Sabrina Ionescu, on Stef Dolson | The Boneyard

Sabrina Ionescu, on Stef Dolson

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The UConn women's basketball program and how it continues to produce talented "team" players who get it, can be likened to the current Old Spice commercial where the woman tells the therapist that Old Spice Hand & Body Lotion has her "smoother than ever", and the man says "That's what it does." :cool:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Check out the smile on Stephanies's face!! Beautiful. Nothing like enjoying your " work"!!
Nice supportive, verbal "assist" from Sabrina to the Big Girl!!
Smile / smirk. Like "That is pretty easy"

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Full post game interview with Sabrina doing 90 % of the talking.

Her assessment of Stef is around the 10:00 mark. Much more than the twitter summary

It is clear that Sabrina has taken on completely the general role. So mature and focused.

Reaction Score
She's great. I was really surprised Chicago didn't bring her back, though maybe it was her call. I feel she's one of the more underappreciated players in the W. I know she's not the most athletic, and doesn't have crazy measurables but she's almost the perfect big to me. If she's guarded by someone smaller she has no problem posting up and finishing. But she can also hit from the outside and is a great passer. And she's tough, like she can control the middle defensively. I actually think that's what Chicago is missing this year even if they do manage to comeback in this series. I do hope she makes the national team for the World Cup.

Reaction Score
Agreed. One of the best games I've seen all season. Dolson/Stevens both played excellent basketball too.
During the Liberty's late-game comeback, the two-handed, no-look pass from Marine Johannes to Natasha Howard will be the season's highlight and one-for-the-ages!

Reaction Score
During her time at Uconn, many players on those teams could have said these same words. Yet, it is great to read them from a top player herself. Steff and Stokes formed a barrier few could cross. ND, I believe will remember Steff for a long long time.

Yeah, in their nightmares!!! :D

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Dolson is a pro's pro. She makes the right move at the right time. She doesn't try to force anything, just takes what they give her.
A lot is based on her not getting into foul trouble. She seems to have solved this issue over the last month or so.

Reaction Score
Stef Dolson after her freshman year at UCONN changed not only her game, but her life style!
Changing what she ate, losing a lot of weight and remade herself into an AA!
She's a perfect example of how the UCONN experience molds people as well as basketball players!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A lot is based on her not getting into foul trouble. She seems to have solved this issue over the last month or so.
She really opened my eyes in the playoff game I went to last year. At first, she seemed a bit slow. Then I realized, she always made the right move, always went to the right spot. He shot was dropping and was a big part of beating the Sun off the bench.

Reaction Score
Stef Dolson after her freshman year at UCONN changed not only her game, but her life style!
Changing what she ate, losing a lot of weight and remade herself into an AA!
She's a perfect example of how the UCONN experience molds people as well as basketball players!
With your walk down memory lane: Few seem (I said seem) to remember STEF DOLSON, as a freshman was force to try to defend 6 ft 6 in Griner in about her 3rd game in College? What an indoctrination to college play. Then, ND had some serious teams with serious posts and driving guards--and Stef was thrown at the wolves. Those were games BASKETBALL lovers, loved.
As the Freshman this past season found, Geno uses what he has, when he has it. And I'm sure they felt as Step did 10 years ago. The experiences she had at Uconn for 4 years molded her into the great player seen in the W.
I almost called upon you when I asked in a thread, over NIKA, what would a coach do. I forgot how to spell your name. Thanks Coach.

Reaction Score
She's great. I was really surprised Chicago didn't bring her back, though maybe it was her call. I feel she's one of the more underappreciated players in the W. I know she's not the most athletic, and doesn't have crazy measurables but she's almost the perfect big to me. If she's guarded by someone smaller she has no problem posting up and finishing. But she can also hit from the outside and is a great passer. And she's tough, like she can control the middle defensively. I actually think that's what Chicago is missing this year even if they do manage to comeback in this series. I do hope she makes the national team for the World Cup.
Touting my own horn as Chicago got knocked out of the post season. Dolson would've helped.

Reaction Score
Yeah, in their nightmares!!! :D

During Dolson's UConn career ND had a stretch where they won 6 of 7 against the Huskies. That's the best run they ever had vs UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom