San Antonio Over LA | The Boneyard

San Antonio Over LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Saw that Parker has a sore knee. That's not good. We need her, DT and Augustus healthy ASAP.

Nneka went 2-9 from the FT line. How odd is that for such a spectacular FT shooter. Good to see Young play well after that 2-11 shooting performance in her previous game.

I'm really happy to see Jia Perkins having a decent career after such an abrupt ending to her college career at Texas Tech. Speaking of Texas Tech, whatever happened to Hello Kitty?

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Nneka played the night before in Phoenix, then boarded a plane, and then played the following night back in L.A. My guess is that the rookie is still adjusting to the demanding schedule in the pros where every night they face another team of very talented professional players. Back to back games are even difficult for the more experienced players. The teams also fly commercial. They don't have the chartered flights that they are used to having in college. The scheduling in the W can be brutal, to say the least. I think Parker is fine, but with DT, Penny, and Dupree all sidelined, it made sense to let Parker rest with the Olympics on the horizon.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
agreed with justa... LA is 10-4. the team in 3rd place in their division is 5-5. the chances of LA even dropping to 3rd, never mind missing the playoffs, is minuscule IMHO. At this point, with the olympics coming up, i'd say save the players health as much as possible. losing a few games for LA won't do anything except make it harder to beat out Minny for the top spot, something which was always incredibly unlikely.

i think Phoenix and Tulsa are pretty much going to be the bottom 2 teams in the West. looks like they will have a 50% chance to land Brit or Elena. i really hope Phx gets the 1st pick.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
agreed with justa... LA is 10-4. the team in 3rd place in their division is 5-5. the chances of LA even dropping to 3rd, never mind missing the playoffs, is minuscule IMHO. At this point, with the olympics coming up, i'd say save the players health as much as possible. losing a few games for LA won't do anything except make it harder to beat out Minny for the top spot, something which was always incredibly unlikely.

i think Phoenix and Tulsa are pretty much going to be the bottom 2 teams in the West. looks like they will have a 50% chance to land Brit or Elena. i really hope Phx gets the 1st pick.

I would like to see NY get the top pick. Honestly, anyone but Tulsa. I just hate to think of BG's marketing potential being wasted in such a small market. Nothing against Tulsa, it just seems to have limited potential in the area of marketing. Honestly, seeing BG in NY would be ideal. I can only imagine how much the attendance would jump and the WNBA would have a field day with that pairing.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
I would like to see NY get the top pick. Honestly, anyone but Tulsa. I just hate to think of BG's marketing potential being wasted in such a small market. Nothing against Tulsa, it just seems to have limited potential in the area of marketing. Honestly, seeing BG in NY would be ideal. I can only imagine how much the attendance would jump and the WNBA would have a field day with that pairing.

Griner playing with Taurasi, Taylor, etc. in Phoenix would go a long way to solving the Mercury's post problems.

Diggins would be an upgrade over Prahalis at the point. And the team could use Prahalis as a backup (she would be strong in that position; this would be my preference) or trade her.

Delle Donne does not really fit any of Phoenix' needs, other than having another scorer. She could start if Phoenix went Prahalis/Taurasi/Delle Donne/Taylor/Dupree, or she could come off the bench if Bonner starts, giving Phoenix two scorers (Delle Donne and Houston) among the non-starters.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I secretly want Phoenix to get the 2nd pick (EDD). I'd get seasons tickets then. Could watch her play all day. :p

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Yes, let NY get BG and have her play to empty seats in Newark... sigh.

FIRST - ban Wiz.
SECOND - find a new coach and GM
THIRD - bribe folks to come to Newark
FOURTH - repair the relationship with NY media. Hell, the NYTimes doesn't even have a WNBA scoreboard tab....

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Yes, let NY get BG and have her play to empty seats in Newark... sigh.

FIRST - ban Wiz.
SECOND - find a new coach and GM
THIRD - bribe folks to come to Newark
FOURTH - repair the relationship with NY media. Hell, the NYTimes doesn't even have a WNBA scoreboard tab....

This was the same post people had a few years ago about Blaze, a new coach, getting people to Radio City, and repairing the relationship with the media.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
This was the same post people had a few years ago about Blaze, a new coach, getting people to Radio City, and repairing the relationship with the media.
Well, it has become a bad franchise, apparantly.. Too many questionable player moves, I guess.

Once the Brooklyn arena is done, they could play there.. And what about MSG?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nneka was shooting FTs at 80.4% (41-51) going into the game. She had a tough night from the floor, as well, at 4-12. Her teammates did little better. It sounds as if they played tired. Mostly, Nneka has been stellar so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom