Sam Cassell Jr. video evalution | The Boneyard

Sam Cassell Jr. video evalution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We've already heard he can fill it up scoring wise, but it's good to hear he is doing a great job distributing as well. I'm really looking forward to seeing him, Purvis and D-ham next year.

Reaction Score
That is a nice looking step back. Good range. Would love to see more dimes.

Reaction Score
So good to see a player video that isn't full of dunks. As Mau said, Sam has that step back jumper down ala Kemba and Bazz. I like that he is a few years older. It is going to be difficult replacing Bazz but next years team has a lot of promise. It would be great to land a Div. 1 big man. Jessie Govan: we have a spot for you!

Reaction Score
Love his step back ability…like someone he knows very well, great separation. Thanks

He definitely has the step back like his old man, but does he have the big balls dance down?

sam_cassell_main.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He seems pretty well rounded. It will be interesting how long it takes him to adjust to Div. 1 game speed.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That reporter has done his homework. Wish he was announcing the UConn games instead of Welsh or Patrick.

Have the suspended players returned to the Chipola roster? I would imagine SC has had to take on more of the scoring load with those suspensions.

Reaction Score
Our backcourt just keeps getting better and better. Napier may be irreplacable, but the aggregate just may make a difference. That's in Purvis, Cassell, Boatright, Samuel, Calhoun, and now Facey.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Our backcourt just keeps getting better and better. Napier may be irreplacable, but the aggregate just may make a difference. That's in Purvis, Cassell, Boatright, Samuel, Calhoun, and now Facey.
Facey has been showing some flashes when he gets in vs. bad teams, but let's hold off on this a bit. Dude has made as many 3s as Tyler Olander has this season. Granted, he hasn't had the PT to try many, but I'll believe it when I see more than one.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Does Cassell have three years or two years of eligibility with UCONN?
Three years although he's coming in with the age of a Pitt player because last season he studied at his school and DNP. He'll be a junior age wise, (not sure about academics) with three years of eligibility. The question is if he'll play his fourth year at UConn or go to grad school some where else.

Reaction Score
Three years although he's coming in with the age of a Pitt player because last season he studied at his school and DNP. He'll be a junior age wise, (not sure about academics) with three years of eligibility. The question is if he'll play his fourth year at UConn or go to grad school some where else.

He gets three years of eligibility in college, not just UConn. He can't play three years at UConn and then transfer to get another year of eligibility.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
He gets three years of eligibility in college, not just UConn. He can't play three years at UConn and then transfer to get another year of eligibility.
I understand this. I was answering the poster. You worded it better. He has three years of college eligibility would have been the answer, but he might graduate after two years.

Reaction Score
From my commitment article about him:

Cassell Jr. himself will only have three years of eligibility once he gets to UConn. However, he will be coming in very experienced. He did the normal four years of high school and attended Notre Dame Prep for a post grad year. Coming out of Notre Dame Prep he committed to Maryland, however he was ruled academically ineligible. The NCAA wouldn't accept some "core classes" that he took while at Notre Dame Prep. After being ruled ineligible he enrolled at Chipola Junior College. He decided to redshirt his first year and will be back on the court this year. So technically he will be arriving at UConn as the same age as a college senior but with three years of eligibility left.

Reaction Score
I understand this. I was answering the poster. You worded it better. He has three years of college eligibility would have been the answer, but he might graduate after two years.

Ok, I see your point. It will be interesting to see how many credits UConn accepts from Chipola. He may still be considered a sophomore academically at UConn.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
So technically he will be arriving at UConn as the same age as a college senior but with three years of eligibility left.
So we get a turn with a Sam Young!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32