Samson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Samson

Reaction Score
He is clearly a lot stronger, hopefully strong enough to be a beast backing up Clingan. But comparing him to Adama isn't going to end well. Adama was one of the strongest players in the entire NCAA.
Adama was a brick wall. Remember when that muscular player on San Diego St., Ledee, tried to bully ball through Adama with 4 mins remaining in the title game and Adama didn't budge 1 inch? Ledee was able to do that to other players in the NCAAT with ease.

Adama and Eric Dixon was the proverbial unstoppable force vs immovable object.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
At least McCrackhead has your back!
Dave Chappelle GIF by Paramount+

Reaction Score
He is clearly a lot stronger, hopefully strong enough to be a beast backing up Clingan. But comparing him to Adama isn't going to end well. Adama was one of the strongest players in the entire NCAA.
I’ve rarely seen someone so strong that he is unmovable in post defense. He was actually a wall.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
….this post I’m guessing was just pure trolling. Obviously the dunk on what is essentially an asst coach isn’t what people are focusing on. Also, why insult Mamadou for no reason? While you’re at it you might as well take shots at some other players who failed to meet expectations for whatever reason
If he wasn’t considered raw with his skills and body type he would have been a 5 star. He was always going to take time. Samson hasn’t had the chance to show us what he has for a variety of reasons including injuries and losing his spot due to injury to historically good freshman on a championship team. Most players would have transferred out, especially knowing he’s not going to start this year. That alone hurts the program having highly ranked recruits who are unhappy leave. Instead he’s showing everyone he wanted to stay regardless.

There were a lot of ways to make your point and you chose to be a straight up dick.

Also pointing out he’s 21 and saying baby steps in the same thought is contradictory.
What he said, don't be a Richard.

Reaction Score
You're right! My bad! Johnson's 33 career points are superior Mamadou's 85 career points. Wall potential. I get it. My point is he needs to show a lot more than dunking. Hasn't shown much otherwise. Like I said, let's hope it clicks.

At least McCrackhead has your back!

He has show to be a good offensive rebounder in the few minutes he has gotten. I believe he is a much more valuable piece than has been understood by the Boneyard. We will see.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that was funny. No offense, @BigErnMcCracken

Samson looks good no doubt. I think what is probably/hopefully true, that has been said before, is that he just needs the 'for real' game reps to get substantially better. Confidence, comfortable on the floor, all that jazz.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I believe he is a much more valuable piece than has been understood by the Boneyard.
So does Hurley. That's why I agree with you. And Hurley just said the bench will make or break the season. No pressure, Samson!

Reaction Score
Dunking on a 25 yo former player who averaged like 2 pts and 2 rbs in his 30 game injury riddled career is impressive? Stop. I'm surprised Mamadou can still play ball so that is the best thing about this post. Samson needs a lot of work. He's 21 now. Let's hope it clicks! Baby steps!
It must be to be you.

Reaction Score
Dunking on a 25 yo former player who averaged like 2 pts and 2 rbs in his 30 game injury riddled career is impressive? Stop. I'm surprised Mamadou can still play ball so that is the best thing about this post. Samson needs a lot of work. He's 21 now. Let's hope it clicks! Baby steps!
This staff has an impressive track record of players improving under their watch. I for one expect Samson to be a beast, if only because he will not have to be the man.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Not sure if it’s been stated yet since sometimes I just comment before reading the thread, but Samson is going to be crucial this year. Key to our depth. Just like last year, we will be deep and will give people fits down low with our quality 5 off the bench. We will put teams away with our fresh 6/7/8th guys that would be starting in most programs.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Not sure if it’s been stated yet since sometimes I just comment before reading the thread, but Samson is going to be crucial this year. Key to our depth. Just like last year, we will be deep and will give people fits down low with our quality 5 off the bench. We will put teams away with our fresh 6/7/8th guys that would be starting in most programs.
Dude, read the thread.

JK, totally agree that our depth will tell the story.

Reaction Score
Not to pile on that poster but nobody was saying they were impressed by him dunking on Mamadou. They were saying he looks a lot stronger. He was kind of a string bean but he does look bigger in that pic.
His kids probably came home from winning middle school games only to hear they should be ashamed for beating 12 year olds.

Reaction Score
I just finished (again) watching ESPN’s 30 for 30 on the “First Ten Years of the Big East”. Of course it focussed on the Big Three…..Georgetown, Syracuse and St. Johns…..who were rightly highlighted as the prime movers of the conference’s early years. Thompson, Boeheim and Carnesseca were great coaches and (well, two of three) celebrities.

Despite those teams’ domination of the nation’s (and media) attention, only two national championships have been claimed by them……..one each by Georgetown and Syracuse. St. John’s…..zero.

UConn…………….FIVE.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Not to pile on that poster but nobody was saying they were impressed by him dunking on Mamadou. They were saying he looks a lot stronger. He was kind of a string bean but he does look bigger in that pic.
Not just bigger , but like a man. Can’t tell too much from a picture play wise but he looked like a baby deer on ice in his limited floor time in two years. No offense meant. He looks nothing like that in this shot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom