s Kemba's tourney run the best of the 2000's? | The Boneyard

s Kemba's tourney run the best of the 2000's?

Reaction Score
my 2nd crush

my first was iverson., had to get a tattoo after he got one

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'll also post Kornheiser's questions he asked that year, "Is Kemba Walker the best tournament player ever? Look at his stats."

Gotta go with Alcinder or Walton for best tourney player ever.

Reaction Score
Shabazz?
This is not a dis on SN but this board disrespects his teammates too much.
He was clearly the leader and star on what became a great team especially shooting the ball. It was the best UConn 3pt shooting team in the decade and maybe even ever.
Down big against Villanova SN sat and the team fought back without him to even by halftime. They were junior and senior dominated with a lot of confidence in themselves. Maybe even a tad cocky.
Kemba was the heart and soul of the 2011 team
If Kemba sat for 5 minutes that team would have fadded like a cheap suit in the Arizona summer sun. Bazz got him off the ball at times but Kemba rarely sat. JC knew what would happen. They were just kids whose strength came from his presence, which made what he accomplished extremely rare.

Reaction Score
YES... and it is not even close.

I will ask again - is Kemba's 11-game run through the Big East Tournament and the NCAA Tournament the greatest post season run in NCAA history EVER? I say yes to that, as well.

Yes, Bill Walton's 44 points in the 1973 title game versus Memphis, on 21 of 22 shooting no less, is probably the most impressive single championship game feat. But his team only had to win 4 total games to win the title, and he averaged 16 points per game in the other 3 games. Also 15 rebounds per game... Yes, he was excellent, borderline dominant (obviously dominant in the championship game).

But Kemba was TRANSCENDENT. Not only did he make big play after big play after big play during that stretch, he was also the unquestioned leader of that team. The weight of that team, and our entire fanbase, was on his shoulders. He lifted them and us to a height that only he could have made happen.

5 wins in 5 nights, including back-to-back-to-back wins over ranked Pitt, Syracuse and Louisville? And then following it up with a 6-game run to the National Title? Not even Danny Manning's title run in 1988 with his "Danny and the Miracles" team at Kansas tops it.

The single greatest postseason/tournament run in men's college basketball history happened in 2011, right before our eyes, thanks to Kemba Walker. Period, end of story.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
This is not a dis on SN but this board disrespects his teammates too much.
He was clearly the leader and star on what became a great team especially shooting the ball. It was the best UConn 3pt shooting team in the decade and maybe even ever.
Down big against Villanova SN sat and the team fought back without him to even by halftime. They were junior and senior dominated with a lot of confidence in themselves. Maybe even a tad cocky.
Kemba was the heart and soul of the 2011 team
If Kemba sat for 5 minutes that team would have fadded like a cheap suit in the Arizona summer sun. Bazz got him off the ball at times but Kemba rarely sat. JC knew what would happen. They were just kids whose strength came from his presence, which made what he accomplished extremely rare.

Kemba's run was definitely more impressive no doubt. Just casually pointing out we had two amazing runs.

Reaction Score

I will ask again - is Kemba's 11-game run through the Big East Tournament and the NCAA Tournament the greatest post season run in NCAA history EVER? I say yes to that, as well.

Yes, Bill Walton's 44 points in the 1973 title game versus Memphis, on 21 of 22 shooting no less, is probably the most impressive single championship game feat. But his team only had to win 4 total games to win the title, and he averaged 16 points per game in the other 3 games. Also 15 rebounds per game... Yes, he was excellent, borderline dominant (obviously dominant in the championship game).

But Kemba was TRANSCENDENT. Not only did he make big play after big play after big play during that stretch, he was also the unquestioned leader of that team. The weight of that team, and our entire fanbase, was on his shoulders. He lifted them and us to a height that only he could have made happen.

5 wins in 5 nights, including back-to-back-to-back wins over ranked Pitt, Syracuse and Louisville? And then following it up with a 6-game run to the National Title? Not even Danny Manning's title run in 1988 with his "Danny and the Miracles" team at Kansas tops it.

The single greatest postseason/tournament run in men's college basketball history happened in 2011, right before our eyes, thanks to Kemba Walker. Period, end of story.
A+

Reaction Score
Taking a team filled with freshmen and sophs that was ranked 70th preseason and running on fumes at the end of the year...and then going on that 11 game run? That will never be duplicated again.
Kemba is a god.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Quite a few here not only watched the 11 games, but also participated in the Makers Muppet thread on the immediate predecessor to this version of The Boneyard. That too was the best ever

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Considering the OP was asking about the best run of the 2000's, I don't think Manning qualifies.
Unless he's answering Kornheiser's question. Has there ever been a player that has put up Kemba's numbers in a preseason tournament, conference tournament, and the NCAA tournament and won all three?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Has any other player ever led his team to a 14-0 record in win-or-go-home tourney games in one season?
And put up the numbers he did with that young of a team

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom