S. Carolina, NC State, Texas | Page 3 | The Boneyard

S. Carolina, NC State, Texas

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Dawn said today she’s having a hard time filling up the schedule. NC State and Duke declined to renew the series. We have UConn, Stanford and Maryland. Don’t know who else she’s tried but those are a no go at least for this year. She joked that next year she probably won’t be able to fill everybody’s requests. :rolleyes:
Did she ask Kim Mulkey?

Reaction Score
This really speaks volumes about the Big East coaches that supported UConn’s return. They each end up playing Paige twice.
Paige played 2 big east games not sure what you mean by playing her twice

Reaction Score
Paige played 2 big east games not sure what you mean by playing her twice
Each season, Big East teams play each other twice (mostly). Supporting UConn's return to the conference meant they'd have to play against them ~2x/year. Paige played a bunch of Big East game two years ago. By chance, an injury kept her out of a lot of those games last season. And, of course, I'm just using Paige as an example of what it would mean to the other schools to support UConn's return. The decision to let UConn back into the Big East happened before Paige arrived.

Reaction Score
Each season, Big East teams play each other twice (mostly). Supporting UConn's return to the conference meant they'd have to play against them ~2x/year. Paige played a bunch of Big East game two years ago. By chance, an injury kept her out of a lot of those games last season. And, of course, I'm just using Paige as an example of what it would mean to the other schools to support UConn's return. The decision to let UConn back into the Big East happened before Paige arrived.
with all due respect the big east teams that did well in the tourny last season didn't play Paige twice, has nothing to do with her.

Reaction Score
with all due respect the big east teams that did well in the tourny last season didn't play Paige twice, has nothing to do with her.
Huh? I said nothing about how they did in the tourney. Nor did I claim they all played Paige. I said the coaches who supported UConn’s return to the Big East knew it would mean playing a great team 2 times a year. I was merely reflecting on the contrast between their decision and the occasional difficulty in scheduling OOC games. They recognize that playing UConn would help them make their teams better.

I am impressed by the Big East coaches, not only for their support, but also because several have done a wonderful job with their teams. I think they’re underrated, as Creighton’s run this year suggests.

Reaction Score
Sounds very similar to Geno’s challenge putting together an OOC schedule in 2015-16. While MD, ND, FSU & SC stepped up to the challenge, UConn had to schedule the likes of Chattanooga & Colgate, along with several P5 programs largely in rebuilding mode to fill out their schedule.
I believe that the Colgate Vs UCONN game was B. Stewart's " Senior Game" after Syacuse
declined the request for Stewie's game to be in the Syracuse area ( her hometown region ).
In case your wondering, Ms. Steward and company had a wonderful game in Hamilton, N.Y.,
south of Syracuse in the Chenango Valley.!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I believe that the Colgate Vs UCONN game was B. Stewart's " Senior Game" after Syacuse
declined the request for Stewie's game to be in the Syracuse area ( her hometown region ).
In case your wondering, Ms. Steward and company had a wonderful game in Hamilton, N.Y.,
south of Syracuse in the Chenango Valley.!
Yes, that was mentioned earlier in this thread. I believe Stewie’s parents hosted the entire team for dinner.

Reaction Score
Huh? I said nothing about how they did in the tourney. Nor did I claim they all played Paige. I said the coaches who supported UConn’s return to the Big East knew it would mean playing a great team 2 times a year. I was merely reflecting on the contrast between their decision and the occasional difficulty in scheduling OOC games. They recognize that playing UConn would help them make their teams better.

I am impressed by the Big East coaches, not only for their support, but also because several have done a wonderful job with their teams. I think they’re underrated, as Creighton’s run this year suggests.
The WBB coaches in the Big East had absolutely no say in whether UConn was let back in to the Big East I assure you.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The WBB coaches in the Big East had absolutely no say in whether UConn was let back in to the Big East I assure you.
There were lots of moving parts to UConn’s return to the BE. Geno was adamant in his disappointment with the contract that the AAC signed with ESPN, cutting out SNY. Just about every BE WBB coach, most of whom were longtime friends of Geno. were all-in regarding UConn’s return to the conference and they certainly had a say in the decision to move the conference tournament to the Mohegan Sun in CT.

Reaction Score
I heard more outsiders crying about it than Wolfies
I agree more outsiders cried about it, but Wes Moore did utter a comment or two about it... he handled it well come game-time and after the fact.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom