Samuelson to Dallas | The Boneyard

Samuelson to Dallas

Reaction Score
I think I just saw Ndour signed elsewhere. Stevens could be replacing her. I don't think Azura is a C in the WNBA. Closer to a 3 than a 5.
Makes sense now. Didn’t know about Ndour. Wonder if Lou could cost Karlie her job. Karlie has been playing very well in Europe.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Looked it up, Ndour was a sign and trade to Dallas in a separate deal between the 2 teams.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
The Hartford Courant just reported that the Chicago Sky have traded KLS and a 2021 first round draft pick to the Dallas Wings for Azura Stevens!

I added the exclamation point because I consider that to be quite surprising.

It appears to imply that both teams consider Lou to be a lesser player than Azura, which you wouldn't expect given their relative productivity at UConn.

This means that Lou and Karlie will be teammates, assuming that Karlie makes the final Dallas roster. It also means that Lou will be receiving passes from Moriah once again.

Reaction Score
Wow traded after just one season? Seems a little quick.
Right? Wasn't it the Chicago sky coach James Wade that said they drafted her to play behind and learn from Quigley for a few seasons?

Reaction Score
JoePgh said: It appears to imply that both teams consider Lou to be a lesser player than Azura, which you wouldn't expect given their relative productivity at UConn.

It could mean that for whatever reason (Lou asked for a trade maybe? or, Chicago got tired of the negative publicity with her sitting on the bench?), and Chicago has been shopping Lou around. If that is so the I'd bet the other teams wouldn't bite without a sweetener.

And Chicago traded Astou Ndour (sp) to Dallas for a 1st round draft pick just the day before.....

so if we say the draft pick swaps cancel each other out than that is Ndour and KLS to Dallas for Azura Stevens.

Also, it doesn't seem that WNBA teams consider 1st round picks as valuable a commodity as in other sports.

Reaction Score
Let's hope they make better use of her skillset than Chicago using her to keep a seat warm.
Think Dallas got the best of that deal, with all the bad players they had last year, no Liz or Skylar and Stevens was a bench player. Azura still wants to be like EDD and Stewie, but unlike both of them she doesn't want to mix it up inside.

Reaction Score
Apparently one of the Chicago reporters just spoke to Katie at the event she is at in Chicago for the all star weekend, and she apparently just found out she was traded by the reporter, she didn’t even know, it said she was surprised, because the last she heard she was staying in Chicago.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Apparently one of the Chicago reporters just spoke to Katie at the event she is at in Chicago for the all star weekend, and she apparently just found out she was traded by the reporter, she didn’t even know, it said she was surprised, because the last she heard she was staying in Chicago.
True, the coach didnt even contact her to tell her she was traded. Guy us a real Sh_t Head, IMO.

Reaction Score
KLS will be playing with Arike and probably Cox this summer. That's quite a reunion for them as they started for their U16 and U17 teams together.

Dallas is going super young. Its kind of exciting. Hopefully Moriah Jefferson can get healthy and have a productive season. Imagine trying to contain her and Arike and then not being able to say off of KLS. They also got rid of Glory, so maybe they might get another big with the later first round draft picks.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Cool. Dallas is one of the 4 teams (Sparks, Liberty, Aces) I like and follow. Lou was never a good fit in Chicago. Lots of player movement in the off-season in the W.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Right? Wasn't it the Chicago sky coach James Wade that said they drafted her to play behind and learn from Quigley for a few seasons?

That was just something he said on the fly and then got called out on it. Then he muttered something about the NBA Model....

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yes. It is great she got out of jail but I will miss her in the powder blue uni. :oops:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom