Sad news. Ozzie Nelson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sad news. Ozzie Nelson

Reaction Score
Meyer, Cornelius

Reproducing in full, which I think is appropriate in this case:
Cornelius Charles Meyer, 75, of Rocky Hill and formerly of Cheshire, passed away on October 2, 2017 at Hartford Hospital. He was the beloved husband of Olita Meyer. Born in Buffalo, N.Y. on August 29, 1942, he was the son of the late Cornelius and Mildred (Roth) Meyer. He attained his B.S. in Psychology at SUNY Buffalo, his M.S. at Connecticut College and his Ph.D. from the University of Waterloo, and went on to work as a Professor at Quinnipiac University for over 41 memorable years. Dr. Meyer developed the Psychobiology Program at Quinnipiac, and was well published, including the professional journals Nature and Science. Cornelius enjoyed yearly baseball trips with his sons and was a fan of the Boston Red Sox and the UConn Women’s Basketball team. Most importantly, he will be remembered as a devoted and loving family man. He will be sadly missed but always remembered by his beloved wife Olita; sons, Jesse and his wife Rebecca Meyer of Colchester, and Aaron and his wife Jaimie Meyer of Wilton; four grandchildren, Madeline, Casey, Shane, and Jonah; and numerous extended family and friends. A memorial service will be held on Saturday, October 7, at 2 p.m. at the Cheshire Congregational Church, 111 Church Dr., Cheshire, Conn. The Aurora-McCarthy Funeral Home of Colchester has been entrusted with care of these arrangements. For online condolences, please visit www.auroramccarthyfuneralhome.com.

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 10.20.45 AM.png

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
This is sad to hear.

While most of you know him as a boneyarder, I have known of him for many years. He and I both contributed to some online discussion forums so long ago I don't remember exactly when but probably in the 80s. We became online friends but never met in person until we met at a UConn game in Hartford. We had both use pseudonyms in the online forums, so I still remember when he came up to me and said, "are you ____?". I'm sure I did a double take, as we both confirmed that we knew each other.

That's a great photo of him, I know how proud he was of his son

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Very sad news to report. DD (DoggieDaddy) has asked me to pass along that our own Ozzie Nelson (my understanding Cornelius Meyers) passed away on Monday from a massive heart attack. Ozzie was always one of the good guys on here. He will certainly be missed.

RIP Ozzie.
Very sorry to hear this sad news. Always enjoyed Ozzie's upbeat and insightful posts. R.I.P. Cornelius.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I took it on the chin more than a few times from Oz's rapier wit.
My perspective drove him nuts...

Still, I'd much, much rather have him around; a unique voice
I miss him already.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog