S. Carolina, NC State, Texas | The Boneyard

S. Carolina, NC State, Texas

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That's a pretty tough home OOC slate so far. I'm surprised NC State agreed to it. Please move if this is being discussed in a thread I missed.

Reaction Score
IDGI . Why would a school NOT agree to play UConn- especially one that is trying to establish itself as a top program?
because teams don't want to lose by 40 at home, what kind of message is that sending to the team for the rest of th season? Uconn should only be playing teams that can beat them, what is scheduling a random ooc game at New Mexico going to do for that school? Also I don't expect Nc st to be good this season. Uconn will prob win by 30.

Reaction Score
IDGI . Why would a school NOT agree to play UConn- especially one that is trying to establish itself as a top program?
I think of this as the "Pat Summitt" effect. If she didn't begin this, she at least passed it on: She helped Geno and possibly other upstarts into big time basketball by scheduling them. Love her or hate her and or Tenn. You must acknowledge Geno, and any other top program coach helping "upstarts" is now a historic part of the game. It is the part that makes you feel good about the game.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
That's a pretty tough home OOC slate so far. I'm surprised NC State agreed to it. Please move if this is being discussed in a thread I missed.
Wes Moore is an excellent coach who is looking to raise NC St to the next level. He almost got there this year winning the ACC and coming within an eyelash of making it to the FF in a terrific double-OT game against UConn in the Elite 8. If you want to be the best, you got to beat the best.

Reaction Score
You can’t prepare for March/April unless you play against the teams that will be there in the EE and FF. Coaches know this. Fans appreciate it. SC is in the toughest conference but they also had the toughest OOC schedule last season…….preparation.

Reaction Score
because teams don't want to lose by 40 at home, what kind of message is that sending to the team for the rest of th season? Uconn should only be playing teams that can beat them, what is scheduling a random ooc game at New Mexico going to do for that school? Also I don't expect Nc st to be good this season. Uconn will prob win by 30.
It’s not about “team” and one year. It’s about “prigram” and the long haul. It’s about building fan interest in the program. It’s about building media awareness of your program. It’s about testing your team against the best. It’s about telling recruits that they will have an opportunity to show their talent against the best.

Dawn took some butt whippings from Geno for quite a while, but nobody can deny the value to the SCar program of playing UConn annually. Furthermore, I think our 2017 team learned a lot from its loss to UConn that helped it run the gauntlet to a NC when UConn faltered against MSSt.

Reaction Score
It didn't do Virginia any good when they scheduled UConn. Virginia still sucked. A program has to get the players first in order to compete with the top programs.

Reaction Score
It didn't do Virginia any good when they scheduled UConn. Virginia still sucked. A program has to get the players first in order to compete with the top programs.
VA??? How does this prove your point in ANY way?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Did I miss something? Was a partial OCC schedule posted for UConn? If so, the link please.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Did I miss something? Was a partial OCC schedule posted for UConn? If so, the link please.
No. The information about the 3 home games was in an email to season ticket holders asking them to renew.

The information is also consistent with what we already know about the non-conference schedule for next season. In June of last year it was announced that UConn and NC State had agreed to a home and home series beginning in the '22-'23 season with the first game at UConn. We also know that UConn and Texas had agreed to a home and home series back in 2019 that was to expected to begin in the '20-'21 season. The Texas series was delayed first because of Covid and then at the request of Texas. It looks like the series will finally start with the first game at UConn. Finally, UConn and SC have signed a contract to continue playing and the teams are due to meet at UConn during the upcoming season (last season's game at SC was cancelled).

Reaction Score

No. The information about the 3 home games was in an email to season ticket holders asking them to renew.

The information is also consistent with what we already know about the non-conference schedule for next season. In June of last year it was announced that UConn and NC State had agreed to a home and home series beginning in the '22-'23 season with the first game at UConn. We also know that UConn and Texas had agreed to a home and home series back in 2019 that was to expected to begin in the '20-'21 season. The Texas series was delayed first because of Covid and then at the request of Texas. It looks like the series will finally start with the first game at UConn. Finally, UConn and SC have signed a contract to continue playing and the teams are due to meet at UConn during the upcoming season (last season's game at SC was cancelled).
it was? I'm a season ticket holder and I haven't gotten any such email. Hmmmm..

Reaction Score
It will bring much needed $$$ into their program, as they will be compensated for playing UConn. Yep.

Reaction Score
Wes Moore is an excellent coach who is looking to raise NC St to the next level. He almost got there this year winning the ACC and coming within an eyelash of making it to the FF in a terrific double-OT game against UConn in the Elite 8. If you want to be the best, you got to beat the best.
Exactly, some of the perspectives in this thread are odd. It should seem very obvious why you play the very best even knowing a blowout loss is coming.the positives are endless.

Reaction Score
Uconn should only be playing teams that can beat them.
No attack @jchusky but I am confused for a couple of days now, not sure I understand.
Is UConn supposed to schedule only previous years final four each year?
Should the game not even be played because the out come has been decided?
Have we not seen the overall improvement of the woman's game at all levels? This due to diverse scheduling with more TV exposure and the recruiting tool........
"Young lady, you were not recruited by UConn, Tenn, SC or Louisville but each is on our schedule over the next four years". "What say you come here and be a program builder?"
Pat, Geno, Tara, Jeff, and more planting seeds and the game is growing, along with shining stars at lesser ranked schools getting exposure they would not have if not given the opportunity to a demanding schedule.
Anyone anywhere anytime should be any D1 schools mantra... JMO....

Reaction Score
VA??? How does this prove your point in ANY way?
I could use a AAC team like East Carolina an example too. I started to say something else but I might get banned if I say it. I will just leave it at that

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
With all the crying I heard about playing UConn in Bridgeport, I was surprised they came back for more.

Reaction Score
I heard more outsiders crying about it than Wolfies
Me too. It was a game and they lost it on the court, not in the stands. I get grousing about it at selection time. But by game time, if your team is still thinking about stuff like that they’ve already lost.

Reaction Score
I think NC State will be good this year. Although the ACC will be tough, I think they have a real shot of finishing top 5 in the conference. I was super impressed with Jakia Brown Turner last year and in the game vs UConn. I think Diamond Johnson will play a lot more and won't have to compete for minutes this year with Raina Perez. They will have Jada Boyd and Mimi Collins up front. No doubt losing Cunane hurts and I don't think they will be a top 4 team in the country, but it should be a competitive game.

Also it seems to be rumored that they may get Saniya Rivers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom