San Diego Chargers | The Boneyard

San Diego Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
other than Kendall Reyes, they are a total disappointment.. How can you be up 24-0 at home and give up 35 unanswered points? with a Pro-Bowl caliber QB to boot? smh....

Reaction Score
One of the great mysteries of our time is how long Norv Turner and AJ Smith have held onto their jobs there.

Reaction Score
It wasn't even Eli. It was his daddy. (and at this point who can blame them!)

I am a Chargers fan and that game was just ridiculous. I saw this stat - 442 times in the Super Bowl era a team has led by 24 points or more at the half and only 3 times have they lost the game......now it's 4. Time for Norv and AJ to go (it was last year). What a disaster.

Reaction Score
I still can't believe Norv Turner got hired for another HC gig. That's a bigger mystery than Dummy DeLeone.

Reaction Score
Eli pulled a John Elway. Stomped and cried like a little baby that he didn't want to play for SD.

This. Eli cried his way out of San Diego, like a big baby.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score

I am a Chargers fan and that game was just ridiculous. I saw this stat - 442 times in the Super Bowl era a team has led by 24 points or more at the half and only 3 times have they lost the game......now it's 4. Time for Norv and AJ to go (it was last year). What a disaster.

I wouldn't be surprised if the number's more like 1 or 2 ( you guys being # 2 ) for the HOME team to have a disaster like that.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Eli pulled a John Elway. Stomped and cried like a little baby that he didn't want to play for SD.
And? 2x super bowl champ must of known something huh?

Uconnalliance

Reaction Score
This. Eli cried his way out of San Diego, like a big baby.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
I bet his arms are tired from holding 2 superbowl trophies,oh and MVP too almost forgot that.

Reaction Score
That "baby " cried himself into the HOF.

Definitely has a solid argument for the Hall of Fame. I don't think anyone here was questioning his ability. Just that he was a whining baby when he was drafted. I don't think anyone disputes that.

Reaction Score
I bet his arms are tired from holding 2 superbowl trophies,oh and MVP too almost forgot that.

Nobody mentioned anything about his accomplishments. 2 Super Bowls is a pretty big deal. Do you dispute that he acted like a child when faced with being drafted by the Chargers?

Reaction Score
Eli's accomplishments and abilities are not in question here. He acted like a dunce hiding behind his daddy leading up to the draft. He was a baby, got his way, and made the most of it.

Uconnalliance

Reaction Score
Nobody mentioned anything about his accomplishments. 2 Super Bowls is a pretty big deal. Do you dispute that he acted like a child when faced with being drafted by the Chargers?
Yup absolutely

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Definitely has a solid argument for the Hall of Fame. I don't think anyone here was questioning his ability. Just that he was a whining baby when he was drafted. I don't think anyone disputes that.

From what I understand, Eli was advised by both his father and by Peyton to not go to San Diego at all costs and the primary reason was what happened to Ryan Leaf. The staff at the time had a very bad rep for developing QB's and I think Peyton and Leaf were drafted the same year? Peyton and Leaf knew each other pretty well and Leaf shared a bunch of bad experiences with him which led him to tell Eli to do whatever it took to avoid going there as well.

If that comes across as being a whiny baby, so be it but I think all agree that it turned out pretty well for him and for my team (go G-Men!).

Reaction Score
From what I understand, Eli was advised by both his father and by Peyton to not go to San Diego at all costs and the primary reason was what happened to Ryan Leaf. The staff at the time had a very bad rep for developing QB's and I think Peyton and Leaf were drafted the same year? Peyton and Leaf knew each other pretty well and Leaf shared a bunch of bad experiences with him which led him to tell Eli to do whatever it took to avoid going there as well.

If that comes across as being a whiny baby, so be it but I think all agree that it turned out pretty well for him and for my team (go G-Men!).

Ryan who?

Uconnalliance

Reaction Score

GO BLUE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!'

Reaction Score
Im sure Phillip Rivers would have handled being in a huddle with Tiki, Shockey and Plaxico along with NYC media and along with Coughlin. Rivers 0-2 vs Brady in the playoffs, Eli 2-0.

Reaction Score

You know what was crazy about that game? At 24-10 and the Chargers driving (3 straight first downs) Gruden and Collinsworth were talking about how Peyton owns this game and the Broncos have all the momentum, and that Peyton is so good at comebacks, and poor SD doesn't stand a chance against mighty Peyton....it was like they knew what the outcome was going to be...like the game was fixed or something.

Reaction Score

Vuce, wasn't one of those games Giants San Francisco, around 2002? I remember Jeff Garcia and Tyrell Owens. Everything else is a blur.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
other than Kendall Reyes, they are a total disappointment.. How can you be up 24-0 at home and give up 35 unanswered points? with a Pro-Bowl caliber QB to boot? smh....

Pro Bowl selections means very little nowadays. Guys come up with phantom injuries and the QB playing in the Super Bowl hasn't been able to play in recent years. The measurement of true greatness in the NFL is All-Pro selections?

Without a solid running game and O-line, he's regressed substantially for the last two seasons (hmm, sound familiar?). Early in his career, LT2 was the team's driving force, not Rivers. There has been at least 3 QBs better than Rivers in his own conference throughout his career and now Flacco is pushing him for the 4th position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom