S.I. comes out with 1012-13 pre-season picks! | The Boneyard

S.I. comes out with 1012-13 pre-season picks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That's a big oh gun to jump.

But it do give us something to talk about. :)

Reaction Score
I can't see the Louisville women in the Final Four next season. What I can see is jennyo70 and the other 10 Cards message boad posters soon talking about it as an accomplished fact.

Good luck.

This is a team that lost to Rutgers last year and was drubbed by injury-hampered DePaul. They have had serious problems keeping any centers on the roster, off the injured list, or from buying bus tickets out of town. Even if they land Mercedes Russell, that's a year away.

I can't believe that such an unproven commodity as Louisville is being touted as Final Four material. No way.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
Now 1066, that was a big year...but before UCONN WBB had really hit its stride!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Vikings were always a dominant offensive team but never given much to defense. Their road record was amazing and really impressive. Their offense was an all out attack that frequently went bezerker.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Does anyone know Stewart's exact height? I did see her standing next to another player at the all-start game and she did look shorter than I have read.

"the Huskies welcome two recruits with All-America potential: 6-3 forward Breanna Stewart"

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Does anyone know Stewart's exact height? I did see her standing next to another player at the all-start game and she did look shorter than I have read.

"the Huskies welcome two recruits with All-America potential: 6-3 forward Breanna Stewart"

Maybe someone will quote my post so this wonderful poster will be able to see it.

Stewart is listed at either 6'3" or 6'4" in most reports. I think 6'4" is more likely. Here is a picture from last years U19 USA team with her standing next to 6'3" Williams and 6'5" Dolson.

11_wu19_team_500.jpg

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Maybe someone will quote my post so this wonderful poster will be able to see it.

Stewart is listed at either 6'3" or 6'4" in most reports. I think 6'4" is more likely. Here is a picture from last years U19 USA team with her standing next to 6'3" Williams and 6'5" Dolson.

11_wu19_team_500.jpg

Happy to oblige so that there's no uncertainty over this critical issue.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Nice summary in general, but a serious slight to Morgan, who also definitely has AA potential. Laissez les bon temps rouller!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

11_wu19_team_500.jpg
Bre looks to be 6'4" in this pic--a little taller than Elizabeth and almost as tall as Stef.

Reaction Score
Obviously the way people have their hair can affect how tall they look if
you go by the top of their head.

A better measure might be to look at the eyes or mouth. Elizabeth may
have her head tilted back a bit, but even so Breanna looks closer to
Elizabeth than to Stefanie in hieight.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
UConn is scheduled to play 8 games against 7 of SI's preseason Top 10 teams (ND x 2). What other team will play a schedule like this?

1. Baylor
2. UConn
3. Duke
4. Louisville
5. Maryland
6. Kentucky
7. Stanford
8. Penn State
9. Notre Dame
10. Delaware

U

UCONNfan1

UConn is scheduled to play 8 games against 7 of SI's preseason Top 10 teams (ND x 2). What other team will play a schedule like this?
Tennessee wins the SOS title every year. of course, I've not seen any of those particular banners hanging in TBA.

Reaction Score
Obviously the way people have their hair can affect how tall they look if
you go by the top of their head.

A better measure might be to look at the eyes or mouth. Elizabeth may
have her head tilted back a bit, but even so Breanna looks closer to
Elizabeth than to Stefanie in hieight.
I think an even better thing to gage is the level of their shoulders. Then you add the length of their arms to gage their reach. I don't think the height of their head matters much. When has anyone ever shot the ball or blocked a shot with their head?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom