S. Carolina vs. Miss. State game thread... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

S. Carolina vs. Miss. State game thread...

Reaction Score
I've been watching MSU all year on ESPN3, and the thing is, this really is their regular form. Two things. First, SC is just not a good matchup for them. SC is used to the dribble drive and beating teams with strong one-on-one play to and at the rim. MSU used pressure and pass-deny defense to force UConn was to play that same style, and it's just not UConn's game. Second, it really can't be overstated just how poorly the Huskies played on Friday. They laid an egg big time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Man, I was really bummed Friday night. Then I got over it. Now I'm getting bummed again looking at Miss State sucking against an SC team we thumped pretty good. Argh....

Reaction Score
Man, I was really bummed Friday night. Then I got over it. Now I'm getting bummed again looking at Miss State sucking against an SC team we thumped pretty good. Argh....

Gotta agree.

Collier especially should have been able to get to the basket and score pretty easily like SC's wings are doing. She did...she just uncharacteristically missed most of her shots. :(

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Love it. And Larry Bird sure did transfer from Indiana.

In response to your AA question, there may have been a WCBB player in the 80's/early 90s who transferred from La Tech to Old Dominion; May have even been originally from Connecticut; Name eludes me.
after doing some research its.... Tracy Claxton '81-85 Kansas then to ODU

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I saw a graphic that said all four teams that beat UConn in the semi finals LOST in the finals! IOW, beating UConn takes everything out of a team. Impossible to come back and win again.
I seem to recall that Tennessee beat UConn in a semifinal in one of its championship years (1997, I think?).

Also, didn't Notre Dame beat UConn in a semi and then win it all in 2001?

Reaction Score
I seem to recall that Tennessee beat UConn in a semifinal in one of its championship years (1997, I think?).

Also, didn't Notre Dame beat UConn in a semi and then win it all in 2001?

Correct. Stat is right only as of late- '08 Stanford, '11 and '12 ND.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I was just thinking that. There is a lot of standing around...

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Too much "hero ball" for MS right now. They could have cut it to three, but panicked and let SC roll up a few more baskets. This isn't great defense by either team; it's ratty offense by both.

Reaction Score
Wow, didn't have any complaints about the refs on Friday, but every blown call by this team is going in South Carolina's favor.

Vic needs to get William and his daughter into this game now. Time to start hoisting some threes.

Reaction Score
Can't believe they're not double teaming Wilson in the key. Easily the MVP of the final four.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom