Sacreds at My Bar | The Boneyard

Sacreds at My Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm so committed to the cause I bought a bar 2 weeks ago.
Seriously, though, I bought a bar. A cozy little dive bar in a rednecky NW Pennsylvania town with one traffic light. I suppose that some would say it was a mid life crisis. Not really. Practicing law is just mind numbing.

I digress.

To the point. RR was on tap when I arrived. Sacreds were in the cooler.

Mark it down. If we get past the Sweet 16 I will literally restrict all alcohol sales to Sacreds for the EE, FF, and NC games.

Don't ask what UConn basketball has done for you . . . Ask . . . .

Reaction Score
chap speak via Mondolfo Bratislava

youtube:" 2010 Danbury Memorial Day Parade" to use 108:04 clip

advance to 52:45 marker, in turret of half track following 6 wheel armored car

comprenez-vous? merci beaucoup

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My local watering hole ran out of the sacreds before the ISU game. I had a 6-pack in the trunk and the owner let me BYOB for the game. I offered to pay corkage but he told me to "get outta here."

Reaction Score
Seriously, though, I bought a bar. A cozy little dive bar in a rednecky NW Pennsylvania town with one traffic light. I suppose that some would say it was a mid life crisis. Not really. Practicing law is just mind numbing.

I digress.

Mark it down. If we get past the Sweet 16 I will literally restrict all alcohol sales to Sacreds for the EE, FF, and NC games.

Road trip???? Who's in? Mau?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I digress.

So you are saying free brews at your place for the tourney?

il_570xN.446525186_1sau.jpg

Reaction Score
My local watering hole ran out of the sacreds before the ISU game. I had a 6-pack in the trunk and the owner let me BYOB for the game. I offered to pay corkage but he told me to "get outta here."[/QUOTE

Nice Waq, good stuff. That was clutch on your part.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

I digress.

I've wanted to buy a bar for ages. Not sure why, but something that's always lingered in my mind. Congrats to you.

Reaction Score
I used to own a business brokerage. Bars and nightclubs are tough businesses to operate, as are restaurants, but for the right person, the right concept, and a good location, they can be both fun and profitable.

Reaction Score
I am sure Deep and I spending a couple nights during the tourney would boost you business a lot if not for entertainment alone!

Reaction Score
Thanks for the input guys. The beauty of this bar is that the only other tavern type bar in the area was just sold and bulldozed to make room for a dollar store. There is a moose club and a very small bar nearby, but nothing that directly competes with it. Not going to get rich doing it, but it will be a nice source of income that probably will require 30 hours a week from me. I hit the ground running. Had 4 women ask me to make them - not kidding here - wet on the first night I was bartending. Half peach shnapps, half vodka, dash of cranberry, squeeze of lime. Pretty sure I'll remember that drink recipe the rest of my life. I'm in a massive learning curve right now (from how to work the keg CO2 control to how the DVR works), but it's the kind of place that will generate business just because it's the only game in town. In addition, I've been busting my ass getting into better shape.
I guess ask me in a year. Until then, I've got a place with a good variety of beer and 5 pretty decent TVs to catch this team. I like the team, by the way. Much like many other UConn teams - a bunch of eccentric, initially unstable parts that somehow, beyond physical explanation, come together to make a wonderful whole. Super excited to see Omar playing well.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the input guys. The beauty of this bar is that the only other tavern type bar in the area was just sold and bulldozed to make room for a dollar store. There is a moose club and a very small bar nearby, but nothing that directly competes with it. Not going to get rich doing it, but it will be a nice source of income that probably will require 30 hours a week from me. I hit the ground running. Had 4 women ask me to make them - not kidding here - wet on the first night I was bartending. Half peach shnapps, half vodka, dash of cranberry, squeeze of lime. Pretty sure I'll remember that drink recipe the rest of my life. I'm in a massive learning curve right now (from how to work the keg CO2 control to how the DVR works), but it's the kind of place that will generate business just because it's the only game in town. In addition, I've been busting my ass getting into better shape.
I guess ask me in a year. Until then, I've got a place with a good variety of beer and 5 pretty decent TVs to catch this team. I like the team, by the way. Much like many other UConn teams - a bunch of eccentric, initially unstable parts that somehow, beyond physical explanation, come together to make a wonderful whole. Super excited to see Omar playing well.
Good luck, Cheeky, and keep those wet comin'.

CL82

Reaction Score
Wait, so this is your full time gig now? Big jump man. You've got a brass set on you. Wish you the best.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Last September, my 88 year old aunt offered the parting gift of a bottle of peach schnapps that had been sitting in her basement forever. We were too polite to say, "No thanks," so it's been in our basement for over a year. We had no idea what to do with it. Now, both an idea and the other ingredients on hand, which is not to say that the bottle won't stay in the basement until passed on some day with a suggestion for its use.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Last September, my 88 year old aunt offered the parting gift of a bottle of peach schnapps that had been sitting in her basement forever. We were too polite to say, "No thanks," so it's been in our basement for over a year. We had no idea what to do with it. Now, both an idea and the other ingredients on hand, which is not to say that the bottle won't stay in the basement until passed on some day with a suggestion for its use.
You just missed your chance! It sounds like perfect Yankee Swap gift at the office Christmas party.

Reaction Score
Wait, so this is your full time gig now? Big jump man. You've got a brass set on you. Wish you the best.
No balls required.
Price was cheap. Wife has great job. Keeping part time law practice.
Trying to put 40 in a week at Bar and 20 at law. Should be manageable for 1st year. Then I'll decide what to do.

CL82

Reaction Score
Bar owner/part time lawyer? Sounds like it has sitcom potential! Seriously, good luck with it.

Reaction Score
Bar owner/part time lawyer? Sounds like it has sitcom potential! Seriously, good luck with it.
Seriously, I should take notes. In 2 weeks I've already got enough material for a couple of episodes.

Reaction Score
Would absolutely love to watch a game there sometime this year. How far of a drive from the Hartford area? Did you happen upon a motel in the deal?

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
No balls required.
Price was cheap. Wife has great job. Keeping part time law practice.
Trying to put 40 in a week at Bar and 20 at law. Should be manageable for 1st year. Then I'll decide what to do.

Add ten hours for screen play writing and you might make more money than you originally projected.
Post the address and I'm sure you'll get a few 'yarders passing through.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

For the record, in celebration of today's victory, the peach schnapps has been opened and I have made the firstv2 wet . Too much og a gentleman to offer any more, but happy enough w/the outcome of the game, even if some of the particular (turnovers & free throws except for when they really counted) made me uneasy.

Reaction Score
For the record, in celebration of today's victory, the peach schnapps has been opened and I have made the firstv2 wet . Too much og a gentleman to offer any more, but happy enough w/the outcome of the game, even if some of the particular (turnovers & free throws except for when they really counted) made me uneasy.
Congrats on making the first two wet . Gotta say, no crap, it gives me a thrill when a young hottie looks me dead in the eye, with a bit of a twinkle, and says, "I want you to give me a wet ." Damn.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Either change the name of this fine establishment to "Senhor's" or create a drink called "Senhor's Testiculo" which is essentially rubbing alcohol mixed with Rolling Rock. It'll be a hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom