2021 Recruiting: - Samson Johnson to UConn | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Samson Johnson to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@Fishy mignt be surprised at how many of our beloved Casual Fans actually think that.
So how exactly does the "Blaze Pizza" BS factor in when none of these guys actually visited campus?? Do they show them pictures on the Zoom presentation? Or do they just have each recruit visit one of the several HUNDRED other Blaze pizzas around the country that is most convenient to them?? Inquiring minds are desperate to know.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So how exactly does the "Blaze Pizza" BS factor in when none of these guys actually visited campus?? Do they show them pictures on the Zoom presentation? Or do they just have each recruit visit one of the several HUNDRED other Blaze pizzas around the country that is most convenient to them?? Inquiring minds are desperate to know.

Are you seriously unaware Blaze has a website? Great recruiters use it as a conduit to communicating with recruits. I'm sorry you were gullible to think the Blaze strategy was an end to a means and not a means to the end.

1597093545096.png

Reaction Score
This kid seems like the perfect complimentary piece, a high-end role player. The player all opposing fan bases will hate. Do all of the dirty work, make all of the key plays that don't show up in the box score. Hopefully that perimeter J becomes more consistent.

Reaction Score
Thank your for that blinding glimpse of the obvious.
Do you mean to tell me you can't just go on Amazon, click a few buttons, and order recruits to be delivered to your house in a few days? Millenials think everything should be that easy.

Reaction Score
So smart, yes - I love it. At the end of the day, the goal is always the number of NBA players and not NCAA championships...the kings of what could have been! Ah! To dream of such aspirations...

If Bouk stays through his Junior year, he might have his name in the rafters. If he doesn't, well...he doesn't. I root for team success, not individual success. Great play shines through regardless of who put the ball in the basket. It probably doesn't matter though, either way, it's likely the season is cut short and the NBA is still a mess headed into 2021, so it's quite likely we get Bouk through Junior year, almost by default.

The best thing for the program long term is getting guys to the league and building a program where the coach can be trusted to guide these young men to what’s best for them. As a fan, would I love if Boulder plays like a lottery pick this year and decides to come back? For sure. Would I think it’s the best move for him? Absolutely not.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Different types of forces acts on a dam structure such as water pressure, self weight, wave pressure etc. Determination of various forces which acts on the structure is the first step in the design of dams. These forces are considered to act per unit length of the dam. It is the pressure of water that acts perpendicular on the upstream face of the dam.

When the water is stored on the upstream side of a dam there exists a head of water equal to the height up to which the water is stored.

This water enters the pores, fissures, and cracks of the foundation material under pressure. It also enters the joint between the dam and the foundation at the base and the pores of the dam itself.

This water then seeps through and tries to emerge out on the downstream end. The seeping water creates hydraulic gradient between the upstream and downstream side of the dam.

This hydraulic gradient causes vertical upward pressure. The upward pressure is known as uplift which is the second largest external pressure. Uplift reduces the effective weight of the structure and consequently the restoring force is reduced.

Just saying.

Reaction Score
Are you seriously unaware Blaze has a website? Great recruiters use it as a conduit to communicating with recruits. I'm sorry you were gullible to think the Blaze strategy was an end to a means and not a means to the end.

View attachment 57523
Silly me, you are correct. It is mind-boggling that only the Blaze Pizza in Storrs plays the siren song though. How did we get so lucky??

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
DH empowers his assistants. If the team wins he will have excellent assistant coaches get HC jobs. Just like JC. DH will bring on new assistants and empower them, too. I can foresee a DH coaching tree in the future. The Huskies have to win and win big to start that coaching tree and most of us think the team is on the threshold of that type of winning. Keeping my fingers crossed the powers that be can figure how to have a season in January. BTW, feel free to post what they're saying on the Cuse board but I feel they are in our rear view mirror. Always hated and always inferior. It's time to knock Nova off the top of the BE mountain and reclaim our dominance. We need a saying like Beware of Dog or something.

Reaction Score
DH empowers his assistants. If the team wins he will have excellent assistant coaches get HC jobs. Just like JC. DH will bring on new assistants and empower them, too. I can foresee a DH coaching tree in the future. The Huskies have to win and win big to start that coaching tree and most of us think the team is on the threshold of that type of winning. Keeping my fingers crossed the powers that be can figure how to have a season in January. BTW, feel free to post what they're saying on the Cuse board but I feel they are in our rear view mirror. Always hated and always inferior. It's time to knock Nova off the top of the BE mountain and reclaim our dominance. We need a saying like Beware of Dog or something.

He’s had three assistants go on to become head coaches. I certainly don’t see that stopping.

I think Tom’s situation is the most interesting. He’s going into year 4 with Hurley, and they have a good working relationship. Of course he’s happy at UConn, but once you’ve been a head coach, it’s hard to not want that again. I think Kimani will get the first offer, though. Kenya seems to get overlooked sometimes, but he’s absolutely head coach material. It’s amazing what can get accomplished when people aren‘t worried about who specifically is getting the credit.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Different types of forces acts on a dam structure such as water pressure, self weight, wave pressure etc. Determination of various forces which acts on the structure is the first step in the design of dams. These forces are considered to act per unit length of the dam. It is the pressure of water that acts perpendicular on the upstream face of the dam.

When the water is stored on the upstream side of a dam there exists a head of water equal to the height up to which the water is stored.

This water enters the pores, fissures, and cracks of the foundation material under pressure. It also enters the joint between the dam and the foundation at the base and the pores of the dam itself.

This water then seeps through and tries to emerge out on the downstream end. The seeping water creates hydraulic gradient between the upstream and downstream side of the dam.

This hydraulic gradient causes vertical upward pressure. The upward pressure is known as uplift which is the second largest external pressure. Uplift reduces the effective weight of the structure and consequently the restoring force is reduced.

Just saying.

And the ultimate source of this water that creates these pressures is rain.
In recruiting you need some catchy or motivational sayings to rally the troops and have fun. Chief is a very analytical dude but at some point we need to keep high level given our purpose.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Silly me, you are correct. It is mind-boggling that only the Blaze Pizza in Storrs plays the siren song though. How did we get so lucky??

I never said or implied luck was involved. Getting your own customized Blaze right next to campus? All part of the grind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom