Samir Doughty visiting UConn on 6/15 | The Boneyard

Samir Doughty visiting UConn on 6/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is he a sit one, play two?
Yes. He could try to appeal for another year, but typically, the NCAA only lets you have 5 years (although I'm sure they'd bend the rules for Duke or UNC).

Reaction Score
Would a great get this would be, he is an awesome looking basketball player.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I think much of the yard is sleeping on this kid based on the reactions he got in his original thread.

Reaction Score
Good player on the court, shaky person off the court. If he came here I'd expect him to be under close watch from Ollie

Reaction Score
Good player on the court, shaky person off the court. If he came here I'd expect him to be under close watch from Ollie

I haven't heard about this. But I know nothing about the kid. You've always seemed reliable. But source? Or is,this more of a keep it in pm type of thing

Edit: all I've seen is his first red shirt was because he didn't qualify academically. Something I'm missing?

Reaction Score
I haven't heard about this. But I know nothing about the kid. You've always seemed reliable. But source? Or is,this more of a keep it in pm type of thing
Someone else said something similar and VCU fans are rationalizing the transfer by saying he is being asked to leave the program. VCU fans are crazy though, so who knows

Reaction Score
Haha, yeah one of the biggest knocks is attitude. idk how to PM, but he affected a lot of things chemistry wise and it just wasn't a great situation

Reaction Score
I'm sort of leaning "no" on this one....and definitely leaning no if we get Moretti. I'm wondering if this is a contingency plan if we don't get Moretti and if he commits before next week, we could cancel the visit. Seems like the kid has talent, but a few posters have referenced some red flags from a character perspective, and I'd rather leave one scholarship open then take a chance on a kid like this.

Reaction Score
Well, it's over if Oregon is involved. After all, it's OREGON.

Didn't really want this kid before but now that Moretti is gone, I guess I'll take him. Never been a better time to be a UConn fan!!!
If any of the rumors about character issues are true, I hope we don't take him just because we're desperate. We already have enough issues.

Reaction Score
Not sure what people want on this board. Doughty > Moretti 100%. Of course we could have had both, but Doughty is a fantastic player. We'd be fortunate to get him.

I agree. This is the guy.
Both him and the Illinois State kid if I had my way.

Reaction Score
Don't mean to escalate any rumors about this kid, but what are the character issues associated with him?? Do we have general "bad character" insight, or specifics?

Reaction Score
You'd have to think with those other two schools we have a 0% chance of landing this kid but a lot stranger things have happened...we'll take him

Reaction Score
Not sure what people want on this board. Doughty > Moretti 100%. Of course we could have had both, but Doughty is a fantastic player. We'd be fortunate to get him.
Haha and when we don't get Doughty it will turn into, "don't know why everyone cares about not getting this kid, he isn't that good and we are loaded at guard."

Reaction Score
Haha and when we don't get Doughty it will turn into, "don't know why everyone cares about not getting this kid, he isn't that good and we are loaded at guard."

No it won't SJ we know what it will be.

Chillious sucks
Killings blows
Fire KO

Theyre really the most consistent messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom