Sagan disqualified from Tour | The Boneyard

Sagan disqualified from Tour

Reaction Score
Bad decision IMHO. Cav used his head first and Sagan reacted. I've seen Cav do this before and crash.

I agree. Cav tried to make a move and there wasn't enough room. The decision surprised me, even the TV announcers didn't think Sagan did anything wrong.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
So I used to follow @digger_forum on twitter a while ago, he's kind of an extremist anti-anybody-even-tangentially-associated-with-doping which was fun when Armstrong had his fall and the Skybots were supposedly clean. When someone has a big attack in the mountains you know a bunch of tweeps will analyze the power to weight ratios and compare it to the dirty days of Lance and Basso and Ulrich. I stopped following after he was saying the reduced suspension deal that Zabriskie and those guys took for testifying against Armstrong, Bruyneel etc was too lenient.

Anyway I looked at his feed to see what he was saying about this year's close finish, with like 5 guys close to Froome on yellow,no signs of suspicious power output... and he was whining about the alpine stages being boring with not enough attacking. LOL... what do you want, a clean race with short attacks and a tight leaderboard or big unbelievable attacks? Pick one.

Anyway, I was hoping for Bardet to threaten somehow on the TT but he needed to have the yellow before today plus a minute or two, he was never going to beat Froome starting from behind. But a dramatic TT to hang on to third by a second. (And nice setup in Marseille with the starting and finishing line inside a stadium).

Very happy to see my team, Slipstream-Chipotle-Garmin-Transitions-Sharp-Cannondale-Drapac surprise everyone and put Rigo Uran on the podium in 2nd place. Smallest budget in the World Tour. Pretty amazing. And they signed a new sponsor to at least secure a couple more years, but it sounds like they're still hunting for a title sponsor to increase the budget to to the level of the other teams, if not Sky.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't know what to think about this year's Tour.

Basically, Froome gained a little bit of time in the time trials and then used his team to defend for three weeks. He gained 1:16 against Uran in the two time trials and lost about 20 seconds to him otherwise.

I like Froome - he's a street fighter on a bike, but this was definitely a victory for a large budget over a small budget.

Great news on the Vuelta today...Froome, Bardet, Aru, Uran, Contador, Nibali and Zakarin are all expected to race. That will be epic.

Reaction Score
I just saw this thread and watched the entire tour. I don't like Cav at all and the tour giving Sagan the boot was just plain wrong. The commentators were great on this topic. I agree with Fishy, I respect Froome, great cyclist and always very professional. I don't like Team Sky. I don't think Froome was the best cyclist but he had the best team. The tour is the tour but it also made me wonder just how important is a podium finish when the 4th place rider misses the podium by 1 second, and there seemed to be no challenge on the final stage. I wanted it to go to Bardet, but just wondering.

Kittel was a beast until he abandoned and Greipel seems to have lost his edge. It would have been great to see Matthews and Sagan battle for intermediate sprint points.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom