Sad attempt at firing ‘for cause’ | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sad attempt at firing ‘for cause’

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I think the sign is "If you go 5-34 in the ACC we will try to not pay you for future seasons."

I think most coaches might expect that, contract or otherwise.

Of course, try is the operative word.

"Neon signs you say", says Mark Emmett after hearing about the Hwy 91 sign which reads UCONN ❤ DH & Lebron!

Reaction Score
You're off the mark here.
Yeah, I know. Ollie isn’t going to volintarily leave money on the table. To him it is a business deal and if they want him out he will want to get paid. You can bet your a $$ he won’t get all weepy about bleeding blue and leave money on the table. But the weeping Willas in our fan base are practically in tears because “family” might get fired after the most disastrous stretch of play since Burr Carlson ran the show.

Reaction Score
He's not owed anything if he breached the contract. Given how broadly just cause is defined, he almost certainly did.
Eh, seems just as lame as Pitts attempt.

He had to go. Giving him that ridiculous buyout is the real crime here. Benedict is being lauded as a hero, I think he needs to do better than painting us into a corner. Will be interested to see who he hires.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Eh, seems just as lame as Pitts attempt.

He had to go. Giving him that ridiculous buyout is the real crime here. Benedict is being lauded as a hero, I think he needs to do better than painting us into a corner. Will be interested to see who he hires.
Not sure how AD painted is into a corner. If you are talking about the buyout, that is on WM and Sue.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
If that is true, then yeah, he painted us into a corner. I have just always heard this was a Warde doing.

What we all “heard” was Benedict trying to cover his keister in case it didn’t work out.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
if we get out of this by paying a reduced buyout or forgoing it all together then no harm no foul.

Yes, but I want that to be finalized before I start singing his praises again.

Reaction Score
If you want to lose 18 games and recruit part-time, don’t put the school under an NCAA investigation.

Fortunately, Ollie’s shortcomings are not a secret.
I get he had to go but it looks similar to the Pitt stallings thing.

Reaction Score
We don’t know what rules KO broke but it’s a reasonable negotiating tactic for the buyout. KO leaves our program financially independent and on his feet with a National championship. We are grateful to him.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I get he had to go but it looks similar to the Pitt stallings thing.

Are you kidding?

Pitt is trying to avoid paying $10,000,000 because Kevin Stallings talked back to a fan.

UConn is trying to avoid paying $10,000,000 because the head coach has put the program under an NCAA investigation.

These things are not the same.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

This is the message they’re sending to potential coaching prospects.

“We will give you a contract that we will try to get out of if you don’t win.”

Good luck, kids!
Is that a better or worse message that "the job pays $350,000 but comes with a Ford Taurus with the 1st 10,000 miles free?"

I'm going with better.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They're clearly trying to not pay him the money he is contractually entitled to. It will be interesting to see what the actual cause is.
No, if he can be fired for cause, then he's not entitled to the money.

I love the argument that the university has to respect contractual provision that favor KO, but not contractual provisions that favor the university. Anyone see the inconsistency in that argument?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom