Samarie Walker excited about debut | The Boneyard

Samarie Walker excited about debut

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
well she seems to be very excited, and good for her. hope she and kentucky kill tennessee...

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I too hope Kentucky kills UTenn. Along the way I hope Walker goes 0-10 with no rebounds.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I too hope Kentucky kills UTenn. Along the way I hope Walker goes 0-10 with no rebounds.
Yeah, let's wish the worst for her. How dare she transfer!!

Ruffian75

Uncle Mo of Posters
Reaction Score
I have no sympathy for her or EDD. We would be 70 games short of 195-0 if those two ingrates hadn;t left.

Reaction Score
Come on people, UCONN was not for her and she had the guts to leave. I wish her wish and she will be the difference to beat ND

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Best wishes to Sam. I hope she is happy and working hard. She should give ND some problems.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I didn't like her leaving or the way it went down any more than anyone else, but I wish her nothing but the best at this point.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Samarie looks happy! Good luck to her and the Wildcats on the rest of their season!

Reaction Score
I didn't like her leaving or the way it went down any more than anyone else, but I wish her nothing but the best at this point.

+1

I was ready to be a Samarie fan. I like her court presence and her game, so I was very disappointed when she chose to leave. Not thrilled with the way it happened either. But I know I'm going to enjoy watching her play at Kentucky, that's a program I have nothing against, so I wish her the best of luck. Up until UK might play UConn that is. Then I'll be rooting for 0-10 with no boards.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Some things haven't changed---

"...She is an absolute beast around the basket, very strong rebounder, very strong finisher."

"Strong" seems to be the word everyone uses when asked about Walker, who averaged 6.2 points, 5.8 rebounds and 18.8 minutes in 17 games as a freshman at UConn.

"She's probably one of the strongest people I've ever played against," said former Kentucky star Victoria Dunlap, who plays against some top players these days in the WNBA and as a professional overseas. "She's just really, really strong. She's difficult to box out, to get around. She made me better by making me work hard in practice."

"Samarie being out there is going to open it up for the guards because she's such a huge presence inside."
Dunlap, who left UK with the second-most rebounds in school history, noted that Walker is an impressive rebounder.
"We would do drills, and it was like seeing myself go up and get a rebound out of just nowhere," Dunlap said. "She's very strong and, if she can keep using her body and size, she's going to be good."

Samarie Walker: 'strong like bull! '

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
BTW: that Kentucky at ND game on Sunday is on TV....I think it is on ESPNU....at 1:00.
That might prove a tasty appetizer to our entree game at 8:30.

Guy-side fans: it would conflict with the UConn men against Holy Cross at 1:00....I think on SNY.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Yeah, let's wish the worst for her. How dare she transfer!!

Walker didn't just transfer. She deserted the team and abandoned her team mates all at a time when her contribution was so important.

There is a huge difference between a player that renegs on a LOI, or a player that transfers at seasons end and a player that cuts and runs with no concern of the consequences to her team mates.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Samarie Walker: 'strong like bull! '[/quote]

For years, my late wife's family used this expression, and I picked it up. One night, while working in a kitchen on a catering gig, I said it. One of the cooks ( a woman) looked at me, and said "yeah. and smart like tractor!":D

Reaction Score
uconn men will be a very little watch against HC........WE have an Open House on Sunday and will be DVR the ND game for viewing after company leaves and before the Main Event........

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Walker didn't just transfer. She deserted the team and abandoned her team mates all at a time when her contribution was so important.

There is a huge difference between a player that renegs on a LOI, or a player that transfers at seasons end and a player that cuts and runs with no concern of the consequences to her team mates.
I wasn't happy when she left either.

But to wish her to have poor performances because of it is pretty pathetic in my book. To each their own, I suppose.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

But the team really did seem to come together and were much better after she left.

Reaction Score
Best wishes and good health to the young lady... c'est la vie.

Reaction Score
She seemed to indicate that she had lost the love of the game and wasn't having fun. Uconn's high pressure and high visibility is not for everyone. Best wishes to her. She made a very hard decision in a high pressure environment. Not easy for a young woman to do. I hope she has a great career.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I know I am in the tiny minority that thinks a player’s character should be judged by their behavior but since I don’t know any of the players personally that’s all I have to form an opinion.

Last year I saw a player leave her team in the lurch. Her departure essentially gutted an already shorthanded bench, added unnecessary additional pressure on those remaining and significantly impacted the teams chances for another NC. One could argue that the outcome of the ND game may have been different had Walker been available when Dolson had to sit.

Best wishes to a player that leaves the team during the off season but you’ll have to excuse me for not jumping on the “she’s a great kid” bandwagon when it comes to Walker.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I know I am in the tiny minority that thinks a player’s character should be judged by their behavior but since I don’t know any of the players personally that’s all I have to form an opinion.

Last year I saw a player leave her team in the lurch. Her departure essentially gutted an already shorthanded bench, added unnecessary additional pressure on those remaining and significantly impacted the teams chances for another NC. One could argue that the outcome of the ND game may have been different had Walker been available when Dolson had to sit.

Best wishes to a player that leaves the team during the off season but you’ll have to excuse me for not jumping on the “she’s a great kid” bandwagon when it comes to Walker.

No one asked you to wish her well. But to wish her to have poor performances is, well, pathetic.

Reaction Score

I'm not sure that's the way it went down.

It seemed more like Geno forced the issue and she left. If he hadn't, it's more likely she would've stayed the year. Which is not to say I'm blaming Geno. I think he correctly assessed that her heart wasn't it, and he realized that was bad for team chemistry. Dolson certainly seemed to respond and focus more after that.

Had she stayed the season, I firmly believe it's more likely Walker's unhappiness would've hurt the team, than her presence on the court would've helped it.

Reaction Score
It seemed to me like this was a variation on the Britt Hunter story. Her parents were in love with a school and she went along with it, even though she had some misgivings about it. Then she got there and her fears were confirmed and she was unhappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom