Sabally to declare for WNBA Draft | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sabally to declare for WNBA Draft

Reaction Score
I sure have loved this team the past four years. First we lost Maite though Then Sabrina and Ruthy were seniors which foreshadowed the inevitable. Now Satou.
But that’s college ball. You move on.
In a contrary way I’m kind of excited to see how next years roster shakes out. The Ducks are loaded with talent and just a matter of chemistry going forward. Gonna be fun. Don’t forget Coach Graves first got them to the elite 8 starting 3 freshmen, a Sophomore,and a junior.

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Chavez is the real deal, the others are supporting players. I am curious about Nyara as she's been hurt for two years now. Sedona may never be the projected player that those thought she would be coming out of HS.

Definitely a lot of what ifs in Oregon. Prince/Sabally are total wild cards. From footage both look really really good though. Prince looks as coordinated as any 6-7 player I've seen. Was a strong athlete too and a good knack for finishing around the basket. Not sure how much you can read into it, but with people said Nyara would be better than Satou. She's a little taller and more of an interior player. Both are essentially third year freshmen though coming off injuries.

Chavez is a stud. Boley I think is a good player who will thrive taking on a larger role. She ain't Satou or Sabrina but she's a good scorer and could break out with the other 4 starters graduating.

Oregon's freshman class is good too and fills a lot of holes. The roster is going to be extremely young but they're a talented bunch. Graves is also one of the stronger coaches in the country so I think they'll be good if either Prince/Sabally live up to the hype.

Reaction Score
Boley has same option to go WNBA this year.
Boley is staying.

Boley does not room with any of the active players this year but will room with Lydia Giomi next year. She did a summer internship with Nike last year and they want to hire her full time after graduation if she wishes. She will graduate end of next year with a major in product design and minor in architecture. See last 15 minutes of video here.

Oregon WBB

Also the 12:30 to 17:00 mark on above video is interesting to follow

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I sure have loved this team the past four years. First we lost Maite though Then Sabrina and Ruthy were seniors which foreshadowed the inevitable. Now Satou.
But that’s college ball. You move on.
In a contrary way I’m kind of excited to see how next years roster shakes out. The Ducks are loaded with talent and just a matter of chemistry going forward. Gonna be fun. Don’t forget Coach Graves first got them to the elite 8 starting 3 freshmen, a Sophomore,and a junior.

Side note--it is pretty cool how a lot of the all time great players just find a way to win collegiately even against big odds. 10 seed Oregon with Sabrina as a freshman making the Elite 8, Griner getting to the Final Four as a freshman as a 4 seed, Holdsclaw leading 10 loss Tennessee to a title, Stiles leading SWMS to a Final Four as a 5 seed, Kristi Toliver hitting "The Shot", Whalen leading 7 seed Minnesota to the Final Four etc. A lot of these situations seem like a fluke or situational Cinderella run at first glance and then later on you realize it was a player early in her career creating her greatness.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kelly Graves interview wiht John Canzano after the Sabally announcement. He is very upbeat and supportive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom