Sadie Edwards to transfer | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sadie Edwards to transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Bummer to see her go but... she was last on the depth chart not including the walk ons. I wish we had more chances to see her play - I'm not sure if she has potential or not. But better to go now and have 3.5 years elig left wherever she lands.

Like most kids who leave UCONN, they do NOT go to another top 10 school - and I don't imagine Sadie will either. Walker was an exception, but she left for intensely personal reasons that had very little to do with PT or any issues with her status on the team. Others who have left have gone to Wisconsin, PSU, BCU, Delaware, and NC State (Goring).

But my point is the kids who wanted more PT (Johnson, Engeln, Banks and now Edwards) have all transferred to non top 25 programs. This way they are able to grow at their own pace AND earn a bunch of PT where they never would have gotten it at UCONN.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
What other schools did she consider before she picked UConn? I wonder if she'd be interested in transferring to Rutgers, considering she did go to HS in Jersey.

And I believe we do have a scholarship open.

Transfers don't happen very often to you guys, so this is kind of surprising.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm not sure, but I believe Sadie will actually have 2-1/2 seasons left. I think the same was true for Samarie. If she leaves at the end of the semester, she'll be eligible by next December. But she has used up the 2014-15 season, and spring 2016 will use up the 2015-16 season. She gets only 4 seasons total.

StamfordHusky et al. know more definitively.

Reaction Score
The reality is very very few players will make it to the next level at WNBA in the long run, and the one that makes it are the very elite, yes even at UConn which supposedly recruit the creme of the crop. So as a college recruit who is not among the super elite with future WNBA potential you have 2 choices, stay in an elite program with little playing time and may be get a chance of a national championship and getting a quality free education while you are at it, or go to a lower quality program and get the playing time you want, but still w/o much hope of getting to the next level. For most players, college will be the end of their basketball playing career.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm not totally surprised given the lack of PT, but I thought Sadie had the skill and ability to succeed in time. Best wishes to her.

Reactions: HGN
Reaction Score
Personally, I have a lot of respect for any player who would rather play and contribute, than sit on the bench for a National champion. There is a growing list of players who have transferred from UConn and made a positive contribution to their new team.
Good points. The fact that she was so well-traveled in her high school career probably didn't help. She may have just considered it easier to move on.

Reaction Score
I believe Geno and staff sat down and told her what's best for her and her future because this was Sadie dream school only a freshman plenty of time to develope 7 games into the season anything can happen where she earned playing time. I think Geno knows something we don't. Maybe like a big time recruit wanting to come to Uconn?????

Reaction Score
If you watch some of her high school interviews, you have to be super impressed about how well spoken and confident Sadie is for someone so young, for example

Reaction Score
Hmmm. Three high schools in three years, now two colleges in one. Guess the grass is always greener somewhere.

HGN

Reaction Score
Seems like a very nice and pleasant young lady. Sorry to see this and I wish her the best.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure, but I believe Sadie will actually have 2-1/2 seasons left. I think the same was true for Samarie. If she leaves at the end of the semester, she'll be eligible by next December. But she has used up the 2014-15 season, and spring 2016 will use up the 2015-16 season. She gets only 4 seasons total.

StamfordHusky et al. know more definitively.
The year you sit out doesn't count. She will have 3 1/2 seasons left. It's the same reason Butler will get to play at UConn for 3 seasons after playing one at Georgetown and sitting this one out.

Reaction Score
So Sadie mentioned in the youtube video clip above that she got offer from UK, Louisville, Tenn, ND.
Really ? If that's true, may be she is better than I thought.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
What other schools did she consider before she picked UConn? I wonder if she'd be interested in transferring to Rutgers, considering she did go to HS in Jersey.

Georgetown, Louisville, Miami, Michigan, according to Full Court.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
The year you sit out doesn't count. She will have 3 1/2 seasons left. It's the same reason Butler will get to play at UConn for 3 seasons after playing one at Georgetown and sitting this one out.
She has used one season of eligibility and has 3 left not 31/2. If she chooses to begin play in the second half of next year when she has sat out 1 year that 1/2 season will consume her second season of eligibility. For her to play 3 full seasons more she will need to sit out through all of next season and begin play again in the fall of 2016.

Reaction Score
UCONN is a very tough place to get PT if you are average in ability.........Wish you well Sadie.

Reaction Score
She has used one season of eligibility and has 3 left not 31/2. If she chooses to begin play in the second half of next year when she has sat out 1 year that 1/2 season will consume her second season of eligibility. For her to play 3 full seasons more she will need to sit out through all of next season and begin play again in the fall of 2016.
Thanks for the clarification.

Reaction Score
I believe she will have 3 1/2 yrs of eligibility remaining.

At most, she has three full years of eligibility if she sits out all of next season. If she chooses to play as soon as she becomes eligible next January, then she will have 2 1/2 years of eligibility.

Reaction Score
How sad. This was her dream school since forever.

Best wishes and lots of playing time to you, Sadie. I'll miss you.

Reaction Score
At most, she has three full years of eligibility if she sits out all of next season. If she chooses to play as soon as she becomes eligible next January, then she will have 2 1/2 years of eligibility.

Actually she can begin to play at her new school once final exams are over - meaning sometime between December 15th and December 20th. Thus she can play about 75% of a normal schedule next year.

Reaction Score
Actually she can begin to play at her new school once final exams are over - meaning sometime between December 15th and December 20th. Thus she can play about 75% of a normal schedule next year.

True.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
So Sadie mentioned in the youtube video clip above that she got offer from UK, Louisville, Tenn, ND.
Really ? If that's true, may be she is better than I thought.

Because getting an offer from UCONN does not prove that you're a good player?

Reaction Score
the article is short and sweet:

"Sadie is a great kid who will be missed by the coaching staff and her teammates," Auriemma said. "Getting to know Sadie and her family has been a pleasure but she has voiced her desire to play more and we have come to the mutual agreement that this can best be accomplished at a different school. I wish Sadie nothing but the best in the future."

She will apparently transfer after final exams. There is no word as of yet to where she is going.....unless someone has heard....
Maybe this is an opportunity for Jen and U of H to land a talented kid with in state roots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom