxed about this game. This team will be ready. Only way SDSU beats us is if they play lights out.

Hopefully the team approaches the game differently from you :p

Reaction Score
I don’t think Miami got into the bonus. If we did get 7 fouls then I don’t remember them shooting any 1 for 1s as a result. Dodged a bullet there for sure.
I remarked in the chat that Miami spent a lot of time in the bonus but without getting to the line. We really tightened up our D and played smart without fouling, something we didn't do well earlier in the year (or BE refs were more committed to the narrative).

Reaction Score
This is a perfect match for UConn in the championship. FAU wouldn't have won, but would've been tougher. There will obviously be no letdown in the championship. SD State is a very good defensive team, but they have two problems: they don't match up surprising with UConn, and they simply won't be able to score enough points to win. My guess is something along the lines of 62-46 with Hawkins and Clingan being the stars tomorrow

Reaction Score
FAU would have been the much easier matchup. San Diego State has one of the best defenses in the country and shut down Alabama"s explosive offense. We were literally a second away from a walk in the park Final. This Final should be a tossup.
FAU scared me. Jalen would have spilled all our secrets. Plus we would have been playing 4 out all night.

Reaction Score
D89C56FF-C236-4417-9702-EE31037CC3E5.jpeg

Reaction Score
I also remember a George Mason team that was supposed to be a walkover, especially given the greatest talent UConn put on one team.

I like our chances, and if UConn plays it’s game we should win on paper. But SDSU is tough, resilient, and mature. They will come out with a belief they can win. They won’t just give this NC to UConn.

I think the staff has this team focused and ready to play. The players don’t seem phased by who the competition is.
Come on. Not a fair comparison. Everyone knew that teams flaws and they had trouble with almost every team they played in that tournament. Hell, they were down double digits to the 16 seed. Yeah, that team had a lot of talent, but they were too worried about their NBA futures and as it turned out, Rudy Gay was the only guy on the team who actually had one.

Reaction Score
I also dont like the comments coming from UConn players. They are saying things like it doesnt matter who we play, if we stick to what we're doing, we'll be good. Umm, thats exactly not the way to win close games. You need to be very tactical in terms of what sets you are going to run with a minute left,
Sure. And "being tactical" is what COACHES do, not players.

Reaction Score
Both things are true. That was part of his point

Reaction Score
Can someone tweet to Kyle Boone that UConn has a 7-2 guy coming off the bench that has had a big impact on games? No mention of the big guy in this write up. He compares benches and only mentions Alleyne and Calcaterra. How is it possible to not even mention Clingan?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Not sure if this qualifies as anything more than a weird coincidence but Jim Dutcher (father of San Diego State's head coach) replaced Bill Musselman (father of Arkansas head coach who we beat in round three) as head coach at the university of Minnesota 48 years ago.

Reaction Score
We can’t lose the offense rebounding battle like we did tonight. That was easily the biggest surprise for me.
I know we should get every rebound but we did win the rebounding 40-31

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom