Sad news. Ozzie Nelson | The Boneyard

Sad news. Ozzie Nelson

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Very sad news to report. DD (DoggieDaddy) has asked me to pass along that our own Ozzie Nelson (my understanding Cornelius Meyers) passed away on Monday from a massive heart attack. Ozzie was always one of the good guys on here. He will certainly be missed.

RIP Ozzie.

JS

Reaction Score
I'll remember Ozzie not only as a nice guy, as others have said -- a label so true it was bestowed as his avatar sub-title.

I'll also remember him as a tireless advocate for young people, players in particular.

In response to harsh criticism of players, he had an empathetic knack for supplying perspective.

He persistently reminded old curmudgeons, if they could summon up the remaining brain cells in their calcified memory banks, what it was like to be young.

R.I.P. Ozzie. Simply put, a good person.

Reaction Score
Rest in peace. And condolences to the family re the loss of our Boneyard Brother. Seems to me Ozzie even developed a forum at one point for UCONN musings. A thank you to those who made this news available to us. Stay well one and all.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
People expect old men to die,
They do not really mourn old men.
Old men are different. People look
At them with eyes that wonder when…
People watch with unshocked eyes;
But the old men know when an old man dies.

Ogden Nash

RIP Ozzie. And good luck at your new endeavor.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I only knew Cornelius Meyers as Ozzie Nelson, which means I only knew him on this board. However, always enjoyed his posts and knew there was always going to be a rational, measured response to virtually any subject that I happened to see him engaging on/about.

Prayers and all the best to his family, loved ones and friends. R.I.P. Ozzie, look forward to your overview at some point.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Like many BY'ers I only knew Ozzie through this board, so I googled "Cornelius Meyer, Quinnipiac" and came across a remarkable collection of reviews from his students on RateMyProfessor. Here's just a sample of some of the comments about Ozzie:

- Very intelligent and full of good advise. He expects you to be prepared and to be the best person you can be so don't slack.

- At first I was really intimidated by him. But now I've realized that he really is the nicest man. He really cares about his students.

- It doesn't matter how hard his class is or if he is intimidating. He brings out the best in you.

It surely wasn't a coincidence that Ozzie was a fan of Geno and UConn WBB.
R.I.P

Reaction Score
Sorry to hear about that loss... when I saw the thread at first I do not know why but I thought Ozzie Osborne... I was like... wow... right after Tom Petty... but not...
Sorry to hear about the loyal fan....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom