Sam Cassell Jr. | The Boneyard

Sam Cassell Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are we sleeping on this kid? I mean any guard to be recruited by Ollie has to have Div 1 skills. The season is underway and we still don't have much to say about him. I think we have a secret weapon on our team.

DHam, Purvis and Lubun have had their own threads but not Sam. Well he's to you Sam!

Other than having an NBA father what do we know about him? Linky

Reaction Score
He had previously committed to Maryland but didn't qualify.

Reaction Score
Yeah what Palatine said. He signed with Maryland so I would have to assume he is higher level D1 talent.

Reaction Score
Are we sleeping on this kid? I mean any guard to be recruited by Ollie has to have Div 1 skills. The season is underway and we still don't have much to say about him. I think we have a secret weapon on our team.

DHam, Purvis and Lubun have had their own threads but not Sam. Well he's to you Sam!

I haven't seen much on anyone to this point with practices being closed basically. I'm really looking forward to seeing with the eyeball test what skills these new players have. So little by little we will get an idea, tonight, exhibition then lower div I competition and then big time wars. We will have a lot more info in about 8-10 weeks on their plusses and minuses, but anyone KO takes has something for sure. Psyched for tonight!

Reaction Score
We know that he looks less like his father and more like Greg Monroe

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The phrases you are hearing around Sam all point to him as a game manager:

High IQ
Mature
Old Man Game
Gets to the spot on the floor he wants every time at his own pace

We are so deep at the 1-3 that KO can make minutes exclusively about who is working hardest at the defensive end. That's a great luxury.

Reaction Score

This was posted on another thread but worth posting here just in case people missed it.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...-cassell-jr-may-be-the-shot-maker-uconn-needs

Reaction Score
I'm going to assume that's a mistake, because it's definitely impossible.

Reaction Score
Rothstein and now Tim Welsh have said he will start with Rodney and Boat............he must be impressing some!

Reaction Score
Not saying he will be as good as them, but I think just like the Kemba & Bazz recruitments where they were landed as backup plans, Cassell Jr will yield the better return over some of the other more highly regarded(by the recruiting svcs) options the staff was recruiting.

Reaction Score
Rothstein and now Tim Welsh have said he will start with Rodney and Boat..he must be impressing some!

He must've been incredibly impressive yesterday in practice, because Rothstein and Welsh were both there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom