Salt Lake Tribune says BYU to Big East in day or two | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Salt Lake Tribune says BYU to Big East in day or two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ok, this started as a joke, but since you can't be a man and just admit when you're wrong, here's the proof.

The internet is a wonderful thing. Quick 5 minute search and I can bring up your words exactly.

I was wrong about the "wingnut" part, instead you were telling me to STFU, the name-calling was from a different conversation, i forget sometimes how mature you can be.

You also put words in my mouth because I never said anything about TCU. Some Big 12 schools were basically asking into the Big East before TCU left, we should have merged then. That was my point that, despite it's simplicity, sailed over your head like a Teggart game winning field goal.

I looked up that thread too Wingnut.

Your original assertion is wrong, I never mocked you for wanting to add BYU and Boise as you stated....I wanted you to STFU because you were knocking people for being excited about the additions of SMU and Houston. Here are your posts:

I understand the need to add Houston and SMU. I don't understand why people would be excited about these teams, think this will lock up our BCS status, be a long term fix, save the conference, or.......mean UConn would turn down the ACC.
I'm not excited about SMU or Houston (or ECU). The TX schools are a reminder we missed out on TCU. They aren't near the top of the wish list even in the state of TX, Baylor & TCU are.

Now why don't you man-up and admit you are a flaming idiot...and to steal a quote from Calhoun, Get some facts and then come back and see me.​

Reaction Score
When TCU and Boise play a tougher schedule, week in and week out, your going to see a different result. There are no weeks off in the BE and Big 12 compared to their current schedule.

With that said their new AQ status should help pretty quickly.

Reaction Score
I looked up that thread too Wingnut.

Your original assertion is wrong, I never mocked you for wanting to add BYU and Boise as you stated....I wanted you to STFU because you were knocking people for being excited about the additions of SMU and Houston. Here are your posts:

Now why don't you man-up and admit you are a flaming idiot...and to steal a quote from Calhoun, Get some facts and then come back and see me.​

Nice cut and paste job. You left this part out.

I'm excited about BSU and UCF. I'm happy about the possibility of Navy, and very happy with BYU, if we can get them.

or this one from another thread:
FWIW, I'm pretty much in agreement. I'd rather BYU than Air Force, but prefer Navy over Temple.

However, I don't think we get BSU without Air Force, and we don't get Air Force without Navy. If I'm right about that, then we need to sign the service acadamies

or this one

Waylon says UMass should be on the list, and left out Boise State. That's our best option?

We should have went after Baylor, ISU, and the Kansas schools when he had the chance and the Big 12 was faltering.

Now we need to act in a position of strength and go after BYU, Boise, UCF and Navy first and foremost.

Temple, ECU, Houston, SMU, they can wait. We need schools the computers like and those schools fit the bill.

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/uconn-is-never-getting-invited-to-the-acc.4060/page-2#post-46301

Like I said, I was just kidding (didn't see the winking smiley face). I think it's funny how often you call me names, and here we are, on the verge of signing 4 of the teams I said we should be going after.

For the record, I said BYU, Boise, UCF, and Navy.

You said UMass and who gives a who else. LOL.

There are the facts. Thanks for playing, have a nice day.

Reaction Score
They had a link to the full story on the SLC paper's website, but it's been taken down I think.

Great news if true!...
I highly doubt any news about any teams joining the Big East in Football. This league is a house of cards and everyone knows it. My guess is your subject line should read..."Salt Lake Tribune says FYU to Big East in day or two".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom