Samson's back!!! | The Boneyard

Samson's back!!!

Reaction Score
Hopefully it's the spark plug this team needs as they head into February and, after this game, the second half of the big east season. Would love to see a nice 8 of 10 wins, after Butler win, to end the regular season. We can still be wishful right?

Reaction Score
I'm with Hurley, an 8 min minute restriction sounds pretty silly to me.

But it got Samson on the court today. Welcome back.

Reaction Score
Other than the W, seeing him out there was my favorite part of the game. He looked comfortable. That three shot attempt was nice but him diving to the floor was worth 5 points to me in his path to a full recovery

I loved seeing how happy Karaban was for him when he was checking in. Despite the fact that SJ will eat into his minutes, you could tell AK was genuinely psyched for him to get the applause.

Ive seen quite a few examples of that this season. Despite the recent rough stretch, this is a very likeable team.

Reaction Score
Even if Samson was able to do cardio in all his recovery time it is different running up and down the court. If he can help at the 4 for 8 minutes a game it would be huge. He has a good ability to finish around the rim and can set up for the 3. It was great to hear the ovation the fans gave him on the TV broadcast when he entered the game. Well done fans.

Reaction Score
Around 10 minutes a game for Samson this season is just fine. Excited to have him as a contributor while Karaban is getting a breather.

Reaction Score
I loved seeing how happy Karaban was for him when he was checking in. Despite the fact that SJ will eat into his minutes, you could tell AK was genuinely psyched for him to get the applause.

Ive seen quite a few examples of that this season. Despite the recent rough stretch, this is a very likeable team.
"I'm excited for when he comes back," Karaban said. "I think before the break, I was experiencing fatigue. I was tired at times. So I think him coming in and giving us a different look, offensively and defensively, will really elevate us to a different level. I'm excited for him to come back. It'll really help me out."

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He looked 6’11 with a 17 ft wingspan. Got me a little excited lol
Huge frame, needs to add muscle for next season. Hard time believing he won’t be swatting shots once he gets his feet wet. That 3pt attempt looked clean too.

Reaction Score
Hopefully he can get back into game shape quickly and provide some valuable minutes here and there. I don't expect much. I hope I'm wrong.

Reaction Score

Another moment like that just occurred to me.
In the Nova game, Ajax hit a 3 from the corner to basically seal the game. When it goes through the net, if you look near the basket, Hawkins is there doing the same "strongman" celebration that he normally does when he dunks the ball or makes a great play.
It's cool that they are so happy for each others successes.

Reaction Score
Johnson should help Karaban along the way. There were times when you could see Karaban was trying to stay on the floor because it was the one position they didn't have a lot of depth with Samson out. He would be exhausted and his defense, which is a work in progress that is getting better, suffered at times. Johnson gives them 5 more fouls. He's capable of hitting 3's and his length should help on defense at times.

Reaction Score
Johnson should help Karaban along the way. There were times when you could see Karaban was trying to stay on the floor because it was the one position they didn't have a lot of depth with Samson out. He would be exhausted and his defense, which is a work in progress that is getting better, suffered at times. Johnson gives them 5 more fouls. He's capable of hitting 3's and his length should help on defense at times.
If he could play Brimah 15-20 minutes a game the team D makes an exponentially jump.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom